Ares Games

Thread: Scramble in Aurora

Default Scramble in Aurora

Hello everybody, Once again I am hosting a scramble at my house (aka The Crib) on Sat. Feb. 25. Would like to start between 1 and 2 PM, hoping to do 2 scenarios. If interested PM me for directions and phone number.

Mike

Enjoy your game Mike, and please post us a few pictures.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yes, I'll be there, my finger has been itching on the throttle and I haven't sighted a machine in weeks!!!

We will have pictures Rob, or my XO will be digging new Latrines!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    We will have pictures Rob, or my XO will be digging new Latrines!!!
    Or, the old ones

"He is wise who watches"

To: Group de Combat 10 et Group de Combat12

Allon,
    All pilots and crew. Tomorrow at dawn elements of XII and XIV corps will launch an attack across the Chemin de Dames in the vicinity of Ft. De La Malmaisson. These men will be depending on you to destroy the observation balloons, artillery positions and enemy strongholds around the fort. Also, you must clear the skies of Le Boche. They must not be allowed to interfere with the ground troops and tanks. Your work in this area over the last few weeks has not gone unnoticed, I know you will succeed!

Bon Chance,
    Field Marshall Foch
    Paris, Oct. 22, 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post

Allon,
    All pilots and crew. Tomorrow at dawn elements of XII and XIV corps will launch an attack across the Chemin de Dames in the vicinity of Ft. De La Malmaisson. These men will be depending on you to destroy the observation balloons, artillery positions and enemy strongholds around the fort. Also, you must clear the skies of Le Boche. They must not be allowed to interfere with the ground troops and tanks. Your work in this area over the last few weeks has not gone unnoticed, I know you will succeed!

Bon Chance,
    Field Marshall Foch
    Paris, Oct. 22, 1917

Excellent, some or your so called Nieuports to shoot down her Field Marshall. Ya, a good day the our aerodrome, the Kaiser will decorate us!!!

Umh, its October,1917. Le Aviation Militaire has more than Nieuports in the air!

I have some pictures for everyone!!! Here's proof that my XO took some pictures at the Scramble!!!Name:  1.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  121.6 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  99.7 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  94.8 KB

Wow Tim. Somebody who still uses a real camera.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Wow Tim. Somebody who still uses a real camera.

Rob.
    Yes, and I'm pointing my Canon camera at him taking the picture!!! I have more pictures coming with an AAR for the wicked fight over the lines that came about!!!

Excellent !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post

Allon,

Bon Chance,
    Field Marshall Foch
    Paris, Oct. 22, 1917

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  104.3 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  97.0 KBName:  13.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  105.8 KBName:  36.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  92.1 KB

Great Scramble pics in your Ablum too

Nice looking "Crib" Michael

Thanks for the action pics, Tim, which one is you; have you marked it with a gout of flame ?!

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you, Craig. Most of those posters are over 20 years old! The foosball table is a relic of my teen age. I also have an AAR to post form our 2nd scenario.
    AAR

To: General John Pershing, Colonel William Mitchell
    AEF Headquarters
    Paris

General Pershing and Colonel Mitchell,
    Yesterday, Sept. 20, 1918, the 94th Aero Sqd. and others were assigned to destroy German defensive and artillery positions along the Meusse River, protect bridges and railroad depots from Verdun to Eppines and destroy any German aircraft that were in the area. Our results were a mixed bag. We were able to locate and destroy two German artillery positions in the Argonne forest. We spotted five German entrenched positions along the Meusse and destroyed them. Also, five German aircraft were encountered and destroyed. The aircraft crash landed behind our lines and all the surviving air crew were captured and turned over to Intelligence. Unfortunately, four of the five railroad depots in the Eppines area were destroyed and four of the five bridges leading from Verdun were knocked out. I have contacted some of our engineering companies and they have assured me that most of the damages can be repaired within 24 hrs. Enclosed are a few of the surveilance photos that I have been able to secure from the activities.

Respectfully submitted,
    Capt. Edward Richenbacker, 94th Aero

Name:  DSC_0177.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  64.7 KB
    one of our recon team

Name:  DSC_0178.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  79.7 KB
    Patti and Scott, the German players

Name:  DSC_0180.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  85.5 KB
    Ted and Pat, the American players. Along with myself.

Name:  DSC_0179.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  104.7 KB
    The German commanders over looking the field

Name:  DSC_0181.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  108.5 KB
    One of Patti's planes going poof!

Name:  DSC_0182.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  101.7 KB
    a railroad depot under fire