Ares Games

Thread: Battle of Britain planes

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lutz
    Sorties Flown

Default Battle of Britain planes

Hi

I am searching for Battle of Britain planes (the He-111 I have already printed and created a base. Now its paining time)
    but there are more :-)

What Im searching for is:
    Hawker Hurricane (for this I found the plane card)
    Junker Ju-87 (Stuka)
    Messerschmidt Bf-110

What I need is:
    Plane card for the 2 german planes
    Bases for the 2 germans (the Hurricane uses a standards fighter base as I can see)
    and the matchting manouver cards please

This would be very helpful.
    Thank you

Best from Singapore,
    Lutz

Hello, Lutz.....
    Although I am primarily interested in WW1 aircraft types, I do enjoy reading about (and seeing up close, then opportunities allow) all eras of aviation.

I have read with interest forum posts regarding BoB campaigns and missions. I'm wonder how many planes would be needed for a good campaign? And from which squadrons, both British and German? Spits and Hurricanes, if course. Me-110 and Bf-109. Perhaps other types of both sides, I don't know.

One more thing....what size would the playing area need to be. Would it need to include the coast if France as well as the coast of England, or am I thinking too big?

My knowledge of BoB is for the most part limited to a few excellent films, the 1969 classic Battle of Britain, and the 2018 film Mission of Honor. I've been told Dark Blue World is very good, but I haven't seen it. This is all to say BoB is an exciting topic, and I wish you luck with your endeavor and look forward to your AARs.
    Last edited by Larry R.; 01-28-2023 at 06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R. View Post
    .. I'm wonder how many planes would be needed for a good campaign? And from which squadrons, both British and German? Spits and Hurricanes, if course. Me-110 and Bf-109. Perhaps other types of both sides, I don't know. One more thing....what size would the playing area need to be. Would it need to include the coast if France as well as the coast of England, or am I thinking too big?..
    How many planes will be dictated by availability & your budget, Larry but the RAF flew vics of 3 planes so you could get away with just a flight. Germans flew a kette of 4 fighters so that could be enough. A couple of bombers for targets and away you go. Table size is usually a couple of WoG mats so roughly 4x3'. You don't need a French coast the battle of Britain was fought over the English coast & inland. You can Stukas. Ju88, Do17's to the mix - even Italian types flew in BoB a couple of times !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Link -> OldGuy59's WWII Axis Bombers & Heavy Fighters Album

Hmmm... I haven't done any BoB German Bf.110s?

And I've done Spanish Civil War Ju.87s, and late war tank busters, but no BoB Stukas. Others have done them, though.

Link -> WGS German and Allied planes by Max Headroom - Ju.87 Card (Look around the album for other planes)

There may be others around the Forum.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lutz
    Sorties Flown

Thank you
    So I have the plane cards x, thats great.

Does anyone have the manover decks? and (important) a scan of the base.
    Then I am able to re-create the base(s) in CAD for 3D printing. If someone wants...I can upload my stl files here for your usage (I will upload them into thingiverse too).

Battle of Britain Bf.110

[/COLOR]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGS Bf110 ErpGrp210 Splinter Card_V2.jpg  Views: 28  Size: 101.2 KB  ID: 322812" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />
    [COLOR="#B22222"][Edit: Range and Damge corrected!]
    Version 2 - Complete reformatting to Official Ares Heavy Fighter Card
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 01-30-2023 at 20:12.
    Mike

Now that I've done this as a base, I realize I messed up the damage on the cards!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGS Bf110 ErpGrp210 Base_V2.jpg  Views: 36  Size: 43.8 KB  ID: 322755" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

[Edit: Completely redone using a scan of an official Ares Wings of Glory Bf.110 card!]
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 01-30-2023 at 11:18.
    Mike

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lutz
    Sorties Flown

Thank you.
    This I can use for building the 3D base
    Are the dimensions as usual? 110 x 80?

Any chance to get the manover deck (and damage cards) for the BF-110?

(my final design of the He-111 base I will upload when back at home later)

Gack! I dug out an Ares Bf.110 plane, and scanned the card. Also, I looked at the base. My cards and the base image were wrong.

Corrected the base above, and working on the card(s). The official card measures 67x87mm.
    Mike

Plane Card redone, as well, now.
    Mike

Similar Missions

1. Battle of Britain Planes
    By rhodie80 in forum Colors and Markings
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2019, 22:37
  2. Battle of Britain Box
    By Kaiser in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2018, 04:49
  3. Battle of France & Battle of Britain Hurricane squadrons
    By miscmini in forum United Kingdom
    Replies: 11