Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lend Lease to North America

Default Lend Lease to North America

Fantastic news as the Lend Lease returns to America. Tim, Flying Helmut, will be join us at the Origins Game Fair for a wonderful five days of gaming. We will spend June 21st - 25th in Columbus, Ohio playing WOG WWI, WWII, SOG, and T&T. Thursday will be a dinner at the Hofbrauhaus to build camaraderie and run up an. outrageous bar bill. We will also hold the Harry Paul Materne III Memorial tournament on Saturday night. More details including the complete schedule of outstanding games will be posted here soon. We hope to see everyone there.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

That's great news and not before time - Have a wonderful trip Tim - Just leave all those amazing models at home will you, please! - what will they do whilst you're away

I gave Jim the Origins schedule a few days ago and he's just got all our events entered. We'll have 12 WGF games, 9 WGS games, 2 T&T and 3 SOG and also the 2nd Harry Paul Materne III Memorial tournament on Saturday eveninbg. 27 events over 5 days, so something for everyone to enjoy.

I'm so happy this tradition continues. We need to keep it for future, it's an important social part for (at least) Czech and English wings.

By the way, all other chosen members are true pillars of our community, Matt's system for choosing them works well

I am so pleased that Tim is at last getting the trip that he so richly deserves, especially after the trials and tribulations of his work during Covid when he should have been off on the trip.
    Bon voyage Tim!

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Excellent news. We'll make sure to give him a warm welcome
    And a cold one too

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Good news indeed!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Congrats to Tim! Best wishes for a safe trip.

The event will no doubt be a blast!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Great news Tim. Enjoy yerself 5 SOG gy days of fun

Finally... great news. Have an amazing time Tim.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

As the last recipient of the honour I expect Tim will have as much fun as I did, hard to believe that's already five years ago this year !

"He is wise who watches"

Glad to see it confirmed on the Forum. Now are there to be any more raffles to help him on his way?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I hope you chaps who contributed to the funds will now get the medal due to you all if you have not yet had yours.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    As the last recipient of the honour I expect Tim will have as much fun as I did, hard to believe that's already five years ago this year !
    Sadly covid did its worst to upend the LL program but we have finally gotten past it. Now we get to give Tim his well earned Origins experience at last.

We do not need any more money at this time. We had enough from previous auctions. We will always accept donations to cover our bar bill.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    We do not need any more money at this time. We had enough from previous auctions. We will always accept donations to cover our bar bill.
    I'm sure contributing to this could be claimed as a charitable contribution!

What's happening to the painted models contributed for the auctions that have yet to see the light of day?

Great news. Have a wonderful time, Tim. Long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    What's happening to the painted models contributed for the auctions that have yet to see the light of day?
    Hopefully they'll go to the return fixture for whoever that may be !

"He is wise who watches"

Congrats, Tim! Looking forward to meeting you and sharing the skies over Origins.
    Hey, they're running some Sails games if you wanna pop in.

I have all the wonderfully painted planes that people had sent for auction. They will be made available for future auctions to pay for the next lend lease trips. In theory next year someone from North America goes to Europe. If you sent a plane please send me a personal message so I can be sure I have everything that was sent. I believe I have all the planes that had been sent to Matt and Keith is sending me the planes he has.

Just to put the bug in anyone's ear I will need help with the future lend leases. I ended up contacted Keith and getting the previous funds to allow Tim to purchase his ticket. I am also taking care of Tim's lodging and entertainment while he is here. I have two more years before I retire. I will need help in the future with someone tallying up the points to figure out our next lend leaser, someone to run the raffle, and someone to coordinate the travel. I appreciate the future help.

Thanks for the great news Jim!!!!

I sent you a PM about helping out in the future.

Great news Tim. You'll have a great time. The sails table is a blast..........I know I'm in trouble at York! Have a great time.
    See you on the Dark Side......

congrats tim! cant think of a better recipient! well deserved. youve been a great ambassador for the game!
    i look forward to meeting you.

just want to add, ill be running 1 wgf game thur 7-either 10, or 11. just a late war dogfight this year.

.. If you sent a plane please send me a personal message so I can be sure I have everything that was sent. I believe I have all the planes that had been sent to Matt and Keith is sending me the planes he has..
    I sent this to Matt & you have since told me you found it so hope that's the case !
    Name:  Fokker Dr.1 Raffle_2.JPG
Views: 517
Size:  138.9 KB

"He is wise who watches"

Yes I have it.

Well, great birthday present - They've cancelled my flights!

Not all of them, just 3 out of the 4

The website says I can't rebook online, but must telephone and talk to a Customer Service Advisor - so I did.
    31 minutes later, they picked up, and said they have to "reboot their system - they'll put me on Hold for a couple of minutes".
    8 minutes later they terminated the call.

I phoned back, and heard an automated message saying they were VERY busy, please call back another time - and then terminated!

So, I start the whole process again tomorrow
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thats not good

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Well, that has to be very frustrating Tim. I hope it works out.

Uh oh. Stay cool if you can Tim - Best of luck with this one.

Breathe, Tim, breathe ...

"He is wise who watches"

I plan on being at Origins this year too, and it will be wonderful to meet you!!! From one Tim to another Tim, these guys are a great group, just beware of all the drinks they will drop on the Bar in front of you, you have the next days patrol there!!!

I sent this to Matt & you have since told me you found it so hope that's the case !
    Name:  Fokker Dr.1 Raffle_2.JPG
Views: 517
Size:  138.9 KB
    Wow, I wish I had one painted up in like this, it might very likely become my favorite!!! Great paint job Dave!!!

Well, whenever it comes up for raffle, Tim, you'll have to buy plenty of chances to win it !

"He is wise who watches"

Well, whenever it comes up for raffle, Tim, you'll have to buy plenty of chances to win it !

This one should be in the next auction as well

Wow Guys - next auction is going to be busy I think

Always great stuff in the Lend Lease Raffles!

Nice job, Steve, are those Kyte's personal markings .. K - ZZ ?!

"He is wise who watches"

Cheeky Squadron Leader. I resemble that remark!

Kyte.

I have that B-24. I don't want to give it up. The picture does not do it justice it is a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    They've cancelled my flights!

Not all of them, just 3 out of the 4
    Flights rearranged - phew!
    Same dates, but different times, and a return via Chicago instead of via Philadelphia.

One transfer now has a 5.5 hour transfer wait, but my Kindle should deal with that.

Great to hear the flight is back together. Lets pray this one stands.

Hopefully we won't have to balloon you back home! We've been collection lots of them lately.

Same dates, but different times, and a return via Chicago instead of via Philadelphia.

One transfer now has a 5.5 hour transfer wait, but my Kindle should deal with that.
    A wonderful thing is the Kindle Tim.
    Glad to hear that you have managed to re-arrange things.

Rob.

Well done Tim - good to hear its' all "right" again. Nothing "left" to chance huh
    A wonderful thing is the Kindle Tim.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Well done Tim - good to hear its' all "right" again. Nothing "left" to chance huh
    Nice one "Le Micro"

Glad you're all sorted out, Tim.
    It sounds like it would almost have been cheaper (certainly easier) to rent a private jet for the flight
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

While you are at O'Hare in Chicago look for the F4F Wildcat they have there. It is in Terminal 2 I believe.

I just saw this so have to help and hope all my friends have a great time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Lend Lease
    By Eleihun in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 03:55
  2. Lend Lease Raffle 2
    By rkwright in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 16:53
  3. Lend Lease 3 Raffle
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions