Ares Games

Thread: The 103rd on the Board

Default The 103rd on the Board

A couple of piccies from our event yesterday, featuring the 103rd Aero facing off against a few German opponents. One of our longer events since the SPADs could not turn on a dime. Two of the SPADs are preprints from RAF. We allowed players to choose a card from the C Deck to determine random skills - a boom card meant a rookie, a zero was no effect, a numbered card meant bullet checker, and a 10 was an ace and an ace skill could be chosen. A few bullet checkers graced the table, and later, when the Fokker Dr.I respawned, it was an Ace! (did not seem to matter, the Dr.I suffered the most in the game)

Name:  20230102_122550[1].jpg
Views: 124
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  20230102_122605[1].jpg
Views: 150
Size:  113.0 KB

Name:  20230102_131044[1].jpg
Views: 146
Size:  132.5 KB
    A late arriving SPAD XI

Users Country Flag

Name
    Billy
    Sorties Flown

I’ll need to use the random skills idea!

Looks like you had some fun there Darryl - Did you play the Dr1 as having a collision then? Or like many of us, do you only play that when peg stacks overlap a single base? - Thanks for sharing (PS pic 2 is currently on its side - Tip - If you need it - this can be overcome by making the bottom edge longer than the sides simply by cropping).

Nice one, Darryl, our group at Entoyment has it's first sorties of 2023 tomorrow night.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thanks for posting Daryl.

For collisions. We normally want a base overlapping the center peg.

I do have to share a picture from the later game. The blow to your self esteem when the RAF RE8 shoots down your state of the art Fokker D.VII!

The three cards on the left were at a +1.

Name:  IMG_1863.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  128.2 KB

Thanks for sharing, love that SPAD XI.
    Might want to get some lozenge camo on that white D.VII in order to avoid enemy fire

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Might want to get some lozenge camo on that white D.VII in order to avoid enemy fire
    I'm guessing the white Fokker is piloted by Hermann Goering. Always liked his plane.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Looks like you had some fun there Darryl - Did you play the Dr1 as having a collision then? Or like many of us, do you only play that when peg stacks overlap a single base? - Thanks for sharing (PS pic 2 is currently on its side - Tip - If you need it - this can be overcome by making the bottom edge longer than the sides simply by cropping).
    We play collision as you do...overlapping a peg...overwise we would have a ton of unrealistic collisions!

I'll work on the piccie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop33 View Post
    I’ll need to use the random skills idea!
    It was a nice twist, and something I hope we continue to do. We don't use Ace skills often, and the amount of jams...oh my! So allowing players to have a chance for some skilling was different.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Nice one, Darryl, our group at Entoyment has it's first sorties of 2023 tomorrow night.
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Thanks for posting Daryl.

For collisions. We normally want a base overlapping the center peg.

I do have to share a picture from the later game. The blow to your self esteem when the RAF RE8 shoots down your state of the art Fokker D.VII!

The three cards on the left were at a +1.

Name:  IMG_1863.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  128.2 KB
    It was classic, and the "fat man" had it coming to him...same player had the Dr.I in the first game. I think we should give him the best plane every time we play and then watch it crash and burn!

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Thanks for sharing, love that SPAD XI.
    The SPAD XI is Old Guy 59's...He did a nice job on it!

As for Hermann, he needs all the help he can get, for certain.
    Last edited by predhead; 09-05-2023 at 13:36.

Similar Missions

1. Promotions board.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-14-2018, 05:33
  2. National Promotions Board.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 18:56
  3. 100 up on the board.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 39