Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shapeways sale???

Default Shapeways sale???

Does anyone know if shapeways is having a black friday sale like they have had in the past. If so, can you share the code.

Thanks!

Haven't seen anything but have an order coming. Like I need more planes.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Haven't seen anything but have an order coming. Like I need more planes.
    It's an addiction that knows no cure Bob

My wife asked me what I wanted for Xmas. I told her some planes from shapeways. See was like......"Don't you have enough of those" I was like "NO!...GIMME GIMMIE"

Tabletop Crack!

Gotta have something to pass the crappy winters with.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    My wife asked me what I wanted for Xmas. I told her some planes from shapeways. See was like......"Don't you have enough of those" I was like "NO!...GIMME GIMMIE"

Tabletop Crack!

Gotta have something to pass the crappy winters with.
    Too much of a good thing is never enough.

Haven't heard of a sale this year.
    I just got an order so I'm good for now. In fact, 3 plates of planes for Origins are getting the wax job right now,
    along with the never-to-be-finished WH great swordsmen
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I just got email from them:
    20% off orders $200 or more: Use code 20CYBER2022
    10% off orders under $199: Use code 10CYBER2022
    The sale runs 12:01 am ET on November 28th until midnight on November 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    I just got email from them:

The sale runs 12:01 am ET on November 28th until midnight on November 29th.
    Thanks for the heads up Daryl.

Unfortunately, since prices went up today including shipping, after applying the coupon, the final price is higher than before....
    Last edited by Walarik; 11-28-2022 at 02:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Walarik View Post
    Unfortunately, since prices went up today including shipping, after applying the coupon, the final price is higher than before....
    Sneaky!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Just received my notice this morning. 20% off.
    Same here. Hmmmm, what do I rerally need?

They got me. 18 more Daryl FCN12s have been requisitioned. I "saved" $50
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shapeways order 11282022.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	321249
    Last edited by malachi; 11-28-2022 at 07:53.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    They got me. 18 more Daryl FCN12s have been requisitioned. I "saved" $50

Name:	shapeways order 11282022.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	321249
    Looks like you won't be painting planes anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Walarik View Post
    Hmm, I didn't check everywhere, but the prices seemed about the same in $US for models I looked at. Maybe there was a currency-exchange correction?

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    Hmm, I didn't check everywhere, but the prices seemed about the same in $US for models I looked at. Maybe there was a currency-exchange correction?
    The problem is in the fact that for US, prices are the same. But if you select shipping to CZ (or some other countries in EU), price is immediately up from 12 to 15 per item, and shipping is no longer 10, but 19 instead (probably to deliver it before Christmas - which is for me irrelevant).
    Last edited by Walarik; 11-29-2022 at 01:01.

Well, I succumbed (no surprise there!).

Saved around Ł50

Thanks for the heads up Daryl - that set me up for a nice personalised Xmas pressy

Saved a bit on a couple of Pfalz E types I had awaiting in my cart. Thanks for the codes!

I had been holding off on some 2 seaters, DFW C.V, DH9 and Alb C.VII. I finally pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    You goaded me into expanding my ghost army.

Name:	shapeways ghost army.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	321290

I placed an order for six aircraft in the full color category. Now I have to make sure I have cards/maneuver decks for all of them.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Wow Chris. That's quite an order. I can't wait to see your inverted Louis Strange Martinsyde.

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    I placed an order for six aircraft in the full color category. Now I have to make sure I have cards/maneuver decks for all of them.
    Robert - looking forward to seeing your new additions.

Chris, gotta see the Blackburn Kangaroo when you get it finished!!!!

I ordered a few from the colored catalog. Hope they print up good.

I got this in email today:

For a limited time, Shapeways is offering 20%* off Multi Jet Fusion Plastic PA12, including parts in black or grey, with standard or smooth finishes.

Providing outstanding strength, flexibility, and resistance to chemicals and moisture, MJF PA12 is popular for architectural models, drone parts, mechanical components, and miniatures.
    Shop the Shapeways Marketplace or Upload Your Model by December 23 [2022] to receive 20% off MJF PA12 when you spend $100 or more. Apply promo code 20PLASTICPA12 at checkout.
    I don't know whether it applies to full-colored PA12. (It should certainly apply to paint-it-yourself PA12 in gray or black.) I'm not even 100% sure it applies if it's not your own model. But it won't hurt to try the code, if you've already got over US$100 in your checkout basket.

My airplanes arrived yesterday. We may have to play Belgian scouts against a German recon/bombing mission at Gritty Goblin Games.

Name:	800-IMG_1895.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	321939

Name:	800-IMG_1896.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	321940

Harriot HD.1, SPAD VII, Udet's SS D.III, DFW C.V, a Pflaz D.XII, and a LVG C.VI. This is how they look straight out of the box.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Nice looking group of planes Robert. And yeah, Belgians and Germans at the Goblin this Thursday sounds great

Here's the latest Shapeways sale, covering Cyber Monday and Tuesday 2023:
    Celebrate this Cyber Monday and Tuesday with up to *20% off AND *free shipping!

Act now and take *15% off orders $50-$199, with code 15CYBER2023. If you spend over $200, take *20% off your order with code 20CYBER2023.

In addition to our Cyber discounts, we are offering *free standard shipping for orders over $100 on our Marketplace and orders over $250 on our Self Serve Platform. You will have the option to apply free shipping at checkout if your order qualifies.

Thanks Daryl. Got my e mail this morning So here we go, here we go, here we go

GREAT!!!

Placed an order 1 week ago!

This is the second time this has happened to me. I develop an order, get the free shipping, apply the code and it tells me I have saved Ł58.00. I then go to pay, the saving from the promo code has disappeared and when I put it in again it tells me it has timed out. Order cancelled and I'm getting pretty p******d off with it

Thanks Daryl.
    I must have fallen off the mailing lists

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Yes, thank you Daryl. I have placed an order for 13 models. There may be lots of naval action in the future, or the Belgian air force will have lots of missions.

Can’t wait to see them in action Robert

Yes, thank you Daryl. I have placed an order for 13 models. There may be lots of naval action in the future, or the Belgian air force will have lots of missions.
    Well Done Robert. I have also taken advantage and bought a number of machines for my French, Italian and Austro-Hungarian flights and some early war British machines.

By the way did you know that your inbox is full? Found out when I tried to thank you for the Rep you sent me for my painted Nieuport.

Also I had some minor troubles when getting the free shipping. The shipping still shows but your discount includes it, so you pay the right amount but it looks like you are still paying for shipping. The very helpful customer service chap put my mind at reast within minutes of me asking the question.

My Shapeways order arrived today. Each model is in a small plastic cage with no obvious way to open it other than taking snips to it and destroying the cage. This must be something new.

I just clicked onto Shapeways site, and was met by this banner....

THIS WEEK ONLY |
    Free shipping to the UK for orders over $50 USD |
    Promo code: FREESHIPUK2023 |
    *Terms apply

My current order is due to ship out at the end of this week - do I take advantage of this offer as well?

My Shapeways order arrived today. Each model is in a small plastic cage with no obvious way to open it other than taking snips to it and destroying the cage. This must be something new.
    Yeah, it's supposed to better protect the model during shipping. It's something Shapeways came up with, and they don't raise the price for adding the cages.

Well my order is now being shipped. Again too much spent for planes and targets, but so worth it

Karl

There is supposed to be a "Flash Sale" coming on 13-14 December* 2023, but I don't know what that means yet.

* Don't be surprised if they extend it a day or two extra; they tend to do that.

"Flash" sale? I know him - I don't think I could afford him!

I think the international shipping for Flash would be too much for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Shapeways sale
    By Teaticket in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-24-2019, 12:54
  2. General Shapeways flash sale.
    By Guntruck in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 13:52
  3. General Shapeways sale
    By Teaticket in forum Shapeways Models