Ares Games

Thread: Climb and dive tokens

Default Climb and dive tokens

I seem to recall that someone had done climb and dive tokens that could be used like high/low speed tokens are in the WWII game so that (as an example) a turn card could be a climbing or diving turn, depending on the marker played on the card. Does anyone recall seeing these before, and if so, who produced them? I tried Litko, but didn’t see anything like this on their site.

They may have been home-made, or Keith may have made them for the Aerodrome Accessories shop. Either way, not available anywhere.

Keith did sell his templates to Rival Sky Games in Australia, but Evan hasn't spooled up any production of stands or products, IIRC. Link -> https://rivalsky.com.au/

PS: I have made maneuver cards for climbing and diving turns, which are in an album (perhaps not public, though).

I haven't read these, but I found them. Might be worth a read. Link -> Downloads - WWI - House Rules - Alternative Simple Altitude Rules
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 11-19-2022 at 23:21.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsalt View Post
    I seem to recall that someone had done climb and dive tokens that could be used like high/low speed tokens are in the WWII game so that (as an example) a turn card could be a climbing or diving turn, depending on the marker played on the card. Does anyone recall seeing these before, and if so, who produced them? I tried Litko, but didn’t see anything like this on their site.
    I use the reverse of the WoW alt tokens, Bob, positioned as up for up, down for down; a peg is a climb token, dive, climb & Immelmann cards lose or gain multiple pegs, depending on the aircraft in use.
    The Tripe in this pic is making a climbing turn:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=1361

"He is wise who watches"

Would be useful to have a sticky thread with links to all alternative alt rules that people developped over the years

CappyTom made some homemade ones for WGS several years ago.
    I don't think he posted a file of them.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    CappyTom made some homemade ones for WGS several years ago.
    I don't think he posted a file of them.
    Karl
    Keith made some of them in plastic. I bought a bunch and have used them a couple times. I think players have to be experienced with altitude to use them though. It did slow plotting a little as you could gain or lose an altitude chit on just about every card played.

If you have extra fast and slow tokens you could easily write on a + or - to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    Would be useful to have a sticky thread with links to all alternative alt rules that people developed over the years
    It would but we're supposed to limit the number of sticky threads we have and it would require a body to find them, log & link them all, then maintain it.
    Advanced search on Altitude rules and/or a trawl through the House Rules in the files should turn up most.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. No Climb / Dive in Maneuver Deck G
    By von Fustercluck in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 12:35
  2. Simplified Dive and Climb Rules
    By John B in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-15-2014, 10:59
  3. realistic Climb/Dive and Bank
    By johnbiggles in forum WGS: House Rules