Ares Games

Thread: ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT (2022 Film)

Default ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT (2022 Film)

I can’t recommend the new NETFLIX version of All Quiet on the Western Front enough. This new German speaking version is utterly brutally brilliant. Yes it does make changes from the book (the dates and the ending) but it doesn’t matter. It’s already being called one of the best war/anti war films ever made. The scene where French Charmond tanks assault the German trenches is incredible. Really worth seeing, breathtaking piece of film making.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-12-2023 at 20:46.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen anything about this movie.

I saw it the day it released on Netflix, excellent. It's gritty. For those who thought 1917 had too much of a happy ending

Thanks for the reminder. I had seen the promo for this but had forgotten about it.

Looking forward to it. Any aircraft action?

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Not at all, just from infantry perspective. But lot of mud

I've heard it is a brutal action movie more than anything else. I will check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will have to check out the German language version.

Yep seen this one. Agree with all comments so far posted. A really good film, sometimes difficult to watch, it is so realistic and pretty emotionally challenging. A must watch

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Not so much. But Tanks. French Saint-Chamond Assault Tanks. Call them heavily armored turreted vehicles if you want, but I'm calling them tanks. In an extended action sequence.
    Last edited by Savoir Faire; 11-11-2022 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    I can’t recommend the new NETFLIX version of All Quiet on the Western Front enough. This new German speaking version is utterly brutally brilliant. Yes it does make changes from the book (the dates and the ending) but it doesn’t matter. It’s already being called one of the best war/anti war films ever made. The scene where French Charmond tanks assault the German trenches is incredible. Really worth seeing, breathtaking piece of film making.
    Chris - "All Quiet..." just received 9 Oscar nominations today!

Richly deserved

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Unfortunately, none of the movies you've mentioned recently are on Amazon here in New Zealand...

really looking forward to seeing it.

Chris - "All Quiet on the Western Front" just won the Oscar for best foreign film.

Awesome! It is a very good telling of the original story. Very well done!

i finally got to see. thoroughly enjoyed it. though i will say its a bit lacking in character building compared to the original. had a little trouble telling which support character was which. they just kind of blended into the background. still, rather epic view of ww1 not really possible before todays special effects.

i finally got to see. thoroughly enjoyed it. though i will say its a bit lacking in character building compared to the original. had a little trouble telling which support character was which. they just kind of blended into the background. still, rather epic view of ww1 not really possible before todays special effects.

Similar Missions

1. Just Another Day over the Western Front
    By Naharaht in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2019, 02:26
  2. Origins 2019 All's Quiet on the Martian Front
    By rhodie80 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 03:39
  3. All Quiet on the Western Front
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 17:12
  4. All Is Not Quiet Above The Western Front, Roland!
    By Archidamus in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 02:04