Ares Games

Thread: G deck

Default G deck

Is there a G maneuver deck?

Yes, there is one. I think it was in the Wings of War Watch Your Back.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Yes, there is one. I think it was in the Wings of War Watch Your Back.
    Dan & Dan- yes it’s definitely in the Watch Your Back set.

The G maneuver deck was used in the Wings of War cards version by
    - Halberstadt D.III
    - Airco DH.2
    - Fokker E.IV

Former Wings of War version
    Name:  B3786342-5F7E-4CF3-99B7-BBD8C3BD556B.jpeg
Views: 222
Size:  123.6 KB

The Halberstadt D.III and Airco DH.2 have been produced as miniatures in the Wings of Glory version and received the P deck.
    (Fokker E.IV has not been produced as a miniature)
    While the former users of the P deck (Fokker E.III and Morane-Saulnier N) received a new T deck in the WOG version.

Here is the list of the planes and their maneuver deck (not updated, the Fr deck of the RAF SE.5 is missing)
    Aircraft Maneuver Deck Matrix v2
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2007

Name:  F5F0B504-B84B-40E5-BE32-E7202289C5E3.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  86.2 KB
    Name:  1BD27C3A-6375-40F5-BA5B-21B97A33AD90.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  85.6 KB

The WW1 WOG Database made by Honza shows the detailed maneuver decks
    http://www.hoho.cz/app/wog/index.php?vypis_baliku=1

Here is the G maneuver deck :
    Name:  DC5B9746-CD5D-41C6-B1D9-3467CC383439.jpeg
Views: 231
Size:  467.2 KB

I've got the "G" deck for use with the FE.2b. Hopefully this is correct. Will double check to be on the safe side

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    I've got the "G" deck for use with the FE.2b. Hopefully this is correct. Will double check to be on the safe side
    G Deck for FE.2b should be OK, it is also mentioned on Wings of Linen in FE.2b section.

I would take the Immelmann card out. I am pretty sure the Fe2b could not do one of those.

If it does, maybe you should pick up a damage card - if it has a crew special damage, your observer fell out!

Would seem a good idea about the Immelmann. Thinking about it, it would seem a heavy load for the engine to handle, especially if laden with bombs - so no Immelmann with bombs and I'm leaning towards no Immelmann at all

Would seem a good idea about the Immelmann. Thinking about it, it would seem a heavy load for the engine to handle, especially if laden with bombs - so no Immelmann with bombs and I'm leaning towards no Immelmann at all...
    A plane with a full or half load of bombs cannot Immelmann according to the rules anyway, Iain (p.38 RAP 2014) and must do at least two non steep manoeuvres rather than one between steep manoeuvres (always forget this).
    The FE2b had 120 & later 160hp engines, carried up to 517 lb of bombs as well as two or three guns so had quite some grunt, I'd let it use the Immel once the bombs were gone or doing a recce mission without a bomb load. Observers were expected to hang on & could be connected by a strap to the floor of their cockpit so I wouldn't bother with a penalty. They're vulnerable to attack from the rear & below so they need something going for them.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    A plane with a full or half load of bombs cannot Immelmann according to the rules anyway, Iain (p.38 RAP 2014) and must do at least two non steep manoeuvres rather than one between steep manoeuvres (always forget this).
    The FE2b had 120 & later 160hp engines, carried up to 517 lb of bombs as well as two or three guns so had quite some grunt, I'd let it use the Immel once the bombs were gone or doing a recce mission without a bomb load. Observers were expected to hang on & could be connected by a strap to the floor of their cockpit so I wouldn't bother with a penalty. They're vulnerable to attack from the rear & below so they need something going for them.
    and there I am, back at the beginning will have a think. Thanks for the suggestions all. Now wait for Daryl's little pressies to arrive

I haven't finished any Fees yet, but I use the 'G' deck for my Pfalz E.I and E.II (and soon-to-be-finished E.III) models.

I was using them for the Fokker E.IV, until Zoe convinced me to upgrade to the 'V' deck (since the 'G' is too slow for them).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Brings up the point Just because you could do it, doesn't mean you should do it

Brings up the point Just because you could do it, doesn't mean you should do it
    And just because you shouldn't do it doesn't mean you can't
    If you play the gunner restrictions on tandems performing Immels it might not be wise to either but having a last ditch move to break contact might be a useful thing to have in the toolbox.

"He is wise who watches"

Default G deck for sale

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock57 View Post
    Is there a G maneuver deck?
    Another great discussion, anyone have any for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock57 View Post
    Another great discussion, anyone have any for sale?
    I make my own.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Watch your Back on EBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/133740140628

That gives you more cards, proper Cockpits, Rulers and four Manoever decks E,F,G and H plus lots of tokens etc and the rules.

Also you can search for the Immelmann booster pack but the Watch your Back box is a better value option in my opinion.

Similar Missions

1. Difference Deck V - Deck W (Yokosuka D4Y1, D4Y3) Susei
    By Sashdash in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 07:53
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 07:25
  3. N deck vs F deck and SE5A
    By jwclere in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 15:06
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 10:13
  5. What maneuver deck is most like the v deck?
    By EhindsVCS in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 08:43