Ares Games

Thread: ANTIAIRCRAFT GUNS BOMBING BY TWO GERMAN TWO-SEATERS

Default ANTIAIRCRAFT GUNS BOMBING BY TWO GERMAN TWO-SEATERS

A bombing mission for two German two-seaters UFAG C.I and Rumpler C.IV (Monse at the controls) against two anti-aircraft guns protected by an English Bristol F.2b Fighter (directed by Antsaintex).
    The planes start at altitude 3.

1. The two German planes maneuver to be in line with their target. The artillery counters are positioned at altitude 3.
    Exchange of fire between the UFAG and the Bristol which jams.

2. The UFAG descends to altitude 2 to avoid the artillery counter.
    The rear gunners of the UFAG and the Bristol exchange fire and the English observer is eliminated.

3. The German two-seaters abandon their approach to their target.

4. The German two-seater rear gunners fire together against the Bristol which misses its shot against the UFAG.

5. Flame damage for the Bristol and smoke damage for the UFAG. The German planes manage to avoid the Artillery counters.

6. The C.IV Rumpler drops a bomb card from altitude 2 that partially covers the flak card.

7. The bomb dropped by the UFAG destroys the damaged flak. The 3 aircraft exchange fire, the Rumpler jams and the Bristol benefits from a bonus from the higher altitude.

8. The Rumpler C.IV drops its second bomb card which covers the center of the second flak card and is destroyed.
    The Bristol and the UFAG take the same amount of damage.

9. The three Flame counters did not cause any damage to the Bristol.
    The German two-seaters perform a circling maneuver to surround the British aircraft.

10. The Germans move to the rear of the Bristol, which has lost its rear gunner, but inflict only 1 damage point.

11. Immelmann of the Bristol which avoids the UFAG's rear fire.

12. Mutual shots between the Bristol and the UFAG, whose pilot suffers one Crew damage.

13. The rear machine gun of the UFAG jams.

14. The UFAG returns to its camp with 5 structure points remaining to preserve its wounded pilot.
    The Rumpler failed to approach the Bristol on the previous maneuvers and is fired upon from higher altitude.

15. New effective fire from the Bristol which jams.

16. 17. Successive ineffective shots from the Rumpler's rear gunner.

18. 19. The Rumpler succeeds in several short-range shots due to altitude changes by the Bristol and the German.

20. The Rumpler's rear gunner destroys the Bristol.

Conclusion : the two anti-aircraft guns are destroyed as well as the Bristol which was strongly penalized by the loss of its rear gunner at the beginning of the game.

Heavy action Simon. Great pics and AAR

Nice scenario, I might try this. I can't give you reputation points because I already did recently for something else. I think it could have been quite different if the F2B had not lost the gunner so early on.

You play some fun scenarios. Do you make them up on the spot or do you have a list somewhere?

Good work by those Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonfrog View Post
    You play some fun scenarios. Do you make them up on the spot or do you have a list somewhere?
    Thank you for your comments.
    The scenarios are improvised, depending of the type of mission we want to play (dogfight, recon, balloon, bombing…) and the planes available.

Nice AAR, Simon.
    The Bristol was hampered early on when the rear gunner went down and the Germans controlled the day.

Thanks for a nice clear AAR. (I can't give you rep. at the moment.)

Ah these German aviators, they are formidable! And with luck, they are unbeatable. I hope to have the opportunity to take my revenge.

Similar Missions

1. Guns for 2 seaters
    By grumpybear in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 18:00
  2. What did the "C" in German two-seaters aircrafts stand for (in German)?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 07:28
  3. German 2 seaters
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 01:01
  4. German 2 Seaters
    By David Manley in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 06:26
  5. Models of German 2-Seaters Badly Needed!
    By Mike W in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 00:39