Ares Games

Thread: Farewell to an amazing pilot

Default Farewell to an amazing pilot

My mom passed away last night after losing her battle with the lingering effects of cancer and heart problems. She was the hub of the wheel for our family and almost solely responsible for my love of board games. Although it's a hard time, the family is doing pretty well and doing our best to remember her in happier times. Here she is last Christmas, so proud to have ruthlessly shot down my Santa and reindeer using her favorite MvR Dr.I. Blue skies forever, Mom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mom - wings.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	319982

My condolences Chris - to you and the whole family.

I am sorry for your loss, Chris.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Sorry to hear your news Chris

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Very sorry to hear your news Chris.
    Cherish those fond memories of your mum always.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sorry to read it, Chris. It is obvious, even from your short text, she was very special. I wish her clear blue sky forever.

Condolences to you and your family. She sounds like quite a character who will very much live on in your memory.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Chris, my condolences to you and the family. She gave you the gift of gaming and precious memories, you can't get better than that.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Your photo is a great way to remember your mum.
    Condolences.

Condolences to you and your family Chris.

Many condolences to you and your family Chris.

My condolences Chris. What a wonderful person. So sad to loose the awesome ones.

So sorry to hear of your loss Chris. I remember the photo of your Mother from last Christmas very well. That photo put a smile on my face yet again.

Sorry to hear of your loss

Thank you all very much.

Condolences.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Great pic of your Mom in action, Chris.
    Blue Skies

Hi Chris, sorry to hear your sad news, there's no words that can really help at a time like this but the good memories of her will stay with you always. Any mum who can shoot down her sons Santa must have left you with lots of good memories.
    Take care

Many heartfelt condolences to you, Chris.

Your Mom sounds like a real card!

Treasure those fond memories.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks for the kind words, all, they are much appreciated. She will be missed and treasured

You and your family have my condolences, Chris. Take care.

Condolences to you and your family, Chris.
    As others have said, that photograph is a great one to remember your Mum by. It shows life, vitality, and a competitive spirit.

very sorry to hear this my Condolences to you and your family

Chris, I am so sorry to hear that. You and your family should be proud that, at least as recently as that brilliant photo was taken, she enjoyed her last days on earth with you all.

So sorry for this Chris. You were lucky and truly blessed to have her as your mom. We're all endebted to her for helping to bring you to us via boardgaming.

Thanks very much to all of you for the comforting words and encouragement. Playing games of all types has always been an important part of our family bonding and friendly competition. Mom will be missed for her ever-enthusiastic participation but we have many, many great memories of those times to hold onto.

For those of you who missed this short thread of some family games after the worst of the pandemic was passed: a few games with family

my condolences for your loss chris.

A late post to this, but my condolences Chris!!! I lost my wife to that terrible disease, so my heart goes out to you and your family!!!

Sad news indeed. My condolences to you and your family and friends. Mike

Another late post. Sorry.

Thanks to all of you, much appreciated. We are cherishing the good memories.

Chris,
    my heartfelt condolences to you and your family !
    cherish your memories of her ...
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Chris, please accept my condolences.

My condolences Chris. May those fond memories carry you through this tough time.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Thanks to all of you, much appreciated. We are cherishing the good memories.

Similar Missions

1. FAREWELL TO THE QUEEN... AND THANK YOU
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2022, 11:44
  2. Farewell to the Sea Kings.
    By Naharaht in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 22:00
  3. F4 farewell
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2