Ares Games

Thread: Simon Ryan (Syborg 3D) R.I.P.

Default Simon Ryan (Syborg 3D) R.I.P.

Can’t believe I am having to write another post like this...

It is with shock and sadness that I must report the sudden and unexpected passing of Simon Ryan (Syborg3D). I know many of you have purchased some of his inexpensive and ever improving planes over the past year or so. Simon joined the forum following many chats at the Newark shows. He was an extremely nice and talented chap.
    It is too early to know whether the or not the business will continue. The website states that (understandably) no new orders are being taken, but they will endeavour to resolve current orders.

Simon died suddenly last Saturday (1st October), I am sure you will all join me in sending condolences to his family and friends.

I will put a thread into the Hall of Fallen Airmen shortly.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks for that message, WingCo.

It was indeed a huge shock to find this out today @ "Partizan" - I was looking forward to seeing Simon again, for a chat and, very probably, a purchase or two.

Deepest condolences to his family and friends.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Blimey! That's sad news indeed. My condolences go to his family.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Very sad to hear this news. We have had too many friends fall this last year or so.
    My heart felt condolences go out to Simon's family and friends.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Also very sad to hear this news, I only spoke to him at Newbury a few weeks ago. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.
    A very sad loss indeed

Condolences from West of The Pond.

Between here and several veteran forums for alumni of birds Grandpa wrenched on, this is becoming an every-other week thing wondering "where are we gonna lose somebody next and who"... Embrace every moment and live it to the fullest, my friends, you never know which is gonna be the last.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Very sad. He was always very polite in all the messages we exchanged. My condolences go to his family.

Sad news. Wishing much comfort to the family.

Sorry to see this.
    My condolences to his family.

Commiserations to all of you who have lost this friend.

Very sorry to see this news, only saw him briefly at Colours recently but I know some of the chaps bought models from him that day. My sincere condolences to his family.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Very sorry to see this news, only saw him briefly at Colours recently but I know some of the chaps bought models from him that day. My sincere condolences to his family.
    Likewise, in the short conversation we had (as he found talking difficult) he seemed like a very nice chap indeed. So sorry to hear of his passing so soon

Saw and spoke to him at Colours, very sad news, condolences to his family.

So sad to hear this news! My condolences to the family and friends!
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 10-10-2022 at 04:19.

very sad to hear this news my condolences to the family and friends!

Good bye, Simon. Your footprint will stay here to the end of our days.

Very sorry to hear the sad news. Condolences to his family.

This is very sad news and my condolences go out to his family. I had a chat to him as I bought some of his planes at Colours a few weeks ago and it was a real shock to discover he had passed. RIP Simon.

rip simon. condolences to family and friends.

A sad loss indeed. Condolences to Family and Friends.

Condolences to family and friends from Devon. I don't believe I ever met him but the passing of a well liked pilot is always very sad.

Similar Missions

1. Syborg 3D Printing
    By syborg3d in forum 3D printed Models
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-01-2024, 08:14
  2. Harry from Karleen via Simon
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-28-2020, 09:04
  3. Saving Private Ryan 20 Years On
    By NewFlyBoy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9