Ares Games

Thread: Doncaster 2022

Default Doncaster 2022

I would like to thank Chris for a thoroughly entertaining weekend.

It was great to meet many old friends again, even after my brief journey down last year for the Ace of Aces game only. Some fantastic games, for me the best was Dave Manleys race game. A great laugh, great fun, easy to pick up the rules and very, very entertaining.

The terrain on the sails table was outstanding.

Marks V1 intercept game was tough going, they are hard to knock down, flip over but easy to be caught in the chain reaction blast when one's allies blow up a V1 right under you and then proceed to knock a few others out of the sky from that explosion.

Sundays Ace of Aces game had all the hall marks of another epic wipe out for the Bulldogs, but they came back only to lose out in the end to our secret weapon, DM,
    no not Deadly M but Dave Manley.......the Ace of Ace of Aces Dave Manley to be exact.

Another emphatic Eagles win.

See you next year.
    See you on the Dark Side......

It was great to see both yourself and Karen again this year Neil. Just a pity we did not get more time to catch up like the lasses did. The whole weekend was pretty frenetic for me building and dismantling two sets of terrain. Just glad that you liked them. Looks like next year it will be Chris doing the biggie with Copenhagen.

See you there all being well.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2022
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 01-13-2023, 09:25
  2. DONCASTER 2022 PROGRAM & GAMES SELECTION
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-27-2022, 01:37
  3. Doncaster 2022 badge
    By Boney10 in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 76