Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mess of the OTT Edgy Young Men Campaign 1917

Default Mess of the OTT Edgy Young Men Campaign 1917

We have reached the end of the OTT Bold Young Men Campaign so for those interested we will be continuing the early war conflict with a new campaign that has the title of OTT - Edgy Young Men Campaign, which will commence on Nov 1st 2022.

This campaign will cover the period January/February/March 1917 in WW1 air combat.
    I'm happy to provide the full admin for those that play and will be preparing documents/threads to assist us with that.

For the info of all Players:
    There will be four games to each campaign month eg 5th, 10th, 15th, 25th July but we will only play 1 game a month.
    This means that for the 3 months of the period we will get 12 months of gaming, we also get longer use of some of the kit. This also affects injury times for pilots and crew and there will be breaks in March & August, after each campaign mont to allow people to catch up.

As usual, all those that play are expected to provide a scenario (or two) at some point.

If you want to join OTT Edgy Young Men campaign please check the rules sticky, particularly you old campaigners as some minor changes will be made permanent.

Old campaigners of BYM will continue with their current rosters, your WIA will eventually return to action, your KIA/POW are lost to history.

Those who wish to 'change ends' need to tell me so I may reverse or change your rosters.

If anyone has any questions this is the place to ask them.

The potential pilots (pending notification):

Dave (flash) - Bulldog
    Paul (Tikkifriend) - Bulldog
    Peter (Teaticket) - Bulldog
    Pete (Stumptonian) - Eagle
    John (Vagabond) - Bulldog
    Paul (ShadowDragon) - Bulldog
    Barrie (Baz) - Eagle
    Malachi (Chris) - Eagle
    Hu Rhu (Gary) - Eagle
    Mikeemagnus (Mike) - Bulldog
    Last edited by flash; 10-22-2022 at 04:44.

"He is wise who watches"

Well, your campaign needs you - to volunteer to write a scenario !
    PM me please

"He is wise who watches"

Well done chaps, we have the first one covered and a couple later on, keep 'em coming !

Nov: ShadowDragon - Week 1 Jan 5th (This month: More Alb D.III for Eagles)
    Dec: Vagabond - Week 2 Jan 12th
    Jan: Stumptonian - Week 3 Jan 19th
    Feb: Baz - Week 4 Jan 27th (On 27 January, the Kogenluft issued an order grounding all D.IIIs pending resolution of the wing failure problem)
    Mar: - Off
    Apr: Malachi - Week 5 Feb 5th
    May: Teaticket - Week 6 Feb 12th
    Jun: Stumptonian - Week 7 Feb 19th (On 19 February, after Albatros introduced a reinforced lower wing, the Kogenluft rescinded the grounding order).
    Jul: Hu Rhu - Week 8 Feb 27th
    Aug: Off
    Sep: Mikeemagnus - Week 9 Mar 5th
    Oct: Malachi - Week 10 Mar 12th
    Nov: Teaticket- Week 11 Mar 19th
    Dec: Flash - Week 12 Mar 27th
    Last edited by flash; 12-15-2023 at 05:56.

"He is wise who watches"

Looking for takers to do week 2 & 3..
    For those than sent two dates I've applied the first to let other chaps get a bid in before I circle back over this.

"He is wise who watches"

A resource that may be of use is the set of random aircraft tables on the Wings of Linen wiki for winter 1917: https://linen.miraheze.org/wiki/Cate...m_Plane_Tables. The German tables are from their Frontbestand data; British and French from unit histories.

I wish I had good Italian and A-H usage data, but that is hard to come by.

Thanks Daryl

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    A resource that may be of use is the set of random aircraft tables on the Wings of Linen wiki for winter 1917: https://linen.miraheze.org/wiki/Cate...m_Plane_Tables. The German tables are from their Frontbestand data; British and French from unit histories.

I wish I had good Italian and A-H usage data, but that is hard to come by.
    That's really useful information Daryl, thanks for the link.

Dave (Flash) is that link something you could add into the sticky for the future. What do you think?

Cheers

If you have room for another Bulldog, I'll take on the September 2023 (Week 9 March the 5th) Scenario. Should give me time to think something up. What do you say?

I'm sure we can squeeze you back into a billet somewhere, Mike, you might have to bunk with Peter though !

"He is wise who watches"

might have to bunk with Peter though
    Steady on there Uncle. I know there's a war on, but there are limits to what a chap will do for his country No disrespect intended, Peter, as I'm sure you'll understand!

Just over a week to go before take off, look forward to seeing what devilment Paul has in mind for us

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Just over a week to go before take off, look forward to seeing what devilment Paul has in mind for us
    All I have to say is said here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JSroiDGJ3E

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    All I have to say is said here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JSroiDGJ3E
    Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    If you have room for another Bulldog, I'll take on the September 2023 (Week 9 March the 5th) Scenario. Should give me time to think something up. What do you say?
    That's excellent news, really pleased to see you back in the saddle pardner.

The Shadow Knows, well done Paul I think I'm too young to remember that.

Dave thanks for adding the link, at least I'll be able to find it in the future.

Good luck to all my fellow flyers in the upcoming campaign, well at least those on my side of the lines. Not that I wish the ones on the wrong side of the lines bad luck....

Cheers

Welcome back, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    The Shadow Knows, well done Paul I think I'm too young to remember that.
    Too young? I'm sure.

Fine tuning the scenario tomorrow morning.

I'm sure we can squeeze you back into a billet somewhere, Mike, you might have to bunk with Peter though !
    Steady on there Uncle. I know there's a war on, but there are limits to what a chap will do for his country No disrespect intended, Peter, as I'm sure you'll understand!
    Hey! I go away for a few days and what??? I think I'll be sleeping on the floor.

Welcome back Mike!

Good to have you back, Mike!

The wanderer returns. Bienvenue Mike , guilty of a 6 month drop out myself due to Mary and her Gilian Barre syndrome episode but se will be out of hospital in Nov so its chocks away again for the Free French pilots

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Thanks guys - it really is good to be back. Needed the break to recharge and see to family matters, but looking forward to this next campaign and to fighting alongside all of you again

Just seen mission one. Looks a blast Nice one Paul and love the You tube clip

Merry Christmas to all our OTT pilots, past and present, Uncle wishes a good day to all

"He is wise who watches"

Merry Christmas to all our OTT pilots, past and present, Uncle wishes a good day to all
    Happy Christmas to all, past and present, as well.

...and, thank you, Uncle!!!!

Merry Christmas to all! May the New Year bring you countless victories.

Merry Christmas to you all and Dave thanks for all your hard work keeping us in line.
    Cheers

And a Merry Christmas to you all for yesterday hic Late as always

Mission 3 posted.
    Site was giving me grief and went totally unresponsive for 10+ minutes after I clicked on Submit Thread.

Luckily, Refresh showed it had loaded okay.

A couple of doubled photos that I cleaned up.

Hopefully it's clear as mud. No Man's Land mud.

Thanks Pete, Ill get reading right away.

A happy New Year to all.

For those of you interested I have posted an update to my D8 E,I charts - now v.3 - in the thread here:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...D8-Solo-Charts

"He is wise who watches"

For those of you interested I have posted an update to my D8 E,I charts - now v.3 - in the thread here:
    Thanks very much. I'll make sure I have them for the next outing.

Cheers Uncle, much appreciated.

Sorry if I haven't read any of the Mission 3 AARs yet but I won't until I've finished writing my own. In the meantime, I have played it and completed the Butcher's Tally, so hopefully the AAR will follow soon. Meantime, can't resist the temptation to show you what I've been working on towards it. Here's a taster of the eye candy showing the Eagles that participated - starting their patrol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Albatros DIIIs in sky.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	322321

Dave I don't know if I gave you REP for your charts when I printed them but I hope I did. Just in case I was going to give you some now for this latest update but of course I can't until I share some around. It's the thought that counts and I think these deserve a bag full of REP. I would also give REP to Richard Bradley but I don't think he's very active here.
    Cheers

Sorry if I haven't read any of the Mission 3 AARs yet but I won't until I've finished writing my own. In the meantime, I have played it and completed the Butcher's Tally, so hopefully the AAR will follow soon. Meantime, can't resist the temptation to show you what I've been working on towards it. Here's a taster of the eye candy showing the Eagles that participated - starting their patrol.

Stunning

Top notch, Mike.

Dave I don't know if I gave you REP for your charts when I printed them but I hope I did. Just in case I was going to give you some now for this latest update but of course I can't until I share some around. It's the thought that counts and I think these deserve a bag full of REP. I would also give REP to Richard Bradley but I don't think he's very active here.
    Cheers
    The rep system seems so inadequate for what Dave does. THANK YOU, DAVE!

THANK YOU, DAVE!
    I'll drink to that too

... I would also give REP to Richard Bradley but I don't think he's very active here..
    Thanks, John, Richard is still active on here so he'll see any REP you pass along to him.

"He is wise who watches"

... I have played it and completed the Butcher's Tally, so hopefully the AAR will follow soon..
    Great image, Mike, and I look forward to seeing how your chaps managed in this mission

"He is wise who watches"

Looking forward to seeing what devilment Baz comes up with for us - just hope it doesn't involve too many tandems (unless they're German) as I'll need three new crews !

"He is wise who watches"

Looking forward to seeing what devilment Baz comes up with for us - just hope it doesn't involve too many tandems (unless they're German) as I'll need three new crews !
    Which reminds me that I need to recruit a couple of observers....

I will be finishing my Mission 3 this morning.
    It looks like I may be in need of new recruits as well ....

to the Dice Gods

Onkel awaits the bad news...

"He is wise who watches"

We have a month off in March - hopefully that will allow those that need to to catch up with the flight !
    Then we're back with Chris in the chair, hope he's still up for it !

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks, Onkel! I'll be catching up

Definitely good timing for me! The Honey Do list of house rennovations prep has been very time consuming. Just when I think she has settleso n something it all goes pear shaped and we start all over again. In 5 minutes we're off again to look at tiles!

Hope to hit mission 3 very soon and then mission 4 when I get back from Cold Wars.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 02-26-2023 at 11:34.

Well done chaps, just sent Chris a PM before I saw his post above !

If I seem a little distracted of late it's because I've recently found out that at some time in the near future I'll need to be lined up for some neck surgery - too many hard landings it seems !
    Uncle will do his best until such time as the M.O. summons me and then a decision may have to be made to have a sub until I'm fit for duty again if it doesn't fall in a break. Don't imagine it will be any time soon.

"He is wise who watches"

Hope it isn't serious!

If there is anytnhing I can do to help while you are convalescing, I'm here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. OTT Edgy Young men (EYM) Campaign Rules.
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2022, 04:42
  2. Mess of the OTT Bold Young Men Campaign 1916
    Replies: 305
    Last Post: 10-05-2022, 04:07
  3. Mess of The Cocky Young Men !
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 05-08-2021, 01:40
  4. Mess of The Daring Young Men !