Ares Games

Thread: Trying to create a 2v2 bombing scenario with Staakens

Question Trying to create a 2v2 bombing scenario with Staakens

I'm trying to come up with a 2v2 scenario to play with some friends involving the mighty Zeppelin Staaken. The trouble is how to get it balanced. My current thinking is:

Central Powers: 2x Zeppelin Staaken

Entente: 2x scouts (or Bristol Fighters?) + Some (4?) AA guns and a balloon barrage. A number of targets to be bombed. Entente have free placement of the AA and barrage, but not too close to the targets.

I'm wondering if it will be too hard for the Entente, should I allow a respawn of the scouts?

If you are working on 2v2 because you have four players, what about 1v3 - 1 Staaken and 3 suitable Entente planes? One Staaken is hard enough in our experience. I think two would be well nigh impossible.

It depends on how the AA is played, Dom, we've found that you need 3 scouts per Staaken to stand a chance usually so give the Entente chaps two birds each along with the guns - not sure what the balloon can do ? Use the given 'half boom' & fire rules for the Staaken, I'd recommend. If they have a Brisfit each then at least they get to shoot coming & going, if you use the extended rear arc for them that would help greatly too.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Thanks guys! The idea is that the balloon barrage allows the defenders to create a choke point to funnel the bombers towards the AA and/or force them to make an indirect approach to the targets.

Staakens do not die easily and AA fire is indiscriminate. Looking forward to seeing how you do with this.

Similar Missions

1. AAR: Scenario 1 - Bombing Midway
    By Blackronin in forum Midway Rising
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-18-2022, 07:07
  2. Dive-Bombing Scenario Feedback
    By RobotSpark in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2019, 04:05
  3. BRF Scenario 8: Bombing Midway
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 1