Ares Games

Thread: question fw190A / p51

Default question fw190A / p51

Hello All

Just a quickie. Did Ares ever get round to issuing a FW190 A? And I take it the P51 Mustangs are rarer than rocking horse poo?

NO and YES
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Only the FW-190D. And I don't recall any plans for the FW-190A, as of yet. Some Pacific Theatre planes, but progress is slow.

Others might know better.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Hopefully they will reprint the P51. No sign of an FW190A though.

If you need 190As, the Blood Red Skies models are passable, though detail is a bit lacking, and it's unclear which variant they are intended to represent. ROC works do some reasonable P51s (A,B and C), though the wing leading edge has the kink of the D model which is a little disappointing. Not sure what the quality of the Blood Red Skies P51Ds is like.

Armaments in Miniature has 4 variants of the Fw-190A/F/G, as well as the Dora.
    He also has the P-51 B/C and D models as well as the A-36 divebomber variant.
    I have not bought any of these (yet), but the planes I have bought from him are of excellent quality.

https://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armame.../resin09mm.htm

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks for the info everyone.

is there some reason this thread has not been promptly mover to WW2? Seems both planes in the initial post were both WW2.

Simply that no one informed me it needed moving until you spotted it Thomas.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Apologies, my bad

Just looking up different aircraft types, and came across something I probably should have known.

The North American Mustang Mk I was developed for the RAF and built to British requirements. They started flying combat missions in January '42.

The Focke-Wulf FW-190A entered operational service in August 1941, and initially was flying against the Supermarine Spitfire Mk V.

For the start of the "Defense of Britain '41-44" phase of WWII (battles over the English Channel and Northern France, Netherlands, etc... following the Battle of Britian), we need the Spitfire Mk V, the Mustang Mk I (P-51As, possibly Bs or Cs), and the FW190A.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Apologies, my bad
    No apologies needed Iain. It can easily happen to any of us in the flow of general reading and posting of threads and replying to comments. I have done it myself on more than one occasion.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Question on REP
    By Setarius in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 10:14
  2. WGSF FW 190D's de-evolving to FW190A's ?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 23:19
  3. FW190A
    By Lino22 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 15:26
  4. FW190A
    By Lino22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 23:49
  5. Peg Question