Ares Games

Thread: What Would It Take To Make You Play Online?

Default What Would It Take To Make You Play Online?

Besides having more people online to play with?

And/or, what do you think would attract more players to the online game?

I think that the game simply showing what players are in the Lobby would make a huge difference.

In the app's current state, one must spend significantly more time waiting for a game, in the Lobby, than they do actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Killer Moth; 09-10-2022 at 12:52.

That's been my 'pet peeve' since I first tried the game.
    I did suggest it in Feedback - maybe we need more players to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    That's been my 'pet peeve' since I first tried the game.
    I did suggest it in Feedback - maybe we need more players to do that.
    I did it!

Pilots announcing they're online in the chat would help even now. I've put a game up in the past for another player & suddenly had two others join us who we did not even realise were there because they hadn't announced their presence.
    They also need to reverse the update that when you create a game you can no longer see the global chat, only the game chat. Not helpful.

"He is wise who watches"

Flash, that's also something that I communicated to the developer.

Yes, all excellent points that I've submitted in Feedback probably 50 times and never got a reply. I'm sure there are times where more than one player has a game created and sitting there like ships passing in the night.

A balloon scenario would be an attraction.
    Last edited by malachi; 09-11-2022 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Yes, all excellent points that I've submitted in Feedback probably 50 times and never got a reply. I'm sure there are times where more than one player has a game created and sitting there like ships passing in the night.
    I actually got a reply from Dire Wolf after I reported the game froze on me and John the other night.
    Sent them some more info but I doubt anything will come of it.

I have seen three games open with 1 person in each before!

It also would help if you could still seethe available games screen while waiting for players to join your game. Also a counter in the corner showing how many players are online

I'm ready for new aircrafts, too. Although, I'm not at liberty to complain about being tired of the game; the leaderboard demonstrates that I play more than I should.
    Last edited by Killer Moth; 09-23-2022 at 19:55. Reason: typing error

If you play solo then you never hit the leader board and no one will know.

I need to find a way to reverse the points that I've earned, so that my leaderboard position won't reduce the gravity of my opinions. I wonder if playing games online, with my phone upside down, would cause me to score negative points, instead...?

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
    I need to find a way to reverse the points that I've earned, so that my leaderboard position won't reduce the gravity of my opinions. I wonder if playing games online, with my phone upside down, would cause me to score negative points, instead...?
    I would not worry about that. No one pays any attention to your opinions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I would not worry about that. No one pays any attention to your opinions anyway.
    Harsh

If they could sort the collisions out that would help - ditch the RAW - I don't know anyone who plays that rule on the table. I've logged a whole 3 minutes of game time in the last two weeks, will that reduce, or, reinforce the gravity of my opinion having previously done 25 hours in the first fortnight ?

"He is wise who watches"

Chris (Hedeby) you have a game showing for the last day or two in the online lobby.
    I think this happens if you close down the app instead of clicking the Leave link.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  37.6 KB

Both of the above games are in the same status.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Oh? Is that so?

Well, if you play a game of Online WGF with me, then I'll have plenty of opinions for you to pay attention to—7.92 mm opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
    Oh? Is that so?

Well, if you play a game of Online WGF with me, then I'll have plenty of opinions for you to pay attention to—7.92 mm opinions.

Ouch!!!

Similar Missions

1. Online WoG App
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-26-2022, 01:13
  2. Is there an online platform to play WoG?
    By DiegoRH in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2020, 12:48
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 23:50
  4. Solo: Lets knock out a system to actually make solo play possible.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 16:22
  5. to make or not to make decals
    By johnandtricia in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 21:39