Ares Games

Thread: Anyone ordered from giochinscatola.it?

Default Anyone ordered from giochinscatola.it?

Has anyone used the website giochinscatola.it before? I placed an order over a month ago and the money has left my account. I got an email confirming payment but nothing since, and no response to my message asking for an update...

I have ordered two times, worked perfectly.
    May have to do with summer holidays (?)

I can't access the site from Work, owing to it being a "Games" listing.

I'll try later when I'm at home.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It looks fine to me (no warnings or "unsafe" messages).

They do seem to display a possibly-unrealistically huge range of items!

Well, I did read some reviews before I ordered, it all seemed legit. I'll post here if I get the delivery or a message...

Many companies in Italy close for 2-3 weeks in August. I recall having read a message on their website that orders placed during a period in August would be processed later. Don't remember the exact dates, though. If you ordered a month ago, you surely hit the 'holiday lockdown'.
    The WoW models I ordered were delivered (to Switzerland) within 4 weeks during covid shutdown and within 2 weeks in a later order.

Update: I received this email from them. Note the hilarious typo in the first word!

Dead Customer,

Unfortunately at the moment the orders have a delay of working due to the change of management and the change of logistics, we are trying to solve the situation as soon as possible.

Unfortunately for some orders the waiting time could last for weeks, we are sorry about the disservice and we understand that the wait may be higher than your expectations, so, in case you prefer not to wait, we are available for an immediate refund of orders received and not yet processed.

Update: I am still waiting for my order. When I chased them this week they said they are waiting for it to be shipped to them from somewhere else. Again they gave me the option of a refund. I wouldn't recommend using them if you are in a hurry!

Update: still waiting for my order. Giochi in Scatola has now rebranded as Giochi dei Grandi (igiochideigrandi.it. They explained to me that they lost a lot of staff and moved from one city to another. They keep offering me a refund but have not said they cannot fulfill the order. Out of principle (and curiousity to see how long this will actually take) I keep telling them that I want the original order fulfilled!

Sounds very much like "Wayland Games" - they scan multiple other sites for product, then list that product themselves!
    When you purchase, they place the order with the product holder, only to find that it has sold out.

They then string you along, citing "postal problems" or "staffing problems" etc, while they scrabble around trying to find duplicate items; when they can't find any, they offer refunds.

I'll never try to buy from "Wayland Games" again.

I've ordered from them 4 times. It's just as Flying Helmut says... they attempt to source your order from other vendors. Much like a broker. Twice they were successful and twice I waited about 90 days and canceled my order. There was no problem canceling and receiving refund. As you've seen, they send periodic inquiries asking if you want to cancel.

So they are legit, but as I became more skilled in finding my own sources, I stopped using Giochinscatola.

That's frustrating. In that case doee anyone want to sell me or giochinscatola the Immelmann and Dogfight booster packs?

Update: I asked them for a refund about a month ago. Chased up by email several times, still waiting...

So, nearly 11 months after my initial order, I finally obtained a voucher from I Giochi dei Grande, the successor to Giohci in Scatola. In the end I had to post compaining messages on their facebook page, which finally prompted a response! Hopefully the voucher works...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonfrog View Post
    That's frustrating. In that case does anyone want to sell me or giochinscatola the Immelmann and Dogfight booster packs?
    Hi Dom
    I have both of your 'Immelmann' and 'Dogfight' boosters here beside my computer, ready for dispatch.
    I aim to get them in the post to you tomorrow (Saturday am).
    Cheers
    Tim

Ooh, that's very kind of you. Would you mind holding fire for now? I'll see if this voucher works, although I don't hold out much hope...

Tim - how many elves do you have working on restocking your private WOG collections? You have M-decks for Darryl and booster packs for Dom. I'm amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonfrog View Post
    Ooh, that's very kind of you. Would you mind holding fire for now? I'll see if this voucher works, although I don't hold out much hope...
    Certainly - I'm happy with however you want to play it.
    I've set them aside for you, but I have plenty of others in case new requests roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Tim - how many elves do you have working on restocking your private WOG collections? You have M-decks for Darryl and booster packs for Dom. I'm amazed
    No elves - I use Goblins!
    Not as much trouble as Orcs, and I can pay them in left-over alcohol (but not Brandy - that's all mine!).

Finally after a very long time I am now in possession of my booster packs, which I ordered in the summer of 2022! The price was much less than eBay, but the delivery time was rather longer than I expected!!!

Congratulations Dom on finally receiving your booster packs. I guess like they say "all good things come to those who wait"!

Nice that you finally got them after all this time. Better late than never!

Congratulations, Dom!

I didn't think they'd ever get themselves sorted out, but I'm glad to see they finally did.

Similar Missions

1. Other Wings of War WW2 and WWI on GiochinScatola
    By jjmarin in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2021, 12:57
  2. Just ordered this Beast
    By Sgt. in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-01-2020, 12:42
  3. Just ordered....
    By Lord_Ninja in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 19