Ares Games

Thread: HM QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Default HM QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Very worrying news from Buckingham Palace late this morning. It would appear that the Queen’s health has dramatically declined in the past 24-36 hrs.

All of the Royal Family are now at Balmoral, the news has taken over most of the main TV channels, news readers are wearing black, so its looking pretty grim.

I am sure all our thoughts are with the Queen and her family at this difficult (and potentially momentous) time...
    Last edited by flash; 09-19-2022 at 08:49. Reason: Title

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Yeah, it's not looking good is it.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

My daughter is quite high up in a charity that has the Queen as it’s patron... she has literally just received an Operation London Bridge email.

18:31 the palace has just announced that the Queen has died

That's it in that case

Long Live the King.

Condolences. There ain't a lot of members of ANY European noble house I have a lot polite to say about, but Elizabeth II was one of the few good ones.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Rest in Peace Ma'am.

The queen’s first prime minister (Winston Churchill) was born in 1874, her last, (Liz Truss) was born in 1975. That spans almost all of modern history.

Incidentally she was Queen for 30% of the entire history of the United States.... how crazy does that sound?

Today has just gone into the history books...

Incalculable loss.

The World is diminished.

Rest In Peace Ma'am
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

May you have the rest you've earned, and again be with your beloved.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Such a sad time. I was only six years old when Her Majesty ascended the throne.
    After so many years of service to the nation, may she now Rest in Peace.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you for your service. Rest in peace your Majesty.

A woman of dignity and a queen unmatched, rest in peace

A sad day indeed. May you rest in peace, Your Majesty
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

She was an amazing woman who did a lot for us behind the scenes. A great Queen indeed.

She had an incredible life. Total dedication to the role she inherited. The world was blessed with a most unique person for over 70 years. So sad to see her go.

The Queen is Dead, Long Live the King.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    She had an incredible life. Total dedication to the role she inherited. The world was blessed with a most unique person for over 70 years. So sad to see her go.

The Queen is Dead, Long Live the King.
    So close to what I wanted to say, Peter, that I will just repeat your message. Thank you.

My condolences to all our UK members!

I don't know much about the British aristocracy except for when my wife watches Bridgerton, but i truly believe she did an excellent job at being the Queen. And she seemed to be a very lovely person as well. Have safe last flight Your Royal Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Such a sad time. I was only six years old when Her Majesty ascended the throne.
    After so many years of service to the nation, may she now Rest in Peace.

Rob.
    I was nine and remember the King very well and almost my first view of television was the Queen Elizabeth 11,s coronation. She will be sorely missed.

Condolences to all UK, Canadian and Australien members.
    May you Rest in Peace Madam
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Name:  5e3c3813df2f66054c1a49c8.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  95.2 KB

Trainee Teenage Ambulance Mechanic/Driver under ballistic missile bombardment. A4 rather than Iskander.

The only Queen (monarch) I have known. My mother has lived through four monarchs (admittedly one was only for 6 days).

Condolences to all who grieve. The Queen will be missed. My world has changed, as has the world of many.

May King Charles bring the Commonwealth forward to a better place.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Nice words Mike. Thank you

my sincerest condolences to our commonwealth cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    ..Trainee Teenage Ambulance Mechanic/Driver under ballistic missile bombardment. A4 rather than Iskander.
    Heard a funny anecdote about HM's training - the King & Queen went along to see them pass out & they were given a demonstration of the drivers fixing faults with the ambulances. There was some embarrassment as the princesses machine refused to start in spite of her fixing the given issue - it transpired the king had removed the HT lead as a prank on his daughter. Dad's - the same all over !

Obviously been watching the funeral of Her Majesty most of today, the members of all the armed forces involved in the ceremonies did us all proud, ably supported by the police and emergency services on duty in the capitol. Well done all !

The King was impressed that his daughter managed to identify and fix the 'fault' that he had created.

Similar Missions

1. WW II Cryptographer Elizabeth Friedman
    By NewFlyBoy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 14:17
  2. How the RAF saves The Queen
    By tikkifriend in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2019, 22:40
  3. Lightning II's land and take off from H.M.S. Queen Elizabeth
    By Naharaht in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 8