Thread: DONCASTER 2022 PROGRAM & GAMES SELECTION

Ok will do

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Users Country Flag

Name
    Arjan
    Sorties Flown

Chris, could you please add me and Lex (Aardvark) to Zombicide on friday. Thanx a lot!

Sorted

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Updated, badges all done, off to the engravers today via the air museum (just checking any changes etc.)

Still plenty of room for first game on WW2 table and for non zombicide things on the Friday afternoon, so lets make sure we share the love around.

Hi Chris.
    You can call my second game for Sails " Around the ragged rocks". It is a tribute to your skills as a seaman!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sorted, will update.
    Quick question, can anyone remember who got the wooden spoon in 2021? Horrible feeling it may have been me? Happy to be proved wrong

If memory serves, it was Ruth. If it wasn't, then apologies.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Spot on, you are correct Steve, thank you.... another trip to the engravers tomorrow then, lol

I will tell you my story about the engravers when we meet at Donny Chris.
    Rob.

Turns put the engraver might just be the answer to the Polo Shirt conundrum as well (although will try to arrange something in house first, failing that this chap does Fruit of the Loom Polo Shirts (same as our current ones) in a veritable rainbow of colour options (Khaki, Desert Yellow, Grey etc. as well as the traditional light blue) very rough guestimate of around the £20 mark... but as stated I want to see if we can source internally first). So watch this space and I will put the wheels in motion once Doncaster is out of the way.

thanks Rob, see you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Turns put the engraver might just be the answer to the Polo Shirt conundrum as well (although will try to arrange something in house first, failing that this chap does Fruit of the Loom Polo Shirts (same as our current ones) in a veritable rainbow of colour options (Khaki, Desert Yellow, Grey etc. as well as the traditional light blue) very rough guestimate of around the £20 mark... but as stated I want to see if we can source internally first). So watch this space and I will put the wheels in motion once Doncaster is out of the way.
    Definately a couple for me when the time comes.

TEN DAYS TO GO FOLKS.... still making Ace Cards (realised I needed 80 of the damn things, still half done)
    Checked in with the venue, all good there. Hopefully cost won’t be too different to last year (If I grovel sufficiently to Tracey, lol)

Hi Chris,
    Zombiecide for Friday, are you supplying or do I need to bring ?

Your second edition makes my original look like crap... I am still feeling the shame from last year.
    So let’s go with yours, I shall bring some other stuff.

I have bad news on Captain Kiwi.
    Because of several family illnesses he has had to withdraw from this years Doncaster.

Rob.

Dodged a bullet, the Air Traffic Control guys in France were going to strike this week, but they agreed a deal so its chocks away for a Thursday flight to Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Dodged a bullet, the Air Traffic Control guys in France were going to strike this week, but they agreed a deal so its chocks away for a Thursday flight to Birmingham.
    Bugger, I obviously didn't bribe them enough

Seriously, it will be good to see you again Paul.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Chris,
    If nobody opts for a game on table one could you move Zombiside to it. That would give me more time to set up Dubrovnik for the following morning.
    Rob.

We have the same room set up as previously so we have the traditional Sails room then the noisy aeroplane room. So you have all afternoon to set up for Dubrovnik. We will play anything else in the main room.

Thanks Chris.
    That will make things a lot easier for me.
    Rob.

We aim to please sir.

I'd much rather you aim to miss me.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Bugger, I obviously didn't bribe them enough

Seriously, it will be good to see you again Paul.
    Love you too Steve

Chris do you need goodies for the prize table ? Let me know before Weds if you do.
    Paul

All goodies greatly appreciated, we are a bit light this year.
    Working on something for next year though.

I'll bring some goodies ... , no ... not just cummin cheese and luftwafflen / stroopstaffeln
    cheers ,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Good day everybody.
    There are a good new and a bad new (at least for me).
    As I already told to somebody of you, the good one is that I will be awarded a prize for spreading game culture, in a little castle in the North of Italy. Quite a honour. Previous receivers include people like Umberto Eco and Alex Randolph. Years passed, they are out of so meaningful people, and maybe they are scraping the barrel since this year they chose me.
    The bad one is that it will be in the same weekend as Doncaster 2022. I was looking forward to a weekend of playing, chatting, drinking with friends among old planes, but it will not be this one.
    Sorry if I will miss the gathering again, this year. I'll do my best to attend the 2023 edition.

Congratulations Andrea.
    You are too modest! Could it be that you are now amongst the heady heights reached by those giants of yore?
    Now you are in the Premier League in spreading the message. Do savour the day in your little castle, and think of us toiling over hot gaming tables, all because of your genius and inspiration.

The drinks will be on you next year!

All best wishes.

Rob.

Hey Andrea,
    I'll second Kyte's words gladly, very well done
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    All goodies greatly appreciated, we are a bit light this year.
    I've got copies of Munson's Fighters 1914-19 and Bombers 1914-19 I can donate to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    There are a good new and a bad new...
    Many congratulations on the award!

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Hey Andrea,
    I'll second Kyte's words gladly, very well done
    cheers,
    Guus
    I'll third that Andrea.

Land 18.00 at Birmingham so should be in Doncaster by 21.00 on Thrsday. Anyone in the bar round about then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2022
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 01-13-2023, 09:25
  2. Doncaster 2022 badge
    By Boney10 in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-23-2022, 13:01