Ares Games

Thread: OFF Base.

Default OFF Base.

Just a quick message to let you chaps know that I will be off base from tomorrow morning until late Sunday. Any outstanding matters will be dealt with ASAP.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks for the heads-up, Air Vice Marshall, Sir.

Hope it's an enjoyable stint away from the 'Drome.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Was a bit bitter sweet Tim as it will be our last Major muster with the SK. We have decided that we are getting a bit too old for it all now, so will just be keeping in touch with the Regiment as visitors to the odd event from the end of this year. We got a very nice send off at the Saturday night revels though.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Was a bit bitter sweet Tim as it will be our last Major muster with the SK. We have decided that we are getting a bit too old for it all now, so will just be keeping in touch with the Regiment as visitors to the odd event from the end of this year. We got a very nice send off at the Saturday night revels though.
    Rob.
    Very sorry to hear that, Rob, as much as it's quite understandable.
    I miss my reenactment groups also; mostly work, though my feet wont let me field in tacticals or melees anymore.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

A lot of this had to do with my leg as well Karl, although I have not been Battle Field worthy since my eyesight deteriorated so much. I may well have actually pinked someone in a hand to hand, now my depth perception is so poor.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Base discrepancies
    By matt56 in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-26-2019, 09:36
  2. ww2 base cards
    By Vawarner in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 01:31
  3. Measuring Range: base-to-base or stand-to-base?
    By ColoradoCoppens in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 23:51
  4. FE2B Base
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 10:48
  5. Gotha Base with AEG
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 06:20