Ares Games

Thread: Chicago Suburbs

Default Chicago Suburbs

I got the game on Steam, and then proceeded to buy the Rules & Accessories, both Duel packs, and a couple single plane packs. I'm weak.

In the Elgin area. Have yet to play anything tabletop yet.

Welcome Erik, from Akron, Ohio.
    The in-person game is great also. Glad you found us here.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I would also like to welcome Eric from the UK pilots over the pond here in Dear Old Blighty.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Eric, I'm in Aurora. There are a few players in the area. Some of us are getting together this Sat. Also, there is game convention in Rockford the first weekend in Nov. Let me know if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Hi Eric, I'm in Aurora. There are a few players in the area. Some of us are getting together this Sat. Also, there is game convention in Rockford the first weekend in Nov. Let me know if you're interested.
    I might be able to make Saturday. Though I won't know until Friday

Welcome to the 'Drome, Erik!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Erik,
    OK. Let me know if you can make it and I'll PM my address and phone #.

Oh, hey, missed a new comer. I'd say your range of purchases is a good one. If you're looking to expand your collection, be very careful about eBay, sometimes you can get some real good deals, but often the asking price there is ridiculous. Better as a general rule to check the sale/wanted/trade thread. Also be sure to check out the files section, for scads of add-ons, "unofficial" aircraft, house rules, scenarios, etc. And if you haven't yet, post your UN for the steam game here: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ghlight=handle , there's a bunch of us from the 'drome.
    And lastly, (welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here on the east coast.

Default Rockford game

Hi sorry to butt in but I am in Downers Grove, just down the street from Aurora. Would love to connect and play sometime. Also, could you give me the details about the convention in Rockford? I would love to attend. Thanks so much!

Hi Kevin and welcome from the other side of the pond, here in Dear Old Blighty.
    I'm sure your fellow pilots will be along soon to say hi.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKuster View Post
    Hi sorry to butt in but I am in Downers Grove, just down the street from Aurora. Would love to connect and play sometime. Also, could you give me the details about the convention in Rockford? I would love to attend. Thanks so much!
    I expect that'll be the 'Rock On gaming convention', Kevin. The local chaps attend & post reports on it.
    https://www.rock-con.com/
    Welcome to the 'drome by the way, from sunny Dorset in the UK

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Erik,
    OK. Let me know if you can make it and I'll PM my address and phone #.
    I am available Saturday.

Hi Eric, I sent you a PM.

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes Erik maybe well see you at origins game fair?

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes Erik maybe well see you at origins game fair?
    Been 20 years or so since I've been to Origins... I usually only go to one con a year in Nebraska.

Hello and welcome Erik and Kevin from the Illinois Aerodrome!!! It's been a while since I've been here on the site, and hope to meet you at Rock-Con!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icehawke View Post
    I got the game on Steam, and then proceeded to buy the Rules & Accessories, both Duel packs, and a couple single plane packs. I'm weak.

In the Elgin area. Have yet to play anything tabletop yet.
    Hi Erik,

I'm just up the road from you in East Dundee.
    I would put on a game sometime at my place if I get enough interest from folks, 4 or more people. Probably won't be able to do this until November sometime though.
    Michael puts on some good games down in Aurora and he's running some sorties up in Rockford the first weekend of November at Rock Con. Welcome, and hopefully I'll see you at Rock Con?

-Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Hi Erik,

I'm just up the road from you in East Dundee.
    I would put on a game sometime at my place if I get enough interest from folks, 4 or more people. Probably won't be able to do this until November sometime though.
    Michael puts on some good games down in Aurora and he's running some sorties up in Rockford the first weekend of November at Rock Con. Welcome, and hopefully I'll see you at Rock Con?

-Raider
    Hello Chris, if you want to host a game, just put it up as an Illinois Scramble!!! You will be surprised who will show up!!!

Belated welcome from Maryland Erik!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    Hello Chris, if you want to host a game, just put it up as an Illinois Scramble!!! You will be surprised who will show up!!!

Will do Tim. Gonna have to wait until after new years....December is too busy...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Will do Tim. Gonna have to wait until after new years....December is too busy...
    Yes, holidays are always so busy!!! Looking forward to something soon!!!

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I'll be moving to Nebraska. Anyone out there?

Would anyone on this thread be willing to meet up at Games Plus in Mount Prospect for a day of WOG 1? I would be willing to book a table and coordinate if I had takers. Leave me a message.

Kevin

This needs to be retitled to "Omaha Nebraska" now.

Similar Missions

1. Canberra Northern Suburbs Gaming defunct?
    By Muerto in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2018, 07:50
  2. Illinois: Greetings from Chicago Heights, IL
    By westman67 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 16:23
  3. Illinois: New guy from Chicago, Il
    By Artoftatt2 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 05:21