Ares Games

Thread: Steampunk Airship Board Game

Question Steampunk Airship Board Game

Many of you are attending GenCon right now and most of you are experienced players. Any impressions of...

...boardgame?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95cc6edc3237ea73f3a29a8acdde5fd3_original.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	317925

Hi Daniel. Boardgamegeek.com has a forum for it and rules in the files section. Seems to have been around for a while too.

It's been around since 2012, but they have just re-launched it with a Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

I was given a set of ships from the original game as the donor knew I was into Imperial Skies, although they are a much larger scale. I've played the game (once) and the rules seem to work OK. Ships could do with a bit of paint slapped on them as they are much of a muchness.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I played when it came out. Had a good time with it, and was sad when the expansions were killed (by a number of things, including a criminal factory).
    Just found out about the relaunch today, and have backed it.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I was gifted it several years ago. It's been opened, but never played as I have no-one interested among my friends.
    It looks beautiful, but I agree with Guntruck that the ships need some paint before they'd come into their own.
    Offer open to anyone in Auckland, NZ, who wants a copy cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Many of you are attending GenCon right now and most of you are experienced players. Any impressions of...

...boardgame?

Name:	95cc6edc3237ea73f3a29a8acdde5fd3_original.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	317925
    Thanks for posting this Daniel. I wasn't sure if folks here would have any interest or not? The Kickstarter is fully funded and just crossed over the $300,000 threshold for additional stretch goals. The latest version brings five nations to the table and sets the timeline up to World War I. Britain, France, Germany, Russia and Italy. Further down the line Catalyst Game Labs will also introduce Austria-Hungary, the USA and Japan. WW1 planes will also be introduced if they hit a further stretch goal.

More Kickstarter information here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...%20great%20war

Being one who loves kit bashing and repaints I've already had some fun with dazzle painting a British ship from the original boxed set.

Name:	DazzleEngBBA.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	318077

Cheers!
    Last edited by flash; 08-10-2022 at 01:13. Reason: Linked pic to thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Thanks for posting this Daniel. I wasn't sure if folks here would have any interest or not? The Kickstarter is fully funded and just crossed over the $300,000 threshold for additional stretch goals. The latest version brings five nations to the table and sets the timeline up to World War I. Britain, France, Germany, Russia and Italy. Further down the line Catalyst Game Labs will also introduce Austria-Hungary, the USA and Japan. WW1 planes will also be introduced if they hit a further stretch goal.

More Kickstarter information here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...%20great%20war

Being one who loves kit bashing and repaints I've already had some fun with dazzle painting a British ship from the original boxed set.

Cheers!
    Looks a lot better with a coat of paint, Jim
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Looks a lot better with a coat of paint, Jim
    The pre painted ships really aren't that bad when seen in person, but they do paint up nicely.

Name:	BritishShipReview.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	318079

Thanks for the compliment btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    The pre painted ships really aren't that bad when seen in person, but they do paint up nicely.
    Pre-painted?
    Dang-it.
    The set I have are just the grey plastic they're made from.

Just read that MvR and Rene Fonck are getting unique cruisers for the game.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 22:46
  3. Do you paint your game board or not?
    By sirosis o liver in forum Polls
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 20:41
  4. eBay Wings of Glory Game Mat Coast Board Game, last one.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:22
  5. seen on board game geek
    By nunyadbidness in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 10:53