Ares Games

Thread: Did you buy a FW-190 (Wubke) off of eBay in June?

Default Did you buy a FW-190 (Wubke) off of eBay in June?

Back in June I picked up a FW-190 (plane, pegs, base & plane card only) model (7./JG 26) no pilot name. At the same time a similar setup was offered for the Wubke pilot model. I finally got my model out to game with a weekend ago and discovered I was sent the Wubke plane card instead of the (7./JG 26) plane card. It's not a big deal, but I thought on the off chance if the person who bought the Wubke plane was onboard here and wanted to swap cards , I'd be agreeable to it.

David

Good luk, brother. Maybe reach out to the eBay seller and ask them to reach out to their Wubke buyer?
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Darn. Things like that are annoying. Best of luck, and reaching out to the seller to communicate with the other buyer might be the best plan.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I've acquired numerous planes on ebay, and several times the decks have been incorrect (often missing a card, sometimes with two the same and another missing, once or twice bloated with extra cards!
    I can't understand why the seller doesn't check the contents first - it's not rocket science!

Several times, I have successfully corrected the decks through the agency of the original ebay seller.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I've acquired numerous planes on ebay, and several times the decks have been incorrect (often missing a card, sometimes with two the same and another missing, once or twice bloated with extra cards!
    I can't understand why the seller doesn't check the contents first - it's not rocket science!

Several times, I have successfully corrected the decks through the agency of the original ebay seller.
    So much this. On the rare occasion when I let something go, I do a full audit of every component before accepting the other guy's payment, then a second just before I seal the package.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    So much this. On the rare occasion when I let something go, I do a full audit of every component before accepting the other guy's payment, then a second just before I seal the package.

i had one seller that didnt bother to mention or show pics of, that id numbers had been written on the bottom wings with sharpies!!!!

Similar Missions

1. National: Help with eBay
    By Dan-Sam in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2020, 06:46
  2. eBay currently on ebay
    By Teaticket in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2019, 04:35
  3. HP O/400 ebay
    By Setarius in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2