Ares Games

Thread: Huge collection for sale at Partizan Newark

Users Country Flag

Name
    Darrren
    Sorties Flown

Default Huge collection for sale at Partizan Newark

Hi all, I'm new here but I met several friendly members of this forum at the Partizan show in Newark this year. I spoke to one chap and explained I had a rather large collection for sale (approx 150 planes inc mats, bombers balloons) all boxed, complete and perfect condition, some even in kickstarter boxes. I’m not going to list anything here but I will bring them to the other Partizan show later this year (Oct 9th) for a browse, chat and evaluation if anyone is interested. Although it won’t be cheap, I’m looking to sell as a job lot as I’m sure all the 'rares' would sell and I really don't want to be left with the £10 planes. I’m based in Nottinghamshire if anyone wishes to view them.

cheers,
    Darren
    Newark Irregulars helper
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 07-27-2022 at 11:53.

Oh THE MOTHERLOAD !!!!! thanks Darren

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I'll be happy to cast an eye over them at 'Partizan'.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Steady Tim, think of the bank balance , or is a look but dont buy

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Steady Tim, think of the bank balance , or is a look but dont buy
    It'll be a look, first................a leap may be on the cards, though.
    Every now and then "The Shop" needs a restock!

Maybe we all dive in get the lot then sell on to our discerning colleagues who can’t be in attendance but would love to get their hands on MIB originals etc.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Ok

I had a chance to view the collection, and it is every bit as big and lovely as the first post suggests!

The individual planes were all in their boxes; the boxes I viewed (not all of them by any means!) had been opened, but the minis were in pristine condition and the card decks were still sealed in factory shrink wrap.

There seemed to be all the 'Nexus' series releases, and most of the 'Ares' ones - individual plastic tubs held a dozen or so planes each.

Some cardboard boxes held layers of planes, so I couldn't see the bottom ones.

150 planes sounds about right, plus a brown balloon, a 4-plane "Deluxe" pack, 2 game mats (boxed) and "Famous Aces" + "Burning Drachens" + "Flight of the Giants", as well as two Kickstarter Giants (A Staaken and a Handley-Page) both still sealed in their cardboard shipping boxes.

I didn't see a yellow balloon, nor any Gothas/Capronis, but Darren thinks he may well have some.

The collection looks to have been carefully stored - the individual plane boxes were in tip top condition.

As for price, you'll have to ask Darren, but 150+ planes with all those extras should fetch a tidy sum - even at £10 per plane you'd be looking at £1500 plus more for the other bits (my maths let me down on the day ).

If you're interested, contact Darren above (Post #1)

Similar Missions

1. Partizan Newark 2016
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 11:07
  2. WGF Huge collection Wings of War / Wings of Glory : 106 planes
    By Ludobrabo in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 12:46
  3. Partizan Newark 2 June
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 01:09
  4. HUGE Wings of War Collection!!! Need to unload everything ASAP (Accepting offers)!!!
    By paintballguy in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 09:31