Thread: Real Online WoG

Users Country Flag

Name
    Billy
    Sorties Flown

Excellent!

Wonderful! Absolutely Wonderful!

Alright.
    I wonder if they'll have a good AI for solo play.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Definitely not as good AI as Tim's skill

Added to front page, this is big news !!! Andrea says the A.I is good either in solo play mode or in groups up to 8 (that's as many as he has play tested by the sounds of it)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

My phone is so excited!

Wishlisted on Steam! Woohoo!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Well, the game seems well done. Vedy faithful to the table, real game. Three fighters and one two-seater available at the moment for Germans and the same for Entente, each with three color schemes. Dogfight, tecon, bombing, ground attack scenarios available. Multyplayer or AI. July 21st is not so far away, you will soon see.

Added to my Steam wishlist. We need an Aerodrome "clan tag" so we can all find each other and set up private games... hopefully Dire Wolf provides something so we can record and post replays.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Looks good! I think I spotted some AA guns and trenches in the video.

Yessir. They are there from the very first release.

Looks like fun, to be in keeping will it be several years before the next planes are released ?

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Looks like fun, to be in keeping will it be several years before the next planes are released ?
    Ouch... that’s Harsh, Dave.

Which 2 seaters are included in the initial set up ? (Asking for a friend, lol)

Roland C.II and Airco D.H.4, each with 3 different color schemes.

Cool... any idea when we will get the Bristol?

No idea of their future plans. Maybe they will also depend on how successful the release is. Let's cross fingers.

That’s fair enough, looks like I need to purchase multiple copies, lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto di Meglio
    There are going to be expansions, but not endless micro transactions.
    Source: Wings of Glory Miniature Game FB Page

Can players submit custom skins for the planes? Hmmm?

Like for favourite pilots/squadrons?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

I don't, expect it. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    ...each with three color schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Thank god... just think we would all go bankrupt if there were micro transactions for every plane option. Tim, you can call back the mortgage advisor, they're not going to be needed. Mind you would sell off a kidney for a Bristol F2b though...

Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

I don't, expect it. Do you?

Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    ...each with three color schemes.
    I wouldn't think it would be instantly uploadable, but a process where community input could be available?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Cool... any idea when we will get the Bristol?
    Is that the standard version, or the up-gunned version Chris?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I wouldn't think it would be instantly uploadable, but a process where community input could be available?
    Definitely would be nice, but I guess Android Play and Apple Store require closed code. PC version could be different question.

Definitely would be nice, but I guess Android Play and Apple Store require closed code. PC version could be different question.
    Skins/pilot profiles could be uploaded by updates through the Play Stores. There could be a link to an API (online database), depending on how the app is coded, that would allow access to different planes/pilots. It all depends on how the app is created.

I had this dream of doing a solo app for Battlestar Galactica, that would preload all the ship types and pilots. The app would have allowed custom pilot/ship combinations, as part of the set-up, even allowing picking a pilot level (Aim Bonus) and selecting Talents for a custom pilot. Yeah, I made it too complicated, and beyond my level of ability. But it is doable. Could be something available in the Direwolf app, if they plan ahead for it.
    Mike

Interesting, Mike, I didn't know about this possibility. It would be nice, hope the games will have a success and DWD will support it as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Is that the standard version, or the up-gunned version Chris?
    Rob.
    Well that’s a tough call, lol no it isn’t!

I do not think so, plane movement seems to be prerendered. It is 2d game basicly.

Added to my wish list Thanks for posting.

Niiiiiice, added to Steam wishlist! It will not replace IRL game, but it will be a wonderful addition!

A digital version of WoG, and on Steam, and playable on Mac too? It's like Christmas in the summer! I added it to my wishlist immediately, so that I will get a notice when it is released. My gamer group just doesn't like WoG and I never get to play any more. But this is WONDERFUL news.

ONE WEEK TO GO FOLKS !!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Billy
    Sorties Flown

I know! I’m eagerly awaiting the same. Should be good for trying different match ups & possible encounters for when my WOG plans take to the skies with the miniatures. Happy Days!!!

Any hint about the price on Steam?

I just learned of this today. This is the happiest day of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by stefano.milani View Post
    Any hint about the price on Steam?
    Not a word yet. But I would buy it anyway. I remember "good old times" when we were playing online with missaak's java app on PC and it was great to play our beloved game with friends from far away (Nightbomber was my opponent, if I remember well).

One of the things that excites me is the fact that true competitive play is now possible. Accidentally bumping a plane a milimeter can decide the game, and it's easy to goof up and forget about the Special Effects affecting your plane.

What I would like is if, in the lobby, you could tick boxes that stipulated what kind of game you would like to play; i.e.: what planes are options, removing the Boom card, etc.—both players have to agree.

Also, hopefully, if digital product, such as planes, have a price, then we'll be able to redeem them via codes inside the airplane packs/physical product.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
    Also, hopefully, if digital product, such as planes, have a price, then we'll be able to redeem them via codes inside the airplane packs/physical product.
    Next time I exchange emails with RdM, I'll ask about/suggest cross-promotion ideas like that. Wizkids did the same thing with Sony Online for their Pirates CSG...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    A digital version of WoG, and on Steam, and playable on Mac too? It's like Christmas in the summer! I added it to my wishlist immediately, so that I will get a notice when it is released. My gamer group just doesn't like WoG and I never get to play any more. But this is WONDERFUL news.
    That is sad that your gamer group does not like WoG. Did you try them with the simplified one card at a time movement rules? Are there any other gamer groups you can look at in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Next time I exchange emails with RdM, I'll ask about/suggest cross-promotion ideas like that. Wizkids did the same thing with Sony Online for their Pirates CSG...
    Fantastic! They also did that with Heroclix.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
    This can be VERY interesting!

Here are the planes that we have:

Airco DH.4
    Albatros D.Va
    Fokker Dr. I
    Fokker D.VII
    Roland C.II
    Sopwith Camel
    Sopwith Snipe
    SPAD S.XIII

I get the impression that one can choose any Ace, for any plane, because Max Immelmann appears to be a choice. I fear that that is going to cause aneurysms for some of our historical accuracy sticklers!

But, Ace skills potentially allow any plane to be competitive!
    Last edited by Killer Moth; 07-16-2022 at 07:07.

Historical accuracy seems to be a bit flexible these days.

Well, this looks promising! July 21st can't get here soon enough. Do they say anywhere how many can play? I love the idea of AI for solo but multi player games would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Historical accuracy seems to be a bit flexible these days.
    Simple fix for that, mock and ridicule the powergamers who do things like "MvR in Fok. D.VII".

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. The real deal
    By matt56 in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2019, 04:13
  2. The real reason we don't have T & T yet.
    By rhodie80 in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-05-2019, 08:42
  3. Real ZERO
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2017, 14:00
  4. My Birthday Too (the real one )
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 04:54
  5. Real Log Book