Ares Games

Thread: Rock-Con

Default Rock-Con

Hello Everybody! Just looked at their web site and it looks like Rock-Con is back on. Nov. 4 - 6 in Rockford, IL. Planning on doing 2 WoG1 scenarios. Friday night and Saturday morning.
    Make your plans now.

Hi Michael
    I plan to make that.not sure that Patti will.hope things are well by you.

Good to hear from you, Scott. Sure would be nice to see both of you! I am thinking about doing a Rock con prep at my place in Aug. I'll keep everyone informed.

Earlier today i registered two WoG1 games for Rock-con, one on Friday night and one on Sat. morning. Hope to see some of you there.

Hi Mike, I am registered for Rock Con and I am looking forward to playing at your table. If you do a warm up at your place let me know!

Hi Kevin, good to hear. I am planning on doing another warm up game on Sat. Oct. 15. Probably start about 4 PM. I'll put up a post about it this week.

Hi Mike!!! I'll be at Rock-Con all 3 days, but have a commitment Saturday night. If you have a problem doing Friday, I can put one on. Also, if there is interest for Sunday, I can put on a game!!!

Thats good to hear, Tim. A Sunday game might be a good idea.

Hi Michael,

Glad to see you are back at Rock Con this year. I'll sign up soon and plan on flying a few sorties with you folks, my folks will probably come too. Looking forward to it.
    Hi Tim, hope you are well, and see you in Rockford!

Thanks for putting this on Michael,

It was great to get out there and play again! My old man was able to fly too, he really enjoyed it. Us Germans got sacked!!!

We won't be able to do day after Thanksgiving but hopefully another time. Also I will try and host a game coming up too sometime. Maybe December or January. I have a few fellas from my regular gaming group that may join us. I'm in East Dundee.

-Raider

Hi Chris, Glad you and your dad had fun. I figured that it would be a challenge for the German players. Plus, a couple of the German players also had extraordinary bad luck with gun jams. Keep me informed about potential game days.

Looks like Rock-con was a success. I ran two scenarios, both ended in minor British victories. Met up with several old friends and made some new ones. Hoping that some of the new guys join up on the 'drome. Also, met up with the CO and he awarded me my captains bars then he appointed me XO. Drinks on me for the promo!

Bravo, great job and scenarios at Rock-Con!!! Lots of fun and lots of comradery!!! It was great flying with everyone again, both new and old!!! Looking forward to more Scrambles in the near future!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    Bravo, great job and scenarios at Rock-Con!!! Lots of fun and lots of comradery!!! It was great flying with everyone again, both new and old!!! Looking forward to more Scrambles in the near future!!!
    Good to hear you're still in action Tim, sounds like you chaps had a blast

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Good to hear you're still in action Tim, sounds like you chaps had a blast
    Thank Dave, it's good to be back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Thanks for putting this on Michael,

It was great to get out there and play again! My old man was able to fly too, he really enjoyed it. Us Germans got sacked!!!

We won't be able to do day after Thanksgiving but hopefully another time. Also I will try and host a game coming up too sometime. Maybe December or January. I have a few fellas from my regular gaming group that may join us. I'm in East Dundee.

-Raider
    Post ahead of time an Illinois Scramble with date and location details!!! You may be surprised who might show up!!!

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Rock Con
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-24-2019, 17:27
  2. Illinois: Rock Con
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-28-2019, 14:53
  3. Illinois: Rock-Con
    By degodave in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1