Ares Games

Thread: Flight Club 10/'22 at Entoyment, Poole

Default Flight Club 10/'22 at Entoyment, Poole

Hot on the heels of the last ..The seventh meeting of Flight Club is set to go ahead on Sunday 23rd October 2022 at Entoyment Poole for yet more WGF mayhem.

The usual crowd have already been notified but if you're a forum member that wants to come and join the fun then get your name down & let me know via PM if you want attend.
    This is not an Entoyment event ie you cannot book a place to play via the shop. I will manage the table - Cost to cover the tables will be three quid a head on the day to be paid to flash on arrival please. (it's gone up a quid per table but hopefully we'll cover it)

This is not a demo/participation like we'd usually put on at an event but a day for us to get into some more involved gaming and play some bigger, longer, WW1 scenario type games than we may usually get at a show.

I will update an idea of content nearer the time but, as they usually go down well, there will be one hour dogfights in the mix and maybe an opportunity to fly something you don't have or don't use too often.

If anyone has a scenario they'd like to put on for this event please PM me.
    NB. This event will contain Tripods !

L-R: Andy(Ajay); Rob (Rabscallion); Hobz (Yellow Peril); Tim (Flying Helmut); Andy B (Scherlochnumber1), Iain (Chianti Raider)

For those not familiar with the location the address is:
    Entoyment, Unit 2, Fleetsbridge Business Centre, Poole BH17 7AF; officially opens at 10.00, take-off shortly after that, and we're usually spent by 17.00 if not before.
    There's good parking, they are able to provide hot food & plenty of tea; there is a Tesco store not far away (within walking distance) if you want something different. It also has a fuel station attached.
    Entoyment also sells WoG, SoG, BSG & Tripods (and pretty much everything else !) https://entoyment.co.uk/

If you'd like to see what you're in for here are the previous events:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ntoyment-Poole

These are the usual table rules:
    No kids..
    No altitude.
    No tailing.
    No disruption.
    Split-S in play.
    EXP = Half start damage rounded up.
    Blind spots in play.
    Aim in play (+1 consec hits).

Potential Attendees:

Dave (flash)
    Barrie (Baz)
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1)
    Hobz (Yellow Peril)
    Iain (Chianti Raider)
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Justin (JuD)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    Tony (tonyc206)
    Sean
    Richard
    Rob (Rabscallion) - otherwise engaged
    Andy T (Sauerkraut) - otherwise engaged
    Andy L (Ajay) - otherwise engaged
    Gary (Hu Rhu) - otherwise engaged
    Lee (Gangleader147) - otherwise engaged
    Chris - otherwise engaged
    Dom - otherwise engaged
    Last edited by flash; 10-23-2022 at 10:49.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Calendar looking good for this one. Will be nice to get back into the air.

Good to hear, hope you make it

Just wish we were nearer.
    I just had to send another order in.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Looking forward to it.

Rob

Work Rota looks fine for this meet-up.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Yay !

Good news (well for me anyway )

I've checked with my CO and will be able to attend after all. Only a 3hr drive according to GMaps. Looking forward to some great gaming

It'll be good to see you again Tony, I think you'll enjoy it.

This is on short finals - and I feel nowhere near ready for it !
    All being well there will be a couple of 1 hour dogfights as usual - I'm hoping to put on an early war Balloon scenario without rockets or incendiaries and Baz is going to entertain us with a Tripod scenario involving multiple 'pods v many triplanes and maybe some cannon firing birds...

Those unable to make it will be missed - those who can make it, I look forward to seeing you all there - travel safe.
    Last edited by flash; 10-18-2022 at 11:44.

Have a good one chaps.
    Rob.

I'll be bringing some "Shop" planes for Tony.....

If anyone else wants stuff, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'll be bringing some "Shop" planes for Tony.....

If anyone else wants stuff, PM me.
    Seeing the chaps tonight - I will give 'em a nudge

Looking forward to seeing all tomorrow. And no jokes please, just because I got around to posting again Its been a while I know. Hope I can still remember the rules, especially about flying in a straight line and not away from the action!!! As for Tripods? Mmmmm Aaah well, I'll give it my best shot - boom boom!
    Chau for now,
    Mike

It will be good to see you Mike, you just have to fly against the Tripods but be careful !

Mmmm yes, tripods, aah. Maybe I'll use that secret weapon again. You remember don't you, the one where I substitute an Immel card for a straight, by accident. Should work a treat against a tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Looking forward to seeing all tomorrow. And no jokes please, just because I got around to posting again Its been a while I know. Hope I can still remember the rules, especially about flying in a straight line and not away from the action!!! As for Tripods? Mmmmm Aaah well, I'll give it my best shot - boom boom!
    Chau for now,
    Mike
    Welcome back Mikes

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Yet another day of epic gaming at Entoyment; thanks to all that braved the torrential rain & storms to join us, particularly those flying in from long distance. I only drove 10 miles and had to wade through 4 floods on the A350 but we all got there in the end and made a great day of it.
    Big thanks to Baz for providing us with the Tripods game and Andy (sauerkraut) who came up with the idea of the balloon game but had to bail out due to a family bereavement. Great to see Mike back at the table and to welcome Tony (tonyc206) to his first Flight Club. Thanks to Andy (sherlochnumber1) for providing some models & Tony for passing on some extras.
    Here are the scores on the doors - Top gun was Hobz with five on the day:

Hobz (Yellow Peril) 5 (4 in first game, 2 balloons, 2 planes)
    Tony (tonyc206) 3 (1 plane in games 1 & 2; a tripod in game 3)
    Justin (JuD) 3 (1 in game 2; 2 in game 4)
    Sean 3 (2 in game 1, 1 balloon, 1 plane; 1 in game 4)
    Barrie (Baz) 2 (1 in game 2)
    Iain (Chianti Raider) 2 (1 in game 2; 1 in game 4)
    Tim (Flying Helmut) 2 (1 plane in game 2; a tripod in game 3)
    Richard 2 (1 in game 1; 1 in game 4)
    Dave (flash) 1 (1 in game 4)
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1) 1 (1 in game 4)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus) 0 (not for want of trying!)

I will post some pics in due course but better spend some quality time with senior management first !
    Last edited by flash; 10-25-2022 at 06:42.

Thanks for organising it Dave (Flash). Thanks for the intro to T&T Baz and to all of you who were there for making a great and fun day. Also thanks to Mike for not crashng into me!

Cheers all
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-24-2022 at 03:40.

Thanks to all, good fun day again, took a while to get home. Nice to meet up again

The gathering of the clan..
    Name:  SAM_4475.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  200.1 KB
    (L-R: Rich, Iain (Chianti Raider), Tony (tonyc206), Mike (Mikeemagnus), Tim (Flying Helmut), Hobz (Yellow Peril)

Name:  SAM_4476.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  195.3 KB
    (L-R Hobz (Yellow Peril), Justin (JuD), Andy B (Scherlochnumber1), Barrie (Baz)

We started with a sausage scenario - three balloons to be downed, defended by 4 x Fokker E.III, 2 AA guns and 2 AAMG against six RFC types - 3x Nieuport 11, 1 x Morane Saulnier N & 2 x Morane Saunier BB tandems. No incendiary or rockets, take them down with the weight of lead !
    Andy, Baz, Rich & Tony took the Fokkers, which were circling between the first brown & the yellow balloon. Tim & Mike took the MS BB's, Justin, Hobz & Sean took N.11's, Iain took the MS.N starting from the edge of the mat bordering the trenches.

In close formation Tim & Iain line up on the first balloon as Andy, in the dirty red Fokker, rushes to intercept
    Name:  SAM_4478.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  217.6 KB

Baz, smoking from his first exchange with Mike moves in for a close range pass, he wounds Mike's gunner; that's Hobz in the green N.11 alongside them
    Name:  SAM_4479.JPG
Size:  194.2 KB

The action heats up as the chaps move into contact
    Name:  SAM_4480.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  198.2 KB

I operated the flak guns - close but no cigar on Hobz (used solo method)
    Name:  SAM_4481.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  218.2 KB

Andy leaves Tim flaming in his wake, I think Tim kept pouring fire into the gasbag as he passed it
    Name:  SAM_4482.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  205.6 KB

Baz reverses & gets after Mike - his gunner down, his front gun jammed. (We played the wounded gunner rules we have as an option in OTT so he would be back in action soon).
    Name:  SAM_4483.JPG
Size:  210.8 KB

Baz & Tony (green Fokker) close up - Mike & Hobz work over the Yellow balloon, Tim and Iain fly over an AAMG - Iain cops some rounds in his engine from it
    Name:  SAM_4485.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  181.3 KB

Iain clears the MG but runs into, probably the only, accurate flak of the game !
    Name:  SAM_4487.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  208.1 KB

The scrap around the first balloon hots up, Andy's dirty red Fokker spews flame & smoke, he takes fire from Sean & Tim, Sean jams in the process, Tony's green Fokker closes on Tim's tail, his gunner jams
    Name:  SAM_4490.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  212.4 KB

Mike's BB turns back toward the yellow balloon, his gunner wounded but back in action - he manages a long range effort on Baz, damaging his engine. Hobz, on the far side lets rip at point blank range. (the orange range ruler)
    Name:  SAM_4491.JPG
Size:  216.0 KB

Hobz gets the kill as the balloon explodes - both he and Baz survive the bang !
    Name:  SAM_4493.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  207.0 KB

Meantime Justin has gone long and reaches the furthest balloon with little opposition - bar Rich who flew off the tables edge after their first exchange, as it was early on he was allowed to respawn at the back of the battlefield.
    Name:  SAM_4492.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  180.7 KB

Fire proves too much for Any's dirty red Fokker and down he goes - Sean's kill :carsh:
    Name:  SAM_4496.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  198.8 KB

Baz survived the exploding gasbag but Hobz clears the balloon and takes him down - 2nd Kill for Hobz
    Name:  SAM_4497.JPG
Size:  203.0 KB

Rich, meantime, had caught up to Mike and took him out
    Name:  SAM_4498.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  197.7 KB

And Tony does likewise to Tim - 2nd line are +1's, he took some knocking down.
    Name:  SAM_4499.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  202.1 KB

Rich has but moments to enjoy his victory as he collides with Hobz and comes off, very much, second best ! 3rd kill for Hobz.
    Name:  SAM_4500.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  196.4 KB

Softened up by Justin Hobz turns in for the coup de grace on the second balloon - 4th Kill for Hobz and everyone survived to boom again !
    Name:  SAM_4501.JPG
Size:  202.2 KB

The first balloon finally succumbs to a smoking Sean's gun in spite of Tony's efforts - 2nd kill to Sean
    Name:  SAM_4503.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  196.8 KB

Victory to the RFC, all three sausages pricked, 3 out of 4 Eindeckers downed for the loss of the two tandems and a bullet
    The lads tidy up at the end of the game - Sean's at the back reloading the caddy
    Name:  SAM_4504.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  209.6 KB

Game two - A one hour dogfight - Albatros D.III v Nieuport 17 (all A firing), head to head across a two mat battle area.

Name:  FC.10.22_29.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  205.9 KB
    L-R Tony (blue nose/tail), Rich (black tail), Iain ? (White nose/tail), Mike (petit rouge), Tim (red nose/tail) Andy (green nose/tail)..

Name:  FC.10.22_30.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  220.8 KB
    L-R Dave (#A), Baz (#2), Sean (smoke?!), Hobz (PC10), Justin (#4 - 2 overwing guns)..I think - not sure I have any of these right !

We close to contact - I exchange with Tony, as Rich turns in behind him - this could be a problem, especially with the right rudder damage & jam I picked up
    Name:  FC.10.22_32.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  218.3 KB

On other side of the table Andy and Tim make an end run but Justin was having none of it and wisely slips away behind his colleagues. Baz & Iain exchange, Iain picks up wounded pilot, Mike takes on Sean & Hobz.. leaving the latter smoking
    Name:  FC.10.22_33.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  220.0 KB

My luck holds for a moment as Rich turned away - in the background overlaps abound and gunfire is exchanged between Mike & Justin as he turns into the fight behind his colleagues.
    Name:  FC.10.22_34.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  204.8 KB

Mikes bullet magnet is clearly up to the max - 14pts in two phases ! Think the first two cards were the last he got at close range - Kill to Justin
    Name:  FC.10.22_35.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  195.6 KB

A couple of moves later, having reversed too early, I find myself back under Tony's guns
    Justin gets a shot on Iain, Baz reverses and exchanges with Rich who gets a jam. Tim, top of frame hammers Sean, Andy breaks after Hobz, trailing smoke
    Name:  FC.10.22_36.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  215.6 KB

Reversing again did not help and my Nieuport gives up the ghost, his gun jams but kill to Tony
    Name:  FC.10.22_37.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  202.5 KB

Iain catches Hobz - Kill to Iain
    Name:  FC.10.22_38.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  196.4 KB

The Germans gather for a conflab mid table, taunting Tony for not joining in - but he had just shot me down so reasonable excuse I thought ! The Brits rightly feel outnumbered
    Name:  FC.10.22_39.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  222.5 KB

Tim & Andy take on Justin at the top of frame, Sean (?) takes on Iain (?) with Rich alongside shooting at Baz as Baz & Tony, fixing his jam, are off to the right.
    Name:  FC.10.22_40.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  220.0 KB

A collision between Iain & Baz but Rich takes what proves to be a fatal hit
    Name:  FC.10.22_41.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  212.6 KB

The results are impressive - 3 downed in one phase !
    Name:  FC.10.22_42.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  230.4 KB

After a turn out Mike's Petit Rouge respawned and he's heading back to the thick of the fray, he's most put out that his potential target rich environment has been halved though! Tony has cleared his jam, Tim is shooting up Justin
    Name:  FC.10.22_43.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  216.5 KB

Tim's +1 at close range ends Justin's run in spectacular fashion even as he was shooting up Tony
    Name:  FC.10.22_44.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  208.2 KB

The last Brit is alone against four remaining Hun with a jammed gun..
    Name:  FC.10.22_45.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  210.9 KB

It matters not as he's swiftly taken out !
    Name:  FC.10.22_46.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  203.7 KB

Not sure I've assigned the right planes to the right pilots yet but the end result was a convincing win the the German team who had a 6 to 5 advantage at the start.

Game three - When Mars Attacks ! Or, something similar..
    Baz brought us a game of Tripods 'n' Triplanes involving a superb 4x4 mat, a couple of marvellous (if high speed) ships, some triplanes and a couple of AFB-1's fitted with cannon to protect them from a brace of cuttlefish & a brace of Locust Tripods intent on preventing the ships getting out to sea.
    Commodore Baz ran the ships, I took a Cuttlefish along with Hobz, Andy & Iain took the Locust. Being involved in fighting a Tripod & feeling a bit under the weather at this stage, pics are sparse so we join the action after the start - when Baz said - "You can take pictures you know, chaps!"

I'm not sure how it happened exactly but Andy's Tripod is toppled, much to the delight of the pilots his side of the table - probably as a result of cannon fire from the AFB-1..
    Hobz's Cuttlefish (yellow dot) and the other locust head for the targets off to the left, I spin my Cuttlefish to face off the oncoming opposition
    Name:  FC.10.22_47.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  192.9 KB

I'm lucky that all damage finds my shields, that could have gone really badly - Tony, flying the AFB-1, was quite disappointed as I shrugged off the damage! Mike had Lothar's Fokker, Rich had Rahn's (I think!)
    Name:  FC.10.22_48.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  199.0 KB

A couple of moves later, I'd remained stationary, recharged & bided my time waiting for the Thunderchild to pass then lit it up with my Heavy Heat Ray (Not sure I did much damage). Iain's Locust, also recharged, attracted the attention of the planes from me !
    Name:  FC.10.22_49.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  184.4 KB

Iain joined in the fun as we tag team the ship with our Heat Rays
    Name:  FC.10.22_50.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  199.1 KB

My next shot at long range definitely caused some damage - leaving the Thunderchild trailing smoke - Tony & Mike work me over but fortunately damage is negligible.
    Name:  FC.10.22_51.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  208.0 KB

Iain, in pursuit gets his next shot on target as I recharge my circuits - Mike & Tony plan their next moves
    Name:  FC.10.22_52.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  189.7 KB

I set off after the Thunderchild, firing up my Heat Ray as I go, Iain recharges. Tony gets another shot on me as Mike reverses course
    Name:  FC.10.22_53.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  182.4 KB

Similar action has continued on the other flank, their ship harassed, the planes doing their best to keep on the Tripods. Finally Tim's efforts are met with success and Andy's Locust falls. He jams in the process.
    Name:  FC.10.22_54.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  190.2 KB

Another view showing Hobz's Cuttlefish nearby
    Name:  FC.10.22_55.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  175.1 KB

We close on Thunderchild once more, Tony has reloaded his cannon & slides past, Mike & Rich chase after us.
    I the background the others chase Hobz as he goes after the other ship
    Name:  FC.10.22_57.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  194.1 KB

We did get final shots off at the Thunderchild but it limped away, engine damaged, trailing smoke. Tony shapes up for an Immel.
    Name:  FC.10.22_58.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  191.2 KB

I black smoked the chaps to our rear but they shrugged it off apparently unharmed - Tony hammered Ian's Locust and it fell into the sea
    Name:  FC.10.22_59.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  192.0 KB

We called it there, both ships had escaped; two Locust Tripods were downed, the planes relatively unharmed returned to base, a win for humanity we thought.

Game 4 - the final instalment - What nice Bristol's you have..

The second one hour dogfight of the day - 5 Bristol Fighters v 3 Fokker E.V's & 3 Siemens Schuckert D.III's. No extended arcs on the Brisfits (this time), mix of A & B guns, Gunners wounded can get back up, out for reat of that turn and the next.

Almost ready for the off
    Name:  FC.10.22_62.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  184.6 KB

The RAF
    Name:  FC.10.22_60.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  209.6 KB
    L-R: Iain (white), Rich (A), Justin (B), Dave (J), Baz (H)

The dreaded
    Name:  FC.10.22_61.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  182.7 KB
    L-R: Mike(wasp), Tony(LD), Tim(arrow), Sean (skull), Andy (stripe), Hobz (5)

First contact: I exchange at long range with Sean, Justin the same with Andy - Baz & Hobz get in close !
    Name:  FC.10.22_63.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  222.8 KB

Viewed from the other side: Iain overlaps Mike & exchanges with Tim at long range, Rich turns in and swaps with Mike
    Name:  FC.10.22_64.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  212.7 KB

Next phase Justin lights up Andy at close range for no return; Hobz reverses on Baz and they exchange at close range for a second time, Baz's rear gun jams.
    Name:  FC.10.22_65.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  211.1 KB

Viewed from the other side: I just overlap Sean but take a shellacking from Tony at close range for no return
    Name:  FC.10.22_66.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  190.2 KB

Rich is overlapped by Mike, and exchanges with Tim resulting in both crew wounded ! Iain, rakes Tim at close range
    with his rear gun.
    Name:  FC.10.22_67.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  196.0 KB

Next phase I get some loving from Andy at long range, as Justin latches onto his tail at lose range, my gunner gets a pop at Tony as he goes, Justin's gunner gets a long range effort into Hobz as he overlaps Baz
    Name:  FC.10.22_71.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  207.5 KB

Tony catches Baz, with jammed guns all round, as he continues his turn, Andy finds himself twixt the two close range fires of Rich and Justin (at +1), Iain chipped in too ! Mike can only look on and Tim has a jam himself.
    Name:  FC.10.22_73.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  225.1 KB

It's too much for Andy's razor and down he goes (lower group are the +1's) - kill to Justin
    Name:  FC.10.22_74.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  206.5 KB

Andy took over Hobz's plane (5). he was overlapped and took a pot shot at Iain who was shooting up Tim's SSD.III.
    Mike has had an exchange with Justin but jammed his guns, he overlaps the Brisfit to be safe !
    I take a shot at Sean who is overlapping Baz as we make a synchro turn.
    Name:  FC.10.22_75.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  219.5 KB

We continue our turn out of harms way as Sean, Andy & Tim tune up Rich for little return. Iain's gunner just reaches out to Tony, wounding him.
    Name:  FC.10.22_76.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  215.3 KB

Rich's had it and he goes in, his gunner dead now. Kill to Sean
    Name:  FC.10.22_78.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  210.1 KB

Justin Immelled but couldn't shoot with his pilot due to wound, as he passes Tony his gunner finally gets an opportunity at long range. Iain has Jammed & has a wounded pilot,(white wing) to his right Baz has crossed behind me to my left as we seek to re-engage
    Name:  FC.10.22_79.JPG
Size:  220.8 KB

Unfortunately for Baz, Andy engages oh too well !
    Name:  FC.10.22_80.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  189.1 KB

I overlap Andy moments later, Iain gets a shot in though. Mike slips into my blindspot and Justin trades with Sean
    Name:  FC.10.22_81.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  220.4 KB

Justin avenges Rich with some style - 2nd kill to Justin
    Name:  FC.10.22_83.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  215.1 KB

I stall and trade shots with Mike as he turns after me - it proves too much for the Fokker ! Kill to Dave
    Name:  FC.10.22_84.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  202.4 KB

We're not done though - with time running out Iain takes out Tim with the last shot of the game - Kill to Iain
    Name:  FC.10.22_85.JPG
Size:  207.5 KB

The hour up, we finished the day within the time predicted, The Bristols edge the game with 4 downed for the loss of 2, finally a win for the RAF - Huzzah!
    I can get home on time for m'dinner and the travellers can wend their weary way back to their home fields after another splendid day of action at Flight Club.
    Thank you all gentlemen, as always, an honour & privilege to fly with you.
    Last edited by flash; 10-28-2022 at 01:26.

Looks like an interesting BBQ.

I like those CDL Morane Saulnier BBs
    (and the 'Dirty Red Fokker')

Great AAR Dave. Good to see faces against the names on the "Drome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I like those CDL Morane Saulnier BBs
    Are they 'Shapeways' Dave?
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-26-2022 at 00:41.

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Are they 'Shapeways' Dave?
    Yes they are Tony, designers jbmacek and colinwe make them iirc, I can't recall which mine are but colinwe is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yes they are Tony, designers jbmacek and colinwe make them iirc, I can't recall which mine are but colinwe is likely.
    Only listing I could find was for Morane-Saulnier BB 1:144th Scale
    Made by
    Columbia Aerodrome

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9P...-1-144th-scale

...and that was a google search as they did not appear when I used their own search function on the site
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-26-2022 at 04:28.

Excellent AAR's, Dave! Great to see such a good crowd and big games.

The BB is looking great. Essentially same stats as a P type. Daryl has some cards and info and link to the Columbia Aerodrome model here.

sorry I couldn't make it this time. Glad that you had a good day.

Only listing I could find was for Morane-Saulnier BB 1:144th Scale
    Made by
    Columbia Aerodrome

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9P...-1-144th-scale

...and that was a google search as they did not appear when I used their own search function on the site
    Things change - I've had mine some while now - Columbia Aerodrome makes nice planes too.

Third instalment is up in post #21 - TnT

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Excellent AAR's, Dave! Great to see such a good crowd and big games...
    Thanks, Chris, we get an excellent crowd at Flight Club, if we had all made it we might have been pressed for room at the one table as well as breaking our record of 14. It's great fun on the day. Next year for the next one I think.

Things change - I've had mine some while now - Columbia Aerodrome makes nice planes too.
    Turns out that Columbia Aerodrome is actually jbmacek when you select 'contact designer'

Third instalment is up in post #21 - TnT
    Good to see T&T action.

Baz has been playing in the wee hours (for him) with our online Table Top Flights group.

I know, I've been watching, you chaps are hilarious !

Great stuff Dave, you all looked to be enjoying the games, thanks for posting so we can all see what we're missing.
    Cheers

Final instalment posted - They bear some resemblance to what went on but there will be inaccuracies which I put down to my currently fevered mind - let me know where I went wrong chaps !

The tripods looks like one awesome game. I am surprised more Bristol planes did not get shot down. Thanks for sharing some wonderful games.

Final instalment posted - They bear some resemblance to what went on but there will be inaccuracies which I put down to my currently fevered mind - let me know where I went wrong chaps !
    Well done Dave

Unfortunately you got Tim and I mixed up in the last dogfight. I was flying the LD (Beaulieu-Marconnay) Shuckert
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-27-2022 at 13:17.

Well done Dave
    Unfortunately you got Tim and I mixed up in the last dogfight. I was flying the LD (Beaulieu-Marconnay) Shuckert
    Thanks, I was wondering ! - should be straightened out now.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Excellent AAR's, Dave! Great to see such a good crowd and big games.
    The BB is looking great. Essentially same stats as a P type. Daryl has some cards and info and link to the Columbia Aerodrome model
    Thanks, Chris, it's probably the biggest regular gathering of Wings addicts we have. We regularly average 8 players on Wednesday nights at Entoyment and have an odd player join in from time to time (even if we try to put him off..! ) so the base support is good, the rest of the chaps come some quite some distance from various points across the UK, so it shows we're doing something right.

Better late than never, but a bit behind again, if you'll pardon the expression. Great day at Flight Club, so thanks to everyone, especially Flash for organising it. And thanks for the pics and the AARs Dave. Have to say it, I even enjoyed the Tripods game

Cheers all,

Mike

Welcome back Mikes
    Thanks Wing Co., its good to back again

Good to see you back at the table again, Mike

Bit tardy responding to this thread (and many others!) - I picked up a lurgy (possibly @ "Flight Club") which has confined me to bed for the last six days

"Flight Club" was another grand day out - it was great to see the chaps again, and even though Lady Luck was not with me this time around (for instance, FIVE gun jams in the last game alone! ) I still had a good time.

Many thanks to Flash for organising it again, and many thanks to Mike for not crashing into me!

many thanks to Mike for not crashing into me!
    Not for the want of trying, friend Tim

Hope you are now fully recovered from your dose of the lurgy

Good to hear that you are recovering Tim. I hope that it was nothing that will leave you with lingering ailments, as averse to alements which you should never worry about..
    Rob.

Gutted to have missed this but it looked like everyone who made it had a great time as usual.

Well done again to Dave for organising this event.

Similar Missions

1. Flight Club 10/'21 at Entoyment, Poole
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-21-2021, 01:54
  2. National Flight Club 07/'21 at Entoyment, Poole
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-10-2021, 13:35
  3. Flight Club - 02/'20 at Entoyment, Poole
    Replies: 50