Ares Games

Thread: Navara, new option for storage foam trays

Default Navara, new option for storage foam trays

KR Cases has started up a new dense foam storage tray system, called Navara. Instead of the traditional squishy foam trays that go into cardboard boxes, these appear to be closer in materials to the AA trays and are designed to go directly into the bags they sell. As far as I can tell, the templates look to be the same as traditional KR trays.

https://www.navaracases.com/navaracaseshome

Here's an overview:

Thanks Chris. I saw these on the KR website the other day, and was trying to work out what the difference was between the Navara/KR trays.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Cheaper too by the looks of things.

"He is wise who watches"

Too late for me to change Transport Systems now...

Still, an interesting (and useful) development.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Cheaper too by the looks of things.
    Definitely, and by a significant amount when it comes to the larger pieces. There appears to be an error in the depth calculation of the Zeppelin Staaken RVI tray, but as soon as that's resolved I'm going to order a full set for my collection. A medium transport bag decked out ends up being $88 or so (was considering a couple larges rather than 3 mediums, but it feels like the large bags would be a lot more unwieldy).
    Last edited by driph; 06-27-2022 at 22:14.

Thanks for alerting us to this new possibility for storage and transport Chris.
    I have relayed the information to my shipmates on the Anchorage.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Never liked the squishy KR trays, always preferred the Figures in comfort ones, looks like these might be more like those?
    Here’s hoping anyway.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Never liked the squishy KR trays, always preferred the Figures in comfort ones, looks like these might be more like those?
    Here’s hoping anyway.
    Precisely the opposite for me...

I have both types, and some 'Feldherr' too, plus BSG trays from Keith - of all of them, I much prefer the 'KR' over the others.
    The soft foam "moulds" around the models, holding them securely without damaging them.

Shake or drop a 'Figures in Comfort' bag, and you can hear the models "rattling" inside, rubbing against the hard foam and potentially damaging vulnerable guns, prop blades, aerials etc. In addition, over time the hard foam rubs the paintwork off wing tip edges, requiring repainting.

Shake or drop a 'KR' case, and you hear nothing - no damage to the minis inside. No movement means no paint rubbing off.

The clincher for me is the size of the collection.
    A full 'Navarra' bag looks like an ideal product for a small collection, but what happens when you have two bags-worth of foam?
    Or 5?
    Or 20???
    The 'KR' system lets me stack "columns" of card boxes full of minis, while I transport just a few boxes to each event.
    Multiple game systems' armies all fill identical-sized card boxes, which can be catalogued and marked with the Game contained within.
    I simply swap box-for box in my transport bags/trolley as and when required.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I agree that the KR soft foam is fine for Wings aircraft, and like a lot of others on this site I am heavily invested in KR product. However, I might look at the hard foam for my metal 10mm armour - I have had to glue the floppy trays on to plastic sheet to support the contents.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

i prefer the squishy foam myself. i prefer it have some give to it.

Similar Missions

1. Hanger tray storage option
    By Jager in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 21:40
  2. Foam for making storage trays
    By Embis in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2015, 03:10
  3. Foam Trays
    By AndyT in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 21