I have practised a lot automatic movement for solo games since the pandemic situation and I have noticed that the automatic movement rules contains an issue.
(it is the same rule in the WOG WW1 2012 Rules & Accessories page 38 and in the WOW Flight of the Giants page 19 rulebooks).

Multi-Engine Bombers :
"For each multi-engine bomber randomly flown remove the following cards : the climb, the dive, one stall, one turn to the left and one turn to the right. ../.. Only the eight maneuver cards are used : 3 straights, 1 stall and 2 turns to each side. ../.. Each time the discard pile contains 1 turn to the right and 1 turn to the left, shuffle them back to the maneuver deck with any straights and stall …".

The pictures below show Multi-engines using 4 different maneuver decks XA (Zeppelin Staaken), XB (Handley-Page O/400), XC (Felixstowe F2A), XD (Gotha G.V / Caproni Ca.3)
Pretending the cards are randomly chosen but choosing them in the case the order or the maneuver cards make the plane exit the game surface :
Even when starting in the middle of the length (49 cm from a side) of a playing mat (length 98 cm), each plane may leave the mat or be on the edge before shuffling back 1 turn to the right and 1 turn to the left.
About the Zeppelin and the Handley-Page, a new turn to the left (after the shuffling back) makes them exit the mat.

Moreover, the game is usually played in the length of the mat (enemy sides facing each other in the length of the mat), so with more chances to leave the playing surface than on the pictures, even if the bomber starts at the middle of the width of the mat (68/2 = 34 cm).

Suggestion : now, I personally use only 1 turn to the right and 1 turn to the left and keep all the other maneuver cards in automatic mode and remove all other turns card. But I keep every sideslips if playing with 2 seaters.
I shuffle all the cards when they are all played.

Actually, in automatic mode, the Multiengine / two seaters mission is to cross the length of 1 or 2 mats, making small evasive maneuvers (designated by the 1 turn to the right and 1 turn to the left).

I informed Andrea Angiolino about the automatic rule issue and suggested my proposal. Here is his answer :
“One solution could be shifting everything sideway so that the bomber is still on the table. Using one curve per side is also a possible solution, even if it makes the movement of the bomber quite more obvious.”
Actually, his first suggestion means that the shifting sideway could be permanent during all the game and this leads to a loss of precision for all the planes shifted.
I definitely prefer to keep one turn per side.

This issue is also valid for the WW2 version.