Ares Games

Thread: My other games

Default My other games

I thought that maybe somebody here could be interested in the other games I am making. Here they are, at least the ones that are not just in Italian.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Montefeltro.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	316150

For the 600th anniversary of Federico da Montefeltro, Lord of Urbino, I did a card game together with Alessio Spalluto. Players put together “districts” with the works (urbanistic, military, artistic, humanistic) that Federico sponsored. I will try to load the bilingual rulebook on BBG soon - it’s in English and Italian. Materials are lanfuage indipendent. A French translation, and maybe others, will be soon available on the site of the publisher, Top Hat Games.

Name:	8620CDA3-C552-4504-8CD9-E523030630CA.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	316149

In the last years, I helped to launch the Lex Arcana rpg. It was one of the most succesful in Italy in the ‘90s. An ucronic Roman Empire does not fall. Magic and monsters are true - not in a generic fantasy way, but just the kind of magic and monsters that were believed true in ancient Roman times. Authors are famed board gsme designer Leo Colovini, Dario De Toffoli and my two co-designers for Tripods & Triplanes, Marco Maggi & Francesco Nepitello.
    The game manual and a few supplements are already available in English, distributed by Ares Games. Among them Mysteries of the Empire is a collection of adventures by many authors, including Mark Rein-Hagen, Gareth Hanragan and me.
    Most supplements are geographical and dedicated to provinces: Egypt, Dacia, Thracia. In July, Ares Games should launch “Italia - Land of Ancient Magic and Dark Intrigue”, a supplement by Francesca Garello and me.
    A Japanese edition of the game also exist. Spanish, German, Russian and maybe other translations should then follow.

Name:	6EC1B3D8-EB5D-4023-B1D1-30B4F55AAD2C.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	316148

Muduko in Poland released a second Polish version of my Safari Golo, a children/family game about a photo safari. An English/French/Italian edition is still available by Canadian publisher MJ Games, an Italian one by Oliphante.
    A beginners’ variant rule is on BGG:
    https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/288...inners-variant

Cor!

Someone's been a busy lad!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

You are a very busy, very clever man Andrea... salute
    I do like the look of Lex Arcana... I need a new RPG for my group.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Just read up on Lex Arcana... sigh... seems like my pocket money is going to take a pounding. Have to say looks incredible.

Hedeby, a while back Ares had one or two of the core books as a free download, so subscribe to their newsletter and watch for sales. Miniature Market had 'em on pretty deep markdown a while back, and you might check Cool Stuff Inc too.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Cool thanks

Thanks a lot Diamondback! Everything is still cheaper as a pdf, with a Quickstarter on free offer, if yoy take it from Drivethrurpg:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....t=&pfrom=&pto=

Where you also find a couple of board games of mines for cheap: Bike of Wars - Famous Races, a fantasy game of bike dogfights, and Tabletoon, a tense competition for the control of a house between a dog, a cat and a mouse.

Name:	129488.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	316157

Name:	128121.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	316158

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Thanks a lot Diamondback! Everything is still cheaper as a pdf, with a Quickstarter on free offer, if yoy take it from Drivethrurpg:

Just for the heck of it, Andrea, I see a lot of LA things on DriveThruRPG that aren't in the Ares catalog and some big gaps in the Ares SKU number sequence. Does that mean those slots are reserved for things that are already published under Acheron and planned to bring over but haven't been yet? Also, I notice a prefix change from "LEX" to "LE2"--is that 1st vs 2nd editions?

Every sale helps add to the royalty check, right?
    Last edited by Diamondback; 06-21-2022 at 14:54.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

1st edition refers to the stuff released from 1993 to 1998 and it was in Italian only. 2nd edition is the stuff from 2019 (the Quickstarter) onward and it is in English too (something also in other languages). Everything that you find on DriveThruRPG is for the second edition.

Printed and distributed by Ares Games, you see the main volumes. Core set, Encyclopaedia Arcana rule supplement, Mysteries of the Empire adventures collection, and the geographical supplements for Egypt, Italia, Dacia & Thracia... On DriveThruRPG you also find several more minor stuff like single adventures and accessories.

For codes, at https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products I see LEX003 to LEX006 for the products coming from the first Kickstarter. LE2001 and LE2002 come from the second Kickstarter. Maybe that's why they changed code. LEX001 and LEX002 are not in use, maybe they referred to two different versions of the Quickstarter booklet that is now not available any more in paper.

Well, if you are curious... I have no royalties on Lex Arcana: Only on the Italia expansion. Actually you see my name as an author on Lex Arcana RPG - The Nynph and the Senator, that you also find within Lex Arcana RPG - Mysteries of the Empire I, but no royalties on them. And for the other stuff, I have only been "Artistic Director" for a few years. No royalties for such a role. Buy or not, my paycheck does not change.

Guess what I was trying to say was... well, friends look after friends, and that includes helping keep them in a position to do useful/helpful/neat stuff by helping employers keep you on the payroll.

Thing with SKU's... well, that's the combination of autistic pattern-recognition and recovering scale modeler ("what the heck do all these different colored areas, symbols and letter/number groups mean?") at work.

Downloaded the quick starter... unfortunately just means I am even more likely to have to buy the shiny hard back books, looks a really intriguing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post

Name:	6EC1B3D8-EB5D-4023-B1D1-30B4F55AAD2C.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	316148
    Well, my doughter run immediately to me when I took it out of my backpack. I had to open it and she spent next hour with tiny animal pictures. We've never played the game before, but it's already a success

Similar Missions

1. Have you tried this one in your games?
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 15:34
  2. Well Done 12-7 Games!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 00:55
  3. Want more games...
    By alpine in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 13:24
  4. FRP games