Ares Games

Thread: FNG reporting in

Default FNG reporting in

Hello All,

Buddy of mine got me the Battle of Britain starter pack for my birthday in March and I have been hooked ever since. I love how a lot of the real life aircraft strengths and tactics apply directly to the game.

I've been a WW2 aircraft nut since I was a kid so this game was a natural fit. My grandfather was a B17 crew chief in the 8th air force so B17's are a favorite of mine. I've also studied most US fighter aircraft extensively and Axis aircraft moderately.

So far I've only played the game with my wife (sometimes grudgingly) but would be interested in getting more involved with other local players.

Besides the Spits and 109s I've added a P47, P40, RE2001, 109 K-4, KI-84, DO-17 Z-10, Beaufighter, and B17F which I was super excited to find in stock and at MSRP with free shipping!

Looking forward to learn more about the game and especially all of the custom aircraft people are making.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Brian, from across "the Pond" in the UK.

Hope you get to hook up with more players locally - in the meantime, have a look in the 'Files' section for loads of extra cards and game aids.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Another welcome to you from Dear old Blighty Brian.
    You should find plwenty here to keep you busy our archives extend back over 12 years.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Brian, another welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome from KY, Brian
    Enjoy!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Brian. Hopefully you can find some local pilots to fly with.

Ello Brian, again from across the Pond. Dive in n enjoy yerself

Greeting from a humid Space Coast! Enjoy the game and ask plenty of questions.

Thumbs up

Welcome to the Officer's Mess, Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Goat View Post
    Besides the Spits and 109s I've added a P47, P40, RE2001, 109 K-4, KI-84, DO-17 Z-10, Beaufighter, and B17F which I was super excited to find in stock and at MSRP with free shipping!
    Nice find, especially the old B-17F. Baeufighters can be tricky (overpowered), so recommend to use them for strafing missions according to real use back in WWII.

In case you would like to add an plane avatar to your profile, you can do it via Settings (upper right corner) and then Edit Avatar on left side

(welcoming head bobs) fromt eh lizard to the North of you. Be sure to check out the files section for heaps of add-on: unofficial planes, scenarios, events, etc, etc. And if you have questions, ask away, we're a friendly bunch here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Welcome to the Officer's Mess, Brian

Nice find, especially the old B-17F. Baeufighters can be tricky (overpowered), so recommend to use them for strafing missions according to real use back in WWII.

In case you would like to add an plane avatar to your profile, you can do it via Settings (upper right corner) and then Edit Avatar on left side
    Thanks for the tip! added a P40.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Hope to make it across the pond sometime soon and check out the flying legends air show. My grandfather was stationed in Mendlesham at the 34th BG base there and would also love to see what remains of the airfield. We drove across the UK when I was a kid and would love to do it again as an adult with my own kids. Do they still have the London Dungeon attraction around? That was a riot when I was a kid.

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes Brian!!! thats cool you found your favorite aircraft right away! plus there are academy 1/200 scale models that are out there. i converted a couple for game use. plus im working and a few repaints as well lol/ what can i say, i love b-17s!
    heres my favorite one so far;
    Name:  DSCF2350.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  50.1 KB
    entirely fictitious paintscheme since 17s came too late to wear aircorp blue and yellow. but i always though an early shark fin 17 would look great in it.

Greetings from Ohio! A wonderful game this is!

Welcome to the 'Drome' Brian, from across "the Pond" in the UK.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Similar Missions

1. Colorado: Reporting in!
    By TBone in forum US Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 08:33