Ares Games

Thread: Hurry at my backyard

Default Hurry at my backyard

I have a little airport not far from my house, where they store some pretty rare pieces like Lockheed Electra or some early Avias. The first Avia was built in a garage and our first president donated 100,000 CZK from his pocked to help them start off. A form of an early KS i guess.

What makes it a special place is a working Hurricane they own and fly once a month. It has an original engine and the piece that connects the cockpit with the wing.

Me and Kubajs of our wing were there with our kids. My kids largely ignored the hangar and enjoyed the slides in the park nearby.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	315419

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	315420

They used to have a Spit, but the fellow who owned it got an offer he couldn't refuse, sold it and purchased Mustang D, which should be around after summer. It is apparently very well reconstructed with no added nonsense.
    Last edited by Honza; 06-11-2022 at 12:58.

Nice photos Jan.
    Thanks for posting.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice - looks like a version with cannons.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Mk IIC - thanks for posting the photos!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thank you guys, next time i am there, i will take some pics of the other aircraft as well.

Must go there in close future. Owner looks like a nice guy according to what I read about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    I have a little airport not far from my house, where they store some pretty rare pieces like Lockheed Electra or some early Avias. The first Avia was built in a garage and our first president donated 100,000 CZK from his pocked to help them start off. A form of an early KS i guess.

What makes it a special place is a working Hurricane they own and fly once a month. It has an original engine and the piece that connects the cockpit with the wing.

Me and Kubajs of our wing were there with our kids. My kids largely ignored the hangar and enjoyed the slides in the park nearby.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	315419

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	315420

They used to have a Spit, but the fellow who owned it got an offer he couldn't refuse, sold it and purchased Mustang D, which should be around after summer. It is apparently very well reconstructed with no added nonsense.
    Nice Pics Jan. Does the aircraft have a history?

good to see a Hurricane

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Dang, the whole back yard is 2 planes!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Of course, that said, it looks about the size of my back yard
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Looks like he's winning the arms race with the neighbor.

I wonder if he sits in them and plays flight simulator? Did he buy them before or after seeing Top Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Nice Pics Jan. Does the aircraft have a history?
    These bits might Reg !

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    .. It has an original engine and the piece that connects the cockpit with the wing.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I wonder if he sits in them and plays flight simulator? Did he buy them before or after seeing Top Gun?
    The man is former air machanic, ~42 y/o and he's crazy about everything that's flying.
    I even heard he has an engine from Mig-21 in garage (Tumanskij R-13) and once he bought (?) a barrel of petrol for it. Well, the engine is still able to work - it was 10s ignition...

PS: Type Mig-21 was decomisioned in 2005 from service in Czech Air Force. The last used variant was MF if I remember well (should be the one on right side).
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 06-23-2022 at 23:16.

Ok .. I have nothing that comes even close to that.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Cool

So let's imagine what workers did in 60' at Prague Airport with old Mig-15 engine on a Tatra truck (served there for defreezing runway). Yes, 150 km/h.

Name:	f7636dc0deecde990b9ed9ee2d9e0efe.47-let-stara-tatra-148-ma-najeto-jen-42-000-km-jasne-ze-skoro-j.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	316293

So does Steve aka Guntruck have a card for it?

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    So does Steve aka Guntruck have a card for it?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

The Hurry crashed last year by the way. The committee that investigated reasons of the crash found out the pilot wasn't buckled. For Christ's sake ... i understand when people don't buckle on Tram 22, but this is a fighter aircraft .....

Similar Missions

1. Look what is coming to my backyard!!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 08:30
  2. Backyard Boxkites
    By PRS in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 13:05