Ares Games

Thread: Blog from Eternal City

Lightbulb Blog from Eternal City

Maybe you remeber I wrote an everyday blog called Journey on the Wings of Glory during my Origins expedition back in 2016. I also remeber Sven's reports from his journeys so I decided to repeat this something-like-almost-traditon and write few words about my European Master trip to Rome.
    Read it or ignore it, it's up to you

Last edited by Dan-Sam; 06-12-2022 at 16:48.

Well I read it Daniel, and found it most enjoyable. Took me back to my visit some years ago when I was entertained by Attilio, and Mrs K and myself were taken out for a meal by Andrea. It was indeed a week to remember. I hope that you find it as enjoyable as we did.

Keep the reports coming. You now have 1000 Rep points, O Ace of Aces.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you for your kind words, Rob. I can easily imagine that Attilio was a perfect guide. Missing him here sometimes.
    A thousand is a real milestone, I'll try to prove I deserved them - the second chapter added (mostly pure sightseeing, but that's also part of my journey)

Nice trip report, Dan.

Curious for the following (two remaining) days.

Need to spread some rep points before I can credit you again...
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Yes Daniel the places you mention were great to visit. Mrs. K. says hold on to your wallet when you are near the Trebia fountain. From our hotel just behind the Presidential Palace you could walk to just about any of the interesting sites in the city and we did. Attilio also took us out of town to the Villa of Hadrian, the Appian way: a real Roman road, and the Air Museum as well.
    I think it is the most wonderful city we have ever visited.

Rob.

Definitely one of the best. Even for my "get lost in the city to discover it" approach. The only sad thing's the Air museum is closed due to reconstruction and preparations for a centenary of Regio Auronautica. Maybe next year? At least I know what Steve feels in April Prague now.

Dan have fun at the turnament, and keep on mind not to plan Immelman as your 3rd maneuver

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Definitely one of the best. Even for my "get lost in the city to discover it" approach. The only sad thing's the Air museum is closed due to reconstruction and preparations for a centenary of Regio Auronautica. Maybe next year? At least I know what Steve feels in April Prague now.
    Roger that, Daniel. I also went to the Cracow Air Museum just prior to Covid, and that also had a large hangar closed for reconstruction....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

OK - Rome now added to my City-Break list.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Roger that, Daniel. I also went to the Cracow Air Museum just prior to Covid, and that also had a large hangar closed for reconstruction....
    It's a pain, I see. Hope you'll get to Czech Air Force Museum in Kbely at least once time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    OK - Rome now added to my City-Break list.
    You'll be satisfied even with level of WoG games here. They knownhow to fly.

PS: Chapter 4 added.

I just finished my last chapter (link in Post #1). Hope you enjoyed this untypical blog & report. I must say all trips due to WoG are special and I'm happy to be here on the Aerodrome.
    Grazie, Andrea

Thanks for a very interesting set of reports Daniel.
    Will you go back next year?
    Rob.

Well, that was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks, Daniel!

Looks like you had a grand time of it, Daniel

"He is wise who watches"

Many thanks for posting your blog, Daniel.

A most enjoyable read.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Thanks for a very interesting set of reports Daniel.
    Will you go back next year?
    Rob.
    Hard to tell. I would like to, but need to consider and discuss with Jitka, my wife - we are expecting another baby in September so I can't tell if I'll be able to leave the family (hope I can, but also want t o go to Donaster and...you know...balance is the key).

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Well, that was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks, Daniel!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Looks like you had a grand time of it, Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Many thanks for posting your blog, Daniel.
    A most enjoyable read.
    Thank you to all your kind words. It was something different than Origins 6 years ago, but as I wrote in the 1st chapter I remind it (the Origins one) to myself many times.

sounds ;like quite an adventure and great fun! and bravo to andrea for helping with the accommodations!

Similar Missions

1. ETERNAL RECONNAISSANCE
    By monse in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2021, 10:36
  2. The eternal Zero
    By Dowters in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 16:49
  3. Got My City Game Mat!
    By Smitch in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 01:44
  4. Two Val; two P-40s; one open city (again?)
    By Jager in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 09:06