Ares Games

Thread: HAPPY JUBILEE DAY EVERYONE

Default HAPPY JUBILEE DAY EVERYONE

Happy Jubilee Day (or Platty Joob! As some are calling it).
    70 Glorious Years..... that’s even longer than Rob and Chris have been on this forum. A special hello to those of our friends on here who remember the Queen’s Coronation all those years ago. A glorious day up here today, so hope everyone enjoys the extra day’s holiday and enjoys the sunshine. Lovely day to be English and to be proud to be English (and British obviously)... and we even have Test Cricket at Lords as well.

Cheers everyone

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Happy Jubilee. Hope everyone is having a great day.

God save the Queen.
    Chez Kyte.

Name:  IMG_1302.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  126.1 KB
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I missed the coronation, by a bit, but like most (all?), we've not know another sovereign.

Long may she reign. Happy Jubilee, Commonwealth!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Saw the Queen in '59 and '71 in Vancouver.

Name:  Silver Jubilee.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  145.3 KB
    Picked this up for my beer mug / stein collection in Victoria 1977
    Amazing that she has lasted so long.
    Hard to imagine the Royal Family without her.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I missed the coronation, by a bit, but like most (all?), we've not know another sovereign.

Long may she reign. Happy Jubilee, Commonwealth!
    I didn't really either Mike, although I was actually born during the reign of her father.
    I was 5 at the time of the Coronation, and had just started school. We were all given a Coronation mug, long since deceased, and a New Testament which I have to this day.

I never actually met Her Majesty, but did meet The Duke of Edinburgh at a Test Match at Trent Bridge, and also Charles and Camilla at Sandringham.

Mrs K. has also met William and Kate to whom she presented a posy of flowers on behalf of the Embroiderers Guild.
    We found them all very friendly and approachable.

To say that I have led my Parliamentary Musketeers in many re-enactment shows down the years, I am still really a staunch Royalist.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hope all celebrating here in the UK and across the commonwealth have a great weekend - my little girl got married yesterday (with platinum rings) & my big sis celebrated her 75th birthday so it won't be forgotten. Now going to catch up with Trooping the Colour as we were travelling when that was on and will raise a glass to her majesty later over dinner.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding

What a great day to have a wedding... congratulations to you and your daughter Dave.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Default Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hope all celebrating here in the UK and across the commonwealth have a great weekend - my little girl got married yesterday (with platinum rings) & my big sis celebrated her 75th birthday so it won't be forgotten. Now going to catch up with Trooping the Colour as we were travelling when that was on and will raise a glass to her majesty later over dinner.
    Congrats to your daughter and new son in law and to your sister.
    If you are watching the Trooping of the Colour watch out for a ho4rse going down in the top right hand corner of the screen. It happens just as the trumpeter gallops around the perimeter. Don't know if he spooked the nag in question but haven't seen it referred to since.

Just seen a couple of the other posts and just want to say that as a 10 year old I watched the Coronation in black and white on a 10" screen and can still remember it quite clearly to this day. Hey Ho! I must be getting old!

Happy Jubilee Weekend to everyone!

Things have been a bit hectic recently, so I've seen some of it but missed a lot.

Event-wise, I barely remember watching the Moon landing as a three-year-old, so Coronations are out of the question!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post

I never actually met Her Majesty, but did meet The Duke of Edinburgh at a Test Match at Trent Bridge, and also Charles and Camilla at Sandringham.

Mrs K. has also met William and Kate to whom she presented a posy of flowers on behalf of the Embroiderers Guild.
    We found them all very friendly and approachable.

To say that I have led my Parliamentary Musketeers in many re-enactment shows down the years, I am still really a staunch Royalist.

Rob.
    My Royal encounters have all come through Re-enactment...

Prince Edward at the Premiere of "Eric the Viking" in 1989 - we "Vikings" were his guard of honour.

Princess Margaret at the Royal Welsh Show in the early 90s - we 'fought' in drag, recreating the 'Rebecca Riots', and my mate lost his dress whilst running in front of the "Royal Box"!

Princess Anne at an otherwise-unremembered Re-enactment also in the 90s - she stepped across he safety rope to sample food from our steaming cauldron; she said it was "All right, because such safety rules don't apply to me"!
    Ballsy - she even survived our cooking!

Best of all, Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh - in Windsor Great Park, he came out to watch a practice combat training session, and ended up bashing me on the shield with a borrowed axe!
    He then asked to swap, and have me hit him on his shield, but his armed <<guns>> security wouldn't allow it;
    "He wants me to do it." I said.
    "He wants a lot of things, Sir" replied the security chief "He doesn't always get them".
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Happy jubilee everyone, congrats Dave, glad it went well.

Similar Missions

1. Queen's Platinum Jubilee
    By camelbeagle in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2022, 03:26
  2. 300%KS. 90.000 $. Happy!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2017, 01:38
  3. Happy As
    By Baxter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5