Ares Games

Thread: Eh up all.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Simon
    Sorties Flown

Default Eh up all.

Hi all,

Just joined this week. Flying out of Leeds, Yorkshire.

I've just started playing using the BoB starter set and have invested in some new additions;

• Another Messerschmitt bf 109 and Supermarine Spitfire V1 so I can fly 3v3 on a pretty even playing field.
    • 2 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate's. To fly against...
    • 1 P-47D Thunderbolt &
    • Douglas A-24 Banchee
    • 2 Bombers, an Avro Lancaster B Mkii, and a
    • Dornier Do.17Z

I'm playing solo, so I'm making the 1-12 template + the automa sheets work for me. Just trying to figure out some house rules to stop the AI planes flying off the board.

Hi again Simon,

Good to see you made it to the Squadron Flight Office to officially register your arrival. I can now officially welcome you to the Drome.
    I'm sure that you will soon work out your best rules to suit your requirements from the advice given to you by your fellow pilots.

Just remember to watch your six and beware the Hun in the Sun.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome Simon, from Vancouver Island.

You look like you've made a good start on WGS. Lots of resources and assistance can be found here on the Forum, so you are in the right place.

Enjoy!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Hi Simon, welcome to the 'Drome from a displaced Yorkshireman (Daan Saaf in London).

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have - we're a friendly bunch, and usually quite helpful.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome, Simon, from an ex-pat Lancashire lad who now resides in Portland, Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt View Post
    Hi all,

Just joined this week. Flying out of Leeds, Yorkshire.

I've just started playing using the BoB starter set and have invested in some new additions;

• Another Messerschmitt bf 109 and Supermarine Spitfire V1 so I can fly 3v3 on a pretty even playing field.
    • 2 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate's. To fly against...
    • 1 P-47D Thunderbolt &
    • Douglas A-24 Banchee
    • 2 Bombers, an Avro Lancaster B Mkii, and a
    • Dornier Do.17Z

I'm playing solo, so I'm making the 1-12 template + the automa sheets work for me. Just trying to figure out some house rules to stop the AI planes flying off the board.
    Welcome or Bienvenue to the Drome . WW2 is a great choice of game and the solo rules members files on the forum work well.
    Bon Voyage
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Ello Simon , from Hertforshire. Dive in n enjoy yerself.

Hi Simon, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the 'Drome' Simon from down here in West Yorkshire, unlike Flying Helmut (see post 4 above) I've gone the other way. A Peckham lad now residing between Doncaster and Leeds. Talking about Doncaster, has anyone mentioned our annual Doncaster get together at the end of September? You can look up the details on this site.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Hello Simon, enjoy the game and the folk here who will help you with any questions. Please post AAR's of your games for us to enjoy too.

Welcome to the 'drome Simon, from a dingy Dorset this morning, sounds like you've made a good start on emptying your bank account !

Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt View Post
    ...Just trying to figure out some house rules to stop the AI planes flying off the board.
    The answer to this is to be the I in AI and change the cards to prevent it happening. If there are possible options roll a die to decide which is employed.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes (ohio usa) Simon looks like youre off to a good start!

Welcome, Simon, from the bluegrass state, KY, USA

Users Country Flag

Name
    Billy
    Sorties Flown

Hello Simon. Looks like you are off to a “flying start”.

A bit late, but (welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.
    Don't forget to check out the fils threads: lots of additional resources there.