Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deck evaluation - maneuverability

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Edit: Dave I don't think Q and W are average decks.
    They only have three moves over the basic set, an Immel & a pair steep sharp turns, so it's how it shakes out for me without having to make up values for manoeuvres. Average is not a good word, maybe Improved would be a better fit as they are better than the normal. Perhaps that should be called average?
    Basic: H,K,Y
    Average: A, G, P, S, T, V (1 - just the Immel)
    Improved: B, E, I, J, Q, R(n), W (3)
    Good: C, D, F, Fr, N, R(a), U, X (5)
    Better: M, O (7)
    Best: L (8)

"He is wise who watches"

The 90 deg turns make them stand out and maneuverable. They are "Good" in my book. I would not put them in the same group with B, E, I, J, R(n). This is probably matter of taste, but if i had a choice to pick a deck from your "Improved" group, Q and W would be no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Nice! Wonderful information. Can you make a .pdf and add it to the file section?
    Dan

Right Click and select Print
    Your printer setting should allow you to save as PDF

Let me know if you can't do that and I will email you a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    The 90 deg turns make them stand out and maneuverable. They are "Good" in my book. I would not put them in the same group with B, E, I, J, R(n). This is probably matter of taste, but if i had a choice to pick a deck from your "Improved" group, Q and W would be no brainer.
    Well, as I explained, it's simply how it worked out. From that category I'd take a fighter plane with a Q deck or tandem with a W over the others in their respective speed category, that's just common sense. I've flown the Q deck many a time against decks in the Good category of the same speed and struggled to best them so I'm good with how it worked out.

"He is wise who watches"

An update is up. This time it is interactive. You can design your own deck and send it to the system for evaluation.
    It is a beta, may still have quirks.

Name:  evaluation-preview-1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  119.6 KB

http://www.hoho.cz/wog/evaluation/

Now you can load an official deck to the main form, and then edit it and send for evaluation instead of assembling it from the scratch.

Name:  evaluation-preview-2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  30.3 KB

I understand that Andrea used a linear formula to assign point values to the planes, but I don't think that value of individual manuevers can be calculated in that manner. In other words, the whole manuever deck is worth more than the sum of its cards. For example, in my opinion, two 90 degree turns has more than twice the value of just one because the former allows you to spin 180 degrees in two phases (besides just Turn X, Phase 3/Turn Y, Phase 1).

Sure, that’s why the variety bonus

Wow Honza, you put lot of work and thoughts into this. Great work. I also like it visualy a lot, as a whole wog app. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetr View Post
    Wow Honza, you put lot of work and thoughts into this. Great work. I also like it visualy a lot, as a whole wog app. Keep up the good work.
    What he said!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

There were a few bugs in the code that caused minor value swings. Corrected.
    I added a few hypothetical maneuvers like a non-steep stall turn or steep short slip just to make it symmetrical.

That might come in handy for the unofcom members if they're looking at creating a deck for the stats.

"He is wise who watches"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WW2 Series 6 Short Pictorial Evaluation
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-06-2016, 13:33
  2. J Maneuverability Deck
    By Royals in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 03:25
  3. Mission 4: Combat Evaluation