Thread: R.I.P. David Pollard (Naharaht) 1951-2022

Default R.I.P. David Pollard (Naharaht) 1951-2022

Name: David Pollard
    1st August 1951 - 28th January 2022

User Name: Naharaht
    Total Posts: 11,018
    Aerial Victories: 88
    Medals:

It is with a heavy heart that we must bid a final farewell to David Pollard (a.k.a. Naharaht). Rob and I were concerned that we had not heard from David (Naharaht) in some time. Unfortunately David has passed away after a short illness at the end of January, not long after his final post on the 21st (of January), his funeral was on March 9th.

David was one of the very first pilots on the Aerodrome (No.145 joining on 14/9/2009) and over the next 13 years was a regular presence at many shows across the Midlands and the Northern parts of the country, as well as being a participant in nearly all the annual Doncaster events. In addition to his commitment to Wings, he was a major player on the Sails scene holding the rank of Admiral on our Anchorage site, where his energy and enthusiasm will be greatly missed. David was calm and quietly spoken but had a really strong knowledge of early aviation history which he was only to willing to share. David was also one of our forum's most prolific contributors racking up an impressive 11,018 posts up to and including his final entry on the 21st of January this year. He was also a keen photographer at shows and events with 2766 of his pictures being shared with his colleagues here on the Wings forum, a real indication of the love he had for the game, the forum and his fellow flyers.

David was a proud Yorkshireman, having been born in Shelby, (his birthday coinciding with Yorkshire Day) He never forgot his Yorkshire roots and always made a point of wearing a white rose on his birthday. David was a much respected maths teacher with a love of history. An intelligent man, he spoke several languages including Latin, Russian, French and German. David obtained a maths degree from the University of Durham where he indulges one of his great passions... chess, representing the University in chess tournaments before also being part of Durham’s University Challenge team.

David was a regular churchgoer and was a major figure in his local parish community, he was a member of the choir a skilled musician and even sound engineer. He also fulfilled the role of safeguarding lead for the group of churches linked to his home parish of Mulbarton in Norfolk. David was also long term carer for his mum Edna who sadly passed away last year. It is amazing how little we know of people at times and certainly that was the case with David.

It is a real shame that we were unaware of David's illness or his untimely passing as I am sure we would like to have had some representatives at his funeral. We will make sure we raise a glass in David's honour at future events.

Farewell and Fly High David.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...AHARAHT)-R-I-P
    Last edited by flash; 01-25-2024 at 11:19.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Similar Missions

1. Attack 2022 Devizes. 16-17 July 2022
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-23-2022, 08:12
  2. DAVID (NAHARAHT) R.I.P.
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-31-2022, 13:54
  3. Naharaht?
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing