Ares Games

Thread: DAVID (NAHARAHT) R.I.P.

Default DAVID (NAHARAHT) R.I.P.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you of the passing of one of our own. Rob and I were concerned that we had not heard from David (Naharaht) in some time (since the end of January) and he had not responded to any PMs or personal emails. I knew he was a man of faith and heavily involved in his local church, so I searched through his local church's website and found a couple of pictures of David in the church choir. I emailed the vicar to see if he could tell us anything, then had the idea to search the Parish Weekly Sheets when I found the following notification. Unfortunately David has passed away and his funeral was on March 9th. I wish we had known so that we could have had some representation there to pay our respects.

Makes you realise how important it is that as friends and acquaintances we keep in touch with each other.

Rest in Peace Sir

David Pollard - Funeral, 10am, Wed 9th March, Mulbarton Church
    David Pollard, who has been a long-time friend and supporter of
    Mulbarton Church, a proud and valued member of Mulbarton Community
    Choir, good company at our weekly Open the Book school assemblies, a
    faithful operator of the sound desk at many a church event, safeguarding
    coordinator for the group of churches here, a carer to his (and our)
    beloved Edna until her death in February last year, an animated Bible
    reader; and a loving and prayerful friend to many, unexpectedly died
    recently at his home. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and I
    know many locally will be grieving his passing as well.
    If you would like to attend his funeral at Mulbarton Church, please let
    Adrian know, to help us plan for catering and safety purposes. The family
    would be delighted if as many of David's church and community could
    make it.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Very sad news.

Not altogether unexpected, since David was a prolific poster and a very keen and reliable supporter/player of Wings.
    His silence was deafening.

Rest In Peace, Naharaht
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

In pace requiescat. Clear skies, amigo.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Blue skies, David.

I saw his name on one of the polls today and sent him a PM, hoping for the best (but fearing the worst)
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 05-05-2022 at 19:46.

Very sorry to hear this.
    RIP David.

Oh, such a loss. Rest in peace, David

BTW, a suggestion for relocating this thread...
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...-Fallen-Airmen

Seems like every month between passings and just driftings-away from the game there are ever less of us from the early days here...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Very sad news. Rest in pace David.

Sad news indeed.

Blue skies David
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    BTW, a suggestion for relocating this thread...
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...-Fallen-Airmen

Seems like every month between passings and just driftings-away from the game there are ever less of us from the early days here...
    Will put something on there later, it was very late last night when I found out. I will speak to a few of the chaps and we’ll put something suitable on there ASAP.

Sad news - another stalwart that inspired so many of us - rest in peace Dave.

He will be very much missed both here and over on the sails forums.

Very sorry to hear the news, another of the 'old hands' passes us as he climbs away. RIP David.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    Of sun-split clouds, – and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
    I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air…

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
    I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or ever eagle flew –
    And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

"He is wise who watches"

Default R.I.P. David

R.I.P. David you will be much missed. Blue skies my friend.
    Yes, a great pity we didn't know about the funeral.

Well, this sucks, big-time.

I have notified the shipmates on the Anchorage who do not post here and of course add my condolences to those from the rest of you chaps. Dave was a stalwart, and never failed to support me both as my time as Wingco of the UK Wing and at any event at which he was able to attend.
    Doncaster will not be the same without him.
    Rest in Peace old friend.

Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just seen this, very sad news indeed.
    I can only join others saying what a stalwart he was, not only on our two forums but once he attended a show on the uk cct he attended lots to help out and kerp the flag flying.
    Blue skies to you David and a sad farewell to another member.

Sad news indeed.
    Rest well, old friend, and may the blue skies welcome you.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks for chasing this down Chris, it's a sad thing to find one of our members it's no longer with us but without some form of backup they just drift off into the ether. Such are internet friends.
    I met David once at a show and hoped to repeat the experience, best wishes and may your guns never jam.
    All the best.

So saddened by this. Another great contributor to this Forum that will be missed.

Blue skies and a strong tail wind, David.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Yeah, yeah, 'Taps' is more American than Brit IIRC but it's the symbolism of End of Watch.

So sorry to hear this. Very sad news. It's always a heavy blow to lose one of our valuable members here. He will be greatly missed.

Sorry to hear this, best wishes to his family.

A great contributor gone. R.I.P.

Thank you Chris (Hedeby) to let us know.
    Sad new.

Waiting to see this information to be published in the Hall of the fallen airmen.

It would be also an opportunity to publish the one about Barry (Gully Raker) who left us on July 2021.
    Last edited by monse; 05-08-2022 at 02:20.

Users Country Flag

Name
    lankin
    Sorties Flown

sorry to hear that, my condolences to his family and friends.

Hard to believe another pilot has fallen.

Although I only knew him through his posts and his attendance at Doncaster he was always generous with his time and knowlegde of the game and military history.

My condolences to his extended family.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

RIP david. i never met him, but i certainly read and enjoyed his prolific content. condolences to family and friends.

R.I.P David. You were a true gentleman and an inspiration. I will raise a glass in your honour.

Chris, in recognition of David's long history of service to the community we posthumously awarded him the Site Service Medal over at the Anchorage. I was wondering where to suggest the same over here, with his even longer record on this side of the house.

I have amended David’s entry in The Hall of Fallen Airmen, following a conversation with his local vicar.
    It’s incredible just how little we knew about the man beyond the gaming table.... how many of us represented their University on University Challenge for one?

Thanks Dan, let’s hope it’s a long time before I have to write another one.

Clearly a private guy but one who gave so much to this and his local communities.
    Is there anything we can contribute to his local area to keep his name and spirit alive Chris ?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Hadn’t thought of that Paul, I can message the vicar again and see.

For something to perpetuate his memory among the offline Wings community, maybe consider establishing the David Pollard Memorial Trophy at a con tourney?

Good idea, it can be a chess set.

(just saw this...spoke with him a few times...)
    Rest in Peace Sir
    Salute.

you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Good idea, it can be a chess set.
    Or maybe a chess knight with a plane in top... ("Knights of the Air")

I like that DB.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Oh my ..., I only just read about Dave's passing away. Comes as quite a shock really. Such a good knowledgeable bloke, always there to help with info.
    I'm happy to have met him at the Doncaster Cons I attented.
    RIP David
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Similar Missions

1. Naharaht?
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2022, 01:25
  2. David Bowie R.I.P.
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 20:54
  3. Fake e-mail warning about naharaht@global.net.ba
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10