Ares Games

Thread: Targets not to be hit

Default Targets not to be hit

These cards can be added by the target, but unlike the target, they must not be hit (penalty).

La Brasserie de Papa Langolis (Brewery of Papa Langlois). If you hit it, you have to drink soda during the following pub debriefing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brewery.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	314092
    Last edited by Honza; 05-01-2022 at 23:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    La Brasserie de Papa Langolis (Brewery of Papa Langlois). If you hit it, you have to drink soda during the following pub debriefing.
    Dang, that's a harsh penalty
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Shouldn't the trucks be backed up to a loading dock?
    An interesting card which I have to add to my growing collection.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Yes they should. Unless they are on strike
    Good catch!

Sounds almost like Nam... Hanoi knew diplomatic quarters were off limits, so they'd place supply dumps around those and dare us to hit 'em.

Some of Milosevic's forces in Bosnia did the same thing parking tanks, artillery etc. next to schools, churches, other No Hit targets... until some USAF officers got creative and put laser-guidance kits onto concrete-blivet training rounds. Even with no boom, 500lb of concrete falling on you from an F-16 20,000 feet still ruins your day...

Interesting idea to add some realism, by making Oops Wrong Targets have tangible consequences... safe bet that a pilot who fragged a No Hit wouldn't be in the bar for drinks afterward, good chance he'd be confined to quarters awaiting Review Board or worse.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

I updated the card. The strike is over and Papa Langlois has his brand name on trucks.

Papa Langlois beer trucks on the way to their own target.

Name:	beer delivery.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	748.9 KB 
ID:	314088

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Papa Langlois beer trucks on the way to their own target.

Name:	beer delivery.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	748.9 KB 
ID:	314088
    Oh that could be fun, have multiple truck convoys on the board and you have to hit a specific one while not hitting the others... say, a scenario of one enemy "critical cargo" target, two enemy decoys and one or two friendlies. Could be fun as a faster-paced version of a "balloon soccer" event we tried at Enfilade long ago--the object was fly across the table and smoke the other team's balloon while preventing them from doing same to yours's.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Love the cards!

All downloaded and ready for printing.

REP!
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 05-01-2022 at 15:39.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Great idea! I'll definitely be using this concept in the future.

Thanks guys, i updated the Brewery once more for more detail and less nonsense.

Oh that could be fun, have multiple truck convoys on the board and you have to hit a specific one while not hitting the others... say, a scenario of one enemy "critical cargo" target, two enemy decoys and one or two friendlies. Could be fun as a faster-paced version of a "balloon soccer" event we tried at Enfilade long ago--the object was fly across the table and smoke the other team's balloon while preventing them from doing same to yours's.
    There could be 3 attached cards of beer tracks with different numbers on their back sides. A recon aircraft would have to flip them till they find say "3" and that would be the target. The other two would be illegal targets. Then the bombers come and bomb the legal target. If they hit the illegal target, they will be penalized.
    Last edited by Honza; 05-02-2022 at 01:17.

Interesting idea...I like it.

but just think of the secondary (and tertiary, etc) explosions if you did hit the brewery!!! it would be glorious! glorious!

It would make the owner hop-ing mad!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thank you so much!

Is ther ea link for the download?

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Dang, that's a harsh penalty
    Karl
    Let's make it stronger... hit the brewery and not only no drinks for you, YOU buy the round.

Similar Missions

1. Possible Targets
    By Naharaht in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-09-2018, 19:15
  2. Naval targets
    By Honza in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2016, 14:30
  3. Targets
    By Ragnar200 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7