Ares Games

Thread: First class workmanship by an air mechanic!

Default First class workmanship by an air mechanic!

Clivedon Manor hosted house parties in the interwar years, and anyone who was anyone, would be invited. One hot afternoon, a guest arrived in a Bentley which was misfiring badly, watched by a gentleman who was serving drinks from a tray to other guests. This man came over, and the driver said he’d like someone to have the garage come out to the car in the morning. The man said he knew something about engines, and might he take a look?
    After a moment doing something under the bonnet, he asked the driver to try the engine. It purred like a kitten. Problem solved. The guest told Lord Astor, “You want to look after that excellent chap of yours, Astor. My car was playing up and he fixed it in a jiffy – I hope you don’t mind, I gave him ten bob.” Lord Astor replied, “Mind? No, I don’t mind – but you will dine out upon it.” “How so?” “Well who else do you know who’s had his engine tuned by Lawrence of Arabia?”

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Great story Rob, Cliveden certainly was party central... just ask John Profumo

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Similar Missions

1. Lt. Anthony J. Arkell & Air Mechanic Albert T. C. Stagg
    By Honza in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-24-2022, 05:36
  2. C Class Coastal Balloons
    By RJG173 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2022, 12:22
  3. Zeppelin P Class
    By BwanaJoe in forum Hobby Room