Ares Games

Thread: Partizan Sunday 22nd May 2022

Default Partizan Sunday 22nd May 2022

Just to confirm chaps and any chapess that we are down for this show.

When Sunday 22nd May 2022

Where George Stephenson Exhibition Hall, Newark and Nottinghamshire Showground,
    Lincoln Road, Winthorpe,
    Newark.
    NG24 2NY

We have two tables booked , one for WW1 and a second for the Sails team. So looking for volunteers for the WW1 table.
    Myself, Rob and Simon will be on the Sails table, plus any one else, so its the Wings side we need to look at.
    Tried for a third table for WW2 but this year theyvare full. However we can try a third table next year if there is a willingness to participate.
    So look forward to seeing all again in Newarkl

I'm in!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Chris. While I'm hoping to attend it will be as a common punter (with the emphasis on common I hear you cry) as my mobility problems continue to get worse. I'll of course pop by and say hello but won't be joining in I'm afraid.
    I had hoped to be at Hammerhead but had to settle for a collapse and stay in Hospital instead.

Obviously I’m in, week after my birthday, so I might even have some pocket money, lol
    WW1 table please.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I just checked my calendar, I am already booked for something else on the 22nd, so cannot come

Lest we forget

Car loaded... see you tomorrow chaps. Aiming to arrive about 08:45...

me and deadly M have now got a clear calendar so we will be there also will try to get there early to help set up

Just seen this!

With no update since April 13th, until Chris posted after 20:00 last night, and with 'Partizan' NOT being on the Calendar, I'd forgotten all about it....

Too late for me to head up now.

Hi All
    I won't be able to make it today as I overdid it yesterday at the N.E.C. and due to circumstances beyond my control I wasn't able to do the N.E.C. on Friday as originally planned!

Apologies Tim, didn’t realise it wasn’t in the calendar. I have put the Other PARTIZAN and BRITCON on to the calendar

Blimey, what a busy show !
    As always nice to see some friendly faces, big call out to Chris (Boney10) for running the Sails table, ably assisted by Simon (Maverick) and Neil (Skafloc) and Andy (Simon’s son). On the wings table can I give a special mention to Andy and Marian (Hawkhurst and Deadly M), without whom I would have been flying solo today. Nice to see Doug (Merlin 45) and Simon (Syborg3D) on our travels around the hall.

I will post some photo’s and a game summary later, but it was a ridiculous day for the RFC (Andy and guests) and a shocker for Marian and I. The final score across three hard fought games was RFC 12, Germans 5. (we did destroy a bridge though).
    Star of the day was Andy with 8 kills... Marian and I tied for the wooden spoon with both of us shot down 6 times.

Nice to see the traders so busy, a good sign for the future of the hobby.

One final thing, one of the organisers was chatting to me... he is looking to offload a large (100+) collection of planes... but check this out, not only are they all in original boxes, most are still sealed and a lot of them are in the original Kickstarter delivery box, which remains sealed... I gave him our details and hopefully he will be joining the forum shortly with a view to giving us first refusal on his collection. So watch this space.

Sounds like you had a blast chaps. The first one that I have missed out on for donkey's years, butwith Mrs K's pre med a week tomorrow we could not risk my passing anything Covid related to her.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

This year's Partizan in a few choice images

Name:  20220522_113701.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  115.1 KB
    So decided to go old school on the mats for a change, it was nice to bring out the original East & West Wings of War mats.

Name:  20220522_113714.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  129.4 KB
    Andy preparing his early assault, Marian and I still smiling as we hadn't been shot down yet.

Name:  20220522_113721.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  121.8 KB
    The Boaty Boys (or should that be buoys?) underway on the adjoining table.

Name:  20220522_114142.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  88.9 KB
    Early action, I had forgotten how good the old mats look in photos

Name:  20220522_120854.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  79.7 KB
    Incredible !!! prior to the firing phase there were 4 planes in a row... the front 3 all shot down at the same time (and yes that's Andy's plane at the back of the line grinning)

Name:  20220522_121951.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  99.0 KB
    Changed it up for the second game, brought out a couple of Gotha's to bomb a vital bridge...

Name:  20220522_124335.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  108.4 KB
    So close... blew up the on ramp, the surrounding area, the road and the river bank but missed the central span of the bridge, it didn't help that the 2 Gotha's collided when making their bombing runs. We didnt get a chance to make a second pass as both bombers were heartlessly shot down minutes later.

Name:  20220522_142251.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  92.4 KB
    For the third and final game the Germans sent a flight of light bombers in at the same bridge

Name:  20220522_142949.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  106.3 KB
    Mixed results on this raid, the bridge was destroyed this time, however all 3 planes were lost, the final one downed 2 inches from the edge of the mat and safety... Bugger !

Thanks again to Andy & Marian for their help throughout the day
    Last edited by Hedeby; 05-23-2022 at 03:22.

Thanks for your magnificent pictures Chris.
    I have unashamedly nicked the boaty boys one to put on the Anchorage.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Great pics and I love the crash fire & smoke markers

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Blimey, what a busy show !
    As always nice to see some friendly faces, big call out to Chris (Boney10) for running the Sails table, ably assisted by Simon (Maverick) and Neil (Skafloc) and Andy (Simon’s son). On the wings table can I give a special mention to Andy and Marian (Hawkhurst and Deadly M), without whom I would have been flying solo today. Nice to see Doug (Merlin 45) and Simon (Syborg3D) on our travels around the hall.

I will post some photo’s and a game summary later, but it was a ridiculous day for the RFC (Andy and guests) and a shocker for Marian and I. The final score across three hard fought games was RFC 12, Germans 5. (we did destroy a bridge though).
    Star of the day was Andy with 8 kills... Marian and I tied for the wooden spoon with both of us shot down 6 times.

Nice to see the traders so busy, a good sign for the future of the hobby.

One final thing, one of the organisers was chatting to me... he is looking to offload a large (100+) collection of planes... but check this out, not only are they all in original boxes, most are still sealed and a lot of them are in the original Kickstarter delivery box, which remains sealed... I gave him our details and hopefully he will be joining the forum shortly with a view to giving us first refusal on his collection. So watch this space.
    Got a name for this guy Chris so we can flag him up as legitimate ?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Nice pictures - thanks, Chris.

Yes, those old 1st Generation mats do look good!

syborg3d's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Simon
    Sorties Flown

Nice to see you Chris and yes, it was a busy show.

thank you for mentioning me and my small business and for showing people where we were.

Similar Missions

1. Sunday 22nd May 2012 Triples Sheffield
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2021, 19:47
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 12:06
  3. The Other Partizan Sunday 19th August 2018
    By Naharaht in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2018, 14:56
  4. Partizan Sunday May 20th 2018