Ares Games

Thread: Returning after long absence

Users Country Flag

Name
    Garth
    Sorties Flown

Default Returning after long absence

All I am finally returning after a long absence. Many challenges took me out of the cockpit and now I've decided (along with several flight surgeons)to return.
    In the past I had tried to sell on most of my WWI collection. I am sorry to have gone radio silent during that time and left several on the ready line without resolution.
    It is my duty to report the loss of most of the aircraft due to house flooding and I cannot go forward with the offer of the past. For this I apologize to all.
    For the future, it is good to be among the group again! I will be mining the vast store of knowledge to help with the additions to my WW2 collection. In particular P47, F6F, P38, F4U-!D and FW-190A cards. As well as any news as to state of the game.
    Cheers and Tally Ho!

Welcome back. What was your original handle and when did you leave the forum?

Welcome back to the aerodrome Garth

Users Country Flag

Name
    Garth
    Sorties Flown

Red face Past handle

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Welcome back. What was your original handle and when did you leave the forum?
    Original handle was GBear58. A left over from my days of pushing a helicopter around for the Army. As i am completely hopes at times with the wonders of modern technology I was unable to recover the original log in.

Welcome back to the 'Drome, Garth!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Garth.
    Welcome home.

GBear58 is still active with 58 posts to your credit. If you wish you can continue with that or I can change the current monika over to it for you.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome back, Garth. Sorry to hear about the collection, which probably meant the loss of a few other treasures.

If you are looking for specific cards, there are a few custom ones around the Forum. Check the 'Official Painting' threads, too. Random acts of carding have been known to occur for the odd custom repaint.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Garth
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Welcome back, Garth. Sorry to hear about the collection, which probably meant the loss of a few other treasures.

If you are looking for specific cards, there are a few custom ones around the Forum. Check the 'Official Painting' threads, too. Random acts of carding have been known to occur for the odd custom repaint.
    In terms of hobby loss that was the smallest loss in recent days. I knew this group would come through with help!
    I had all but given up on any hobby related activity. My son suggested getting back to take my mind off of my concerns.
    It was so successful i'm organizing a Battle of Britain game for a local FLGS. Radar station in the works and pics to follow.
    Thanks!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Garth
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Garth.
    Welcome home.

GBear58 is still active with 58 posts to your credit. If you wish you can continue with that or I can change the current monika over to it for you.

Rob.
    Rob, yes please transfer all to the old GBear58 and let me know what i need to do to log on properly!
    Thanks!

Hi Garth.
    I can't merge this thread with your other, but if you know your password for GBear58 you can use it to log on to your old account and then repost the first message from here. I will then see if I can transfer these to it.
    If you don't have your password, PM me with a temp one. I will then change your old one to that. When I let you know it is done you can go on and alter it to your own private choice. After that I'll try and move the new thread.
    Rob. l
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. National: Back - and apologizing for my absence
    By Sam Urai in forum US Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2021, 20:49
  2. Maintenance absence.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 07:18
  3. Moving on after long absence (thinking about selling collection)
    By Ginarley in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 21:32
  4. Returning to Duty!!!
    By crashx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 16:20