Ares Games

Thread: Looking for Flyboys decals

Default Looking for Flyboys decals

Hello,

A few years ago there was a seller on ebay called Mehusla aka 144 Direct who sold decals. He's stopped for whatever reason, but one of his old decal sheets had a set of crossed swords, and also a pair of falcons, to match the Fokker Dr.1 planes from the movie "Flyboys".

I'm sure there is no place I can buy them now. I'm wondering if anyone in the community here has them sitting in their decal collection and doesn't intend to use them. Can I buy them from you? (I'd also like the anchors in the corner of you have them.)

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	144-wog-decals-wwi-fighter-aces_360_77f2b8b676a2a1ab3bb6aeb5a5382fad.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	311868

Brian,

You can get the crossed swords from seller brianh2328 "aviation wing" decals on eBay: here
    He also has a lot of others to choose from, quality is very good.

I'm not sure on the anchors.

[QUOTE=brdavis;568080]Hello,

A few years ago there was a seller on ebay called Mehusla aka 144 Direct who sold decals. He's stopped for whatever reason, but one of his old decal sheets had a set of crossed swords, and also a pair of falcons, to match the Fokker Dr.1 planes from the movie "Flyboys".

/QUOTE]

mehusla 1/144 direct retired from the decal business, and sold off his remaining stock in an ebay-based "fire sale" a few years back.

He got a "cease and desist" order from the film company re: the Flyboys decals' so was forbidden from listing them for sale.

He re-jigged that particular decal sheet so that it no longer included them.

I might have one or other of those sheets - I'll have a look when I'm at home next.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The "crossed scimitars" on the Aviation Wings decal sheet are a bit different from the mehusla ones...

I used to have both, and compared them.

The Aviation Wings scimitars are for Vzfw. Kohler of Jasta 9

Name:	Jasta 9    February 1917 (37).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	311869

This white square has no black vertical edges, and has no tiny Number digits included on it.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 02-24-2022 at 09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

mehusla 1/144 direct retired from the decal business, and sold off his remaining stock in an ebay-based "fire sale" a few years back.

He got a "cease and desist" order from the film company re: the Flyboys decals' so was forbidden from listing them for sale.

He re-jigged that particular decal sheet so that it no longer included them.

I might have one or other of those sheets - I'll have a look when I'm at home next.
    That's what I had read that there was some legal reason that he had to redesign that sheet. I have the re-designed sheets without those particular decals. Thanks for checking, I look forward to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Brian,

You can get the crossed swords from seller brianh2328 "aviation wing" decals on eBay: here
    He also has a lot of others to choose from, quality is very good.

I'm not sure on the anchors.
    Thanks for the response, I've used several of the Dr. 1 decals from aviationwings but didn't know about the swords on that particular sheet.

Is there anyone who has a sheet with the Kissenberth flower? Or do you know of another seller who has a similar decal?

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    That's what I had read that there was some legal reason that he had to redesign that sheet. I have the re-designed sheets without those particular decals. Thanks for checking, I look forward to your response.
    Hi Brian

Sorry. I only have one sheet, which I'm hoping to use myself.
    I had a lead on another, owned by someone else, but can't get hold of him. If I do, I'll secure it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Is there anyone who has a sheet with the Kissenberth flower? Or do you know of another seller who has a similar decal?
    Apart from that "mehusla 1/144 direct" sheet shown above, the only other Kissenberth edelweiss I've seen was on a decal sheet produced by Cal Faber as a part of his "Aviation Wings" decal sheet series.
    I've got a photo on my laptop - I'll post it here when I'm not at work!

Hi Brian

Sorry. I only have one sheet, which I'm hoping to use myself.
    I had a lead on another, owned by someone else, but can't get hold of him. If I do, I'll secure it for you.
    Thanks Tim, I appreciate your efforts.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Cal Faber's 'Aviation Wings' "Albatros Aces" decal sheet

Name:	Aviation Wings Albatros Aces Decal Sheet.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	312438

Kissenberth "flower" at the bottom right.

Tim, Awesome! Are those still available anywhere?

Cal Faber's 'Aviation Wings' "Albatros Aces" decal sheet

Kissenberth "flower" at the bottom right.
    I've ordered many Aviation Wings decals but have never even seen this sheet before. Is this available for purchase anywhere?

Tim, Awesome! Are those still available anywhere?
    I've ordered many Aviation Wings decals but have never even seen this sheet before. Is this available for purchase anywhere?
    I've only ever seen ONE of these sheets - my sheet!

I bought it direct from the designer, Cal Faber, just before he disappeared from the 'Drome.

He had a print run produced in Japan, of which my "Albatros Aces" sheet is one. There must be others, but I've never seen them listed for sale anywhere.

He also did a "Fokker D.VII" sheet, and, of all things, a "Flyboys" sheet...

The "Fokker D.VII Aces" sheet - used...

Name:	20220304_120829.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	312450

Buchner's "werewolf" decals sent to another 'Dromer.

There was another scheme in mid-sheet, which I have used, but I can't remember whose scheme it was!

Similar Missions

1. Flyboys Cards for Nieuport 17 / 21
    By FLt Brown in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-22-2020, 00:15
  2. What I've learned after seeing the movie Flyboys
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 12:26
  3. Here's some more music for you flyboys
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0