Ares Games

Thread: AAR: Scenario 2 - Find the Flat Tops

Default AAR: Scenario 2 - Find the Flat Tops

Foreword:
    Sometimes a blue towel can be the entire Pacific Ocean.

Section of the Tsubai Squadron, 703 Koukutai, Carrier Hiryū, 2nd Carrier Division searching the American Flat Tops

Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa looked at his wingman, Kaigun Shōi Masaoki Sakai, as he was looking around, trying to find the enemy fleet. They were in silence for 15 minutes already and it was nice. It was also nice to have radios in their planes to speak with each other if they wanted to. Not all zeroes had them or had good ones. As a Lieutenant he had one. The problem were these scout missions... If he was looking for enemy fleets he wouldn't be able to launch in a strike. "Aaaah... Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa?!" His trail of thoughts was interrupted by his wingman. "Ai! What is it, Sakai-san?"

"Are those birds?!" Nishizawa looked around. "Where?!" "Twelve o'clock." He looked carefully. "Ie! Those are Americans also scouting for our fleet." He looked carefully at them. "They saw us already."

"Pincet maneuver on my mark, Sakai-san!" He looked at his wingman. They were both eager. "Ai! Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa?! This means that their carrier is close-by?"

"Turn right Sakai-san!" Both planes opened up left and right. "Their carrier can be two hundred miles away... But if we can damage one of them enough we can shadow him..." Sakai replied with a happy voice. "We will do that!"

"Sakai-san!" "Iosh!" Nishizawa cleared his throat. "In case of being damaged beyond combat abilities..." "Ai! Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa?!" Nishizawa hesitated. "Do not fly in the direction of our fleet. Try to land on an island." There was a moment of silence. "Domo arigato! For pointing that out Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa! That makes complete sense." Nishizawa nodded in the solitude of his cockpit.

"They are sliding in your direction Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa!" He nodded as he surveyed the flight abilities of the American. "It's a sensible thing to do, Sakai-san. They sensed who is the most experiente pilot from both of us. Now circle around them and make them pay for their foolishness!"

What are they trying to do, Nishizawa thought. Why don't they break formation? But then they start shooting and he locked on one of them.

"They are shooting at you Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa! Are you alright?! Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa?!"

"I am alright, Sakai-san! We just trade some kisses. Do you intend to join in the party?!" He heard Sakai laugh and smiled. He know that it wasn't common to make jokes during a combat but it always kept him confident and calm. He hoped that it would also work for Sakai.

"I'm here and I bring flowers, Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa!" Nishizawa smiled and looked at his wingman approaching. The kid was flying steady and confident. Then he looked back to his prey.

He carefully filled his enemy with canon and machinegun shots. This is the leader, Nishizawa thought. If we take down this one...

"Aaaaah... They didn't like my flowers..." Nishizawa laughed. "Offer them more!"

"What are they doing Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa?!" He looked at the Americans reversing so close to them and he wondered the same.

With ease Nishizawa caught the end of the Wildcat's loop and scored heavily on the American plane.

A trail of flame erupted from its engine and a parachute opened in deep blue. "You got one Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa!"

"Aaaaah... They keep not liking my flowers..." Nishizawa laughed again. "Insist! And Sakai-san..."

"Ai Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa!" Nishizawa smiled to himself. "During flights you can call me Nishizawa-san. You spend too much oxygen saying my entire rank and name." "Ai Kaigun.... I mean Nishizawa-san! I will not betray your confidence."

"Well done Sakai-san! You hit the Wildcat!" Nishizawa smiled. "They finally accepted my flowers!"

Nishizawa suddenly understood. "They are trying to use their heavier planes to zoom in and out!" He heard Sakai getting excited. "So that they don't have to dogfight us." Nishizawa nodded. "Exactly!"

"Aaaah... But Nishizawa-san... It's not working..." Nishizawa looked at the Americans while they tried to reverse quickly.

"It's not working yet, Sakai-san. They are doing it wrong. But soon they will learn how to do it..." And then we'll have a problem, he said to himself.

"I was hit. Aaaah... Nishizawa-san, I think it's starting to work..."

"Then shoot him down so that he can't teach others the new maneuvers..." "Ai Nishizawa-san!

If they master this... this... hit and run technic we'll have a problem, Nishizawa thought. And they are trying it with purpose.

"Good shot Sakai-san!"

"Thank you, sir!"

"Let's make one of them try to escape. Then we'll see from where they are coming."

"Ai! That one is going for another reverse!"

"Your aim is improving! Good shot Sakai-san!"

"What are you doing, Sakai-san?! Keep targeting that Wildcat!"

"Sorry sir... Aaaaah... I thought that we wanted one of them to escape..." "Ai! We do. But just when they decide to escape. Does he seem to be escaping?!"

"Ie! He does not..." "But maybe now he will..."

Nishizawa heard Sakai laugh. "Ai Nishizawa-san. Now he will!"

"Be careful, Sakai! A cornered enemy will fight with doubled strength!"

"Ai! But I think I got it!"

"Congratulations for your kill, Sakai-san!"

"Domo arigato, Nishizawa-san! The third one is escaping!" Nishizawa smiled. "Ai! Let him escape. Let's shadow him to see if he takes us to his carrier."

The Bill:
    Kaigun Chūi Hiroyoshi Nishizawa (Veteran - Evasion) 1 kill in this scenario
    Kaigun Shōi Masaoki Sakai (Standard) 1 kill in this scenario

Rules in effect:
    [I AI planes try to escape if pilot wounded or the moment they have only 2 hits or less remaining.[/I]

Here you can find Hiryū and Tsubai Squadron

Totemo omoshiroi, burakkonin-san, i really like your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    Totemo omoshiroi, burakkonin-san, i really like your photos.
    Domo arigato Fabrizio-san!

Similar Missions

1. AAR Midway Rising: Scenario 2: Find the Flat Tops!
    By NewFlyBoy in forum Midway Rising
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2019, 18:32
  2. BRF Scenario 9: Find the Flat Tops!
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2016, 01:28
  3. AAR: MIdway Rising: Scenario 2: Find the Flat Tops!
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Midway Rising
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 19:42
  4. Scenario 2: Find the Flat Tops!
    By Marechallannes in forum Midway Rising
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 23:38