Ares Games

Thread: Metal kits on E-bay

Default Metal kits on E-bay

Late post but if anyone is interested there are some kits up within the hour. Look up Wings of war in hobbies. Go to auctions. Fair start bid but his shipping might be high.
    Tony

Yep, the shipping is on the high side, but I bid on a few anyway.

I have a mountain of lead and repaints. The only one I wanted to bid on was the AEG with Reverisco decals. Enjoy.
    Tony

I got three as well - Sopwith Dolphin, Nieuport 11, and the Bristol F.2 Fighter. I had thought about bidding on the D.VII, but since it had a bid on it, I figured there was a good chance it was one of us, and I didn't want to bid against a fellow forumite.

Sure thing! Have fun with the build, and take some pics for us!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    I just got 3 a DVII an Albatros CIII and AEG .
    Good on you Grumpy, I was looking at that AEG, but I was out when it ended. Free shipping for me too, as he lives in town. Enjoy 'em.

I just got 3 a DVII an Albatros CIII and AEG .
    Hmmmm... so you are the one who out bid me on the AEG?

Looks like these are all Revieresco kits. Are they now selling via ebay? it does not look like the prices are any lower then buying from their store front.

Zach

That's not John doing the selling just some individual. Actually it was a mix of Reverisco and Skytrex kits. The AEG is a Skytrex kit with a Reverisco decal set. I like the look of the wings on the Skytrex model but I don't think that the fuselage is quite right. Just my opinion.
    Everyone enjoy their builds and post up pics when you are done.
    Tony

Yep, the Nieuport I picked up is a Skytrex. The others are Reviresco.

Sorry about that but Ireally needed a bomber.
    No foul... no harm done. I figured another member of the forum was after it, so I'm not put out by having lost the bid to someone on here.

The guy has put a few more up on ebay, including a couple I'd like to have, but aren't on my list of must-haves.

I cant find these on Ebay.com or Ebay.co.uk can someone link me please so I can have a look

The guy has a pile of planes. He might be having some kind of mid life crises or something. For you guys who won auctions just how high was his shipping? That was his one negative rating.
    Tony

So, the starting price of the Reviresco kits are the same as buying them direct from John McEwen....

Hopefully all you lucky punters didn't have to pay over the odds
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    So, the starting price of the Reviresco kits are the same as buying them direct from John McEwen....

Hopefully all you lucky punters didn't have to pay over the odds
    The Reverisco ones I looked at had some form of decal included. So maybe a little inducement.
    Tony
    Last edited by pflanzer; 01-31-2011 at 11:06.

Exactly, with the decals, and the fact that he was willing to combine shipping, I was able to save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by pflanzer View Post
    The guy has a pile of planes. He might be having some kind of mid life crises or something. For you guys who won auctions just how high was his shipping? That was his one negative rating.
    Tony
    Five bucks to my neck of the woods. Which in my mind is on the high side for a single plane, but not a bad price divided between three planes.

shipping for me was 4.00 dollars total. In country

Shipping sounds fair. I have paid more for less in the past.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by pflanzer View Post
    The Reverisco ones I looked at had some form of decal included. So maybe a little inducement.
    Tony
    OK, fair play then
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

So he relisted what did not sell and I got two Skytrex for 9.99 ea and 3.00 shipping. Probably will take some time to get here but saved me exchange rates on the old credit card. He still has 9 kits up for this week. Some Reverisco some Skytrex looked like some did not have decal sets so be mindful of that.
    Tony

I was thinking about bidding on the SE5a, but then someone bid on it so I held off. I was also thinking about the Junkers D.I, but from the pic it looks like some of the struts might be broken, so that nixed the idea of bidding on it.

I see pfalzdxii has put some finished kits up for sale on ebay. They look really nice, and at $9.99 for a starting bid, that's a real bargain!

Similar Missions

1. Metal Model Peg
    By Coog in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 14:00
  2. Ready for the Crossfire expansion? Go metal
    By pflanzer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 00:18
  3. 1/144 WW2 Minicraft kits
    By IRM in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2