Ares Games

Thread: Yeovil Model Show - Sunday 10th April 2022

Default Yeovil Model Show - Sunday 10th April 2022

***We are no longer attending this event due to lack of support ***

Yeovil Model Show: Sunday 10th April 2022

Ken Bugler one of the organisers of Yeovil model show has sent me the forms to complete, should we have members who want to attend again this year.

Before I commit is anyone else interested in supporting the event ?

Meanwhile here are the details:
    The venue has changed - Now held at Westfield Academy is in Stiby Rd, Yeovil BA21 3EP.
    There is apparently good access, disabled toilets and free parking. It's held in a sports hall and a "Dome", the latter slightly larger than the hall. A range of refreshments will be on offer at reasonable prices including bacon and sausage butties, cakes, snacks, soft drinks, tea and coffee.

The show opens to the public from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm - site open from 7.30 am (earliest) to 6.00 pm.

Each exhibitor will have 12 feet of table space and five free entry wristbands. Additional wristbands are available at half price - ie £2.50 per adult.

How to get to Westfield Academy

From Dorchester:
    Take the A 37 to Yeovil then you get to the roundabout at the top of Hendford hill (the quicksilver mail pub is directly in front of you ) take the 2nd exit down the hill A30 at the bottom of the hill at roundabout take the 2nd exit A30 along the duel carriageway to the next roundabout ( hospital in front of you ) take the 1st exit A37 at next roundabout take 2nd exit A37 toward Ilchester up the hill at traffic lights turn left on to Stiby road, ¼ of a mile to roundabout with co-op on the right, straight across roundabout and Westfield Academy is about ¼ mile on the left.
    When on the site follow the one-way system, to the sports hall and dome to unload.

From Sherborne:
    Take the A30 to Yeovil at the bottom of Babylon hill at the roundabout take the 2nd exit A30 into Yeovil past the Pen Mill Hotel on your right to the traffic lights, then straight on A30 bearing right up over Reckleford duel carriageway to the hospital roundabout take the 3rd exit A37 at next roundabout take 2nd exit A37 toward Ilchester up the hill; at traffic lights turn left on to Stiby road, ¼ of a mile to roundabout with co-op on the right, straight across roundabout and Westfield Academy is about ¼ mile on the left. When on the site follow the one-way system, to the sports hall and dome to unload.

From the A303 north or south:
    Take the turning to Ilchester A37 at the roundabout take the 2nd exit A37 to Yeovil follow the road to the next roundabout take the 2nd exit A37 toward town centre, past Tesco express on right hand side until you get to traffic lights turn right onto Stiby road, ¼ of a mile to roundabout with co-op on the right, straight across roundabout and Westfield Academy is about ¼ mile on the left.
    When on the site follow the one-way system, to the sports hall and dome to unload.
    Last edited by flash; 04-07-2022 at 09:52.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

That's within range - provided it doesn't clash with Prague.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks Tim, I will see if I can drum up some further assistance on Wednesday night.

I should be able to make that weekend.

I have answered in the affirmative and there looks like there will be support from the Wednesday Night crew so we should have a good day of gaming if all goes well.

I'll join you if I can - just not certain as yet.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'll join you if I can - just not certain as yet.
    No worries.

Should be able to make this one.

Good news

This one's coming up fast now !

For those attending we will be located in the Dome, you can't miss it. I hope to be there by nine to give me time to set up.
    Last edited by flash; 04-04-2022 at 01:44.

Pulling the plug on this event due to lack of interest/support.

Similar Missions

1. South England Yeovil Model Show 24th October 2021
    By mikeemagnus in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2021, 06:53
  2. South England Yeovil Model Show
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2020, 15:01
  3. South England Yeovil Model Show