Ares Games

Thread: Problems joining the site

Default Problems joining the site

There are a couple of guys in the Official WoG Facebook page that say they are having trouble joining the Aerodrome. This is the second time I've heard about people having problems joining in the past month or so. I don't know if an admin can look into this or not.

PM Herr Oberst but if I recall correctly last time they looked into it they could find nothing wrong this end.

"He is wise who watches"

A problem may be because they have not confirmed their E-mail address after joining. There are three or more just hanging about waiting for this to be done. Get the chaps to PM me with their details and I will look into it for them.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    A problem may be because they have not confirmed their E-mail address after joining. There are three or more just hanging about waiting for this to be done. Get the chaps to PM me with their details and I will look into it for them.
    Rob.
    I wonder if they are not receiving the email to confirm their account.
    I have not been receiving emails from the site since December 14th (except for one received Jan 3rd)
    This includes Private Messages.

Was working fine before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I have not been receiving emails from the site since December 14th

Was working fine before.
    True for me, too.

Google automatically filters Keith's email as spam for some reason. I had to create a custom filter to let it through.

"Artificial Intelligence" is a contradiction in terms...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Right.
    I will PM them tomorrow.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Google automatically filters Keith's email as spam for some reason. I had to create a custom filter to let it through.

"Artificial Intelligence" is a contradiction in terms...
    I did that long ago, but suddenly it stopped working. It doesn't go to SPAM. Nothing gets through.

Yes - my emails from the Forum were fine, then stopped, then on/off/on/off.

They have never arrived in my SPAM folder.

I'm currently not receiving Forum emails.
    Neither is my SPAM folder.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I am going to tag onto this thread. Predhead is having issues logging in. Can one of the Admins help out. Here is a screen capture of the error he is getting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	270690859_463073735471588_2338501465983183762_n.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	310581

Dan.

Can you get him to reapply for membership as there is no record of him in the members list.
    Rob.

I'm not currently getting notifications either from the site here nor on Sails.
    Rob.

Hmmm... i'm not getting anything but direct PMs, either. Thought it was me.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I haven't gotten any emails from the site for years, and have given up asking about them.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I haven't gotten any emails from the site for years, and have given up asking about them.
    Karl
    Wow! This just echo'd back to me by email! First time in over a month.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Yeah, I haven’t received an email in about a month, started getting them through again yesterday

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Yeah, I haven’t received an email in about a month, started getting them through again yesterday
    Same here, (touch wood)

I wonder if a server message queue was stalled.

Ok,
    predhead can login to the site. He cannot modify his profile or post any replies or anything.

When he tries he gets the error that I showed earlier.

Looks like he had a gold membership at one time. Did it not renew and could that be causing the issue?

Any ideas?

More info from predhead:

"I had no issues with the site until a few days ago when I updated my email address and password."

Don't know if this helps or not.

Could Not get on at all yesterday.
    Today, here I am.
    Did not do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post
    Could Not get on at all yesterday.
    Today, here I am.
    Did not do anything.
    Same here but I can successfully connect this morning. Also I am now receiving email updates. I wonder if the two are connected?

Yesterday there was an "Internal Server Error" so no one could get on until it got fixed.

This seems completely unconnected to the email problem.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Site Problems?
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2017, 16:13
  2. Site connection problems
    By Blauer Baron in forum German Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 08:00
  3. Illinois: Joining From the Anchorage
    By Nightmoss in forum US Wing
    Replies: 28