This thread is to let people know my adventure in putting together the 'Metal Earth Premium Series - Mandalorian Razor Crest' ship.

The start. Read the instructions. And actually understand them.

This kit comes with landing gear and open hatch ramps, should one wish to have it displayed in that configuration. I wanted in the flying configuration, so lots of parts didn't get used. Note: you have to decide which configuration you want, as there are things that can't be changed later.

I didn't take pictures of every step, but a few were taken as I went.

Top of the fuselage and cockpit were done, and I started on the right side of the fuselage:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RazorBuild-01.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	312975
Note: As I started this build, I lost one piece, and bent another until it broke trying to get it into the position indicated on the instructions. The piece I lost sprung out of my fingers as I tried to bend it into place. I never saw or heard it land. I still don't know where it went, and the vacuum cleaner may have disposed of it.

Completion of the gun on the right side:

Name:	RazorBuild-02.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	312976
The side hatch in this image is closed. If the landing configuration is chosen, the hatch piece is attached in a completely different manner, including an extended ramp and internal details I didn't use.

Top detail. The two missing pieces were to go into this part, but the end build won't miss them. Most people won't know they are missing, either, I suspect:

Name:	RazorBuild-03.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	312977

This is the lower fuselage and front of the cockpit completed, and attached to the upper part:

Name:	RazorBuild-04.jpg 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	312978

Side view of the fuselage, showing the wing and landing gear fairing. If you were to build it in the landing configuration, there is a separate fairing piece with an opening for the landing gear, and this closed piece isn't used.

Name:	RazorBuild-05.jpg 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	312979

I jumped way ahead on the instructions, and finished the underside of the ship. I thought that I'd do it this way, as only the engines remained, and the attachments are on the wings. This made the fuselage sturdier when attaching the engines, and got rid of the pokey bits and tabs that would be hazards to me when working on the engines. It can be done this way or as in the instructions. Your choice.

Name:	RazorBuild-06.jpg 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	312980
Note: the two side hatches and the back ramp can be configured in an open position, along with all the landing gear bits. It might be worth getting two ships and putting them in each configuration, if one wanted a challenge.

A front 3/4 view. This shows my poor work on the cockpit. This required a two direction bend on the front canopy, rolling the metal side to side and top to bottom. I need more practice, I guess.

Name:	RazorBuild-07.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	312981

I put together the stand, as that was the easiest way to put the ship aside as I went to work on the engines.

Name:	RazorBuild-08.jpg 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	312982

An overview of the work station. The back of the first sheet of instructions had the parts layout indicated for the four sheets of cut-out parts. I used wood dowels and sticks for rolling pieces, and for bending tabs on parts. Tweezers were used to grab tabs and pull them through slots, as well as bending them. I used tweezers to hold parts together, and sharpened dowel ends to bend tabs, at times, too.

Name:	RazorBuild-09.jpg 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	312983
Sharp, fine cutters are needed to clip out parts, and sometimes, even that didn't prevent parts from bending.

The engines are produced in three segments, and I read that there are 31 pieces per engine. Not quite as many parts as a real engine, but the detail on this fictional ship is pretty amazing.

Name:	RazorBuild-10.jpg 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	312984
Note: On the right of the three engine parts is the start of the second engine. The front "turbine" and the first section of the engine cylinder are seen. Three parts make up the turbine facing.

First engine installed, and three sections of the second engine completed.

Name:	RazorBuild-11.jpg 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	312985

The completed ship.

Name:	RazorBuild-12.jpg 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	312986

The Mandalorian Razor Crest ship, with a Cylon Heavy Raider and a Colonial Viper as a scale comparison.

Name:	RazorBuild-13.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	312987

Sometime soon, I will attach a small adapter piece so a BSG stand can be used with the metal target.