Ares Games

Thread: My First Custom Plane!

Default My First Custom Plane!

I just completed my very first repaint! *Backround clapping........* Thank you... thank you... quiet down! Okay, I completed this plane all by my self, no companion, all me the whole time, just a boy and a plane, (and a smartphone), with a little help from his dad. Here's a few pics.

1: The original plane
    2: After primer & the yellow stripes
    3-7: The finish product!!! However we still need to touch up the yellow stripes' edges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 050.jpg   051.jpg   054.jpg   053.jpg   052.jpg  

055.jpg   020.jpg   022.jpg   021.jpg   019.jpg  

Last edited by Aero825; 02-12-2011 at 08:48.

Oh, and we still need to apply sealant (After touch-up).

Nice going Hunter!, maybe I'll hire you to come to Ohio and work on some of my planes... but I'd have to pay you with brownies...

What kind of paint-on primer are you using?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Well, funny thing about that. It's actually a SPRAY-on primer, that was designed specifically for military minis. We decided it would be too much hastle to cover up all the parts of the plane that we didn't want to paint, so we sprayed the primer onto a paper plate and painted THAT on!

Next time you can try using card board to mask what you do not want to spray... sometimes you can just hold it in place... sometimes you use it or newspaper combined with masking tape... a lot of it depends on how much "overspray" you are getting from the particular can..
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Its a good start. Keep it up!

Zach

Nice job especially for a first time repaint. I wish my first one looked that good.

I'll bet it does!
    Last edited by Aero825; 01-31-2011 at 13:40.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marts
    Sorties Flown

A lovely repaint. I thought I was going for the sympathy 'great job' comment when I saw the primer photo, luckily that was just part of the process!

Great Job for a first effort. Non of mine looked that good at your age Hunter.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Dear Lt. Colonel Kyte Sir,

Begging the Lt. Colonel's pardon, but the word in the barracks amongs the men is that when you were Hunter's Age they did not have WWI models for children to paint. In fact the real aircraft were actually being used to fight the war... it has even been speculated that you were actually born before Orville and Wilbur left the ground in Kitty Hawk...

Of course it is entirely possible that the men have been out out hitting the white lightning again Sir... but I thought it was best to bring this matter to your attention in the case that young Captain Hunter might have gotten wind of the situation and might be doubting the validity of your words Sir. Begging your Pardon and all sir...

Oh and sir I thought you should know that your cat has once again climbed the windsock pole, gotten itself into the windsock and refuses to come down. The enemy has just dropped a message by Fokker complaining about the racket again...
    Last edited by The Cowman; 02-01-2011 at 19:44.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quit giving the cat the good booze! Sheesh. Hunter does a bang up job and then you louts get the cat loaded..........

Nice job Hunter! ...er, ignore the cat thing ;-0

I finally posted the touched-up pics. They're the last 4 pics. I meant to do this much earlier. Sorry!

Looks fantastic. Nice improvements. I can already see that you are starting to get better brush control. keep practicing! You are going to be a hard core pro in no time at all!

Yes Hunter. Very nice indeed. You should strike even more fear into your arch enemy flying your own distinctive plane.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Custom Cards help?
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 22:59
  2. Custom Cards
    By Belis4rius in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 01:14
  3. Custom Cards
    By Aero825 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5