Ares Games

Thread: New flyer to UK Wing

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Default New flyer to UK Wing

Good afternoon chaps

Well thanks to the very friendly chaps at Salute, Im sure being Johnbiggles and co, I have now officially ventured into the air with WW1 starter set and Wings of Glory. I had tremendous fun at Salute in the massive Battle of Britain game against the Luftwaffe bombers. Also invested into a game mat. Now looking what to go for in terms of aircraft.

Im based in Northamptonshire not far from Northampton Town so hope to touch base with you all and get a game in soon.

Mike

Greetings from overcast Nottingham Michael. I'm sure we will meet shortly at an event somewhere. Not long into next year is Hammerhead at Newark Showground, and I'm sure that if you enjoy sorties into the South and West of the country you will catch even more shows down there in the near future.
    Till then fly safe and enjoy the Drome for all that it offers.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Welcome,

Was good to see you at Salute, think it was you who took out the German scout that was bothering me (Ruth Biggles)!!

Enjoy yourself and I suggest you decide what period you wish to play and then get whatever planes are available. Early war planes are more difficult and expensive.

Baz

Hello Michael

Glad you enjoyed Salute. The King salutes you. Enjoy your new toys and enjoy your time here. Dive in, lots of people on here will help you with any questions

Welcome to the aerodrome Michael

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Evening Ruth, it was very good to meet you. I dont recall that one, I was the player later in the afternoon. I flew in a hurricane off the left side of the table from your side and I took down a bomber just on target and then your ME109.....

Sorry as a Kraut myself from ancestory that felt a bad move, but my colours were most definitely pinned to the RAF on that game.

Im going WW1 for the moment in testimony to my great grandfather who was a fighter pilot in WW1 and earner of the Pour LeMerite serving his country with the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte in Jagdstaffel 15.

I look forwar to meet up with you again soon for yet another game.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Michael, from here near Norwich. Do explore this website. There is much here to add to the enjoyment of the game. In particular, look in the Files section. Do feel free to ask questions about the game. You will find the people here are very friendly and helpful.

Hi there Michael, apologies for the delay in your official announcement, (please check your personal messages). Welcome aboard, I know your neck of the woods very well having lived there (and gone to college there) for several years.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Hi there Michael, apologies for the delay in your official announcement, (please check your personal messages). Welcome aboard, I know your neck of the woods very well having lived there (and gone to college there) for several years.
    Evening WingCo,
    Yes just read your very kind note and many thanks. We have a local gaming shop which has gaming evenings on a Wednesday night and most of Saturday to. Wings of Glory is stocked as well. Hopefully get to see some of the fine chaps here for a game some time.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Michael!

It was good to meet you @ 'Salute' - hope to do so again at some more of our events across the U.K.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 11-15-2021 at 04:17.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Michael, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the 'drome Michael from a sunny Dorset this afternoon, sorry I couldn't make it to Salute, things conspired against me this year.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time playing WoG! Check out the downloads for interesting scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by HauptmannHummel View Post
    Evening WingCo,
    Yes just read your very kind note and many thanks. We have a local gaming shop which has gaming evenings on a Wednesday night and most of Saturday to. Wings of Glory is stocked as well. Hopefully get to see some of the fine chaps here for a game some time.
    Hello Michael.

What's the name of the store? Always good to find a new source

Hello Michael, and welcome to the 'drome. I'm glad you enjoyed our game at Salute.

Lest we forget

welcome to the drome Michael!!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Michael.

What's the name of the store? Always good to find a new source
    Hi Iain
    Battlefield Hobbies in Daventry Northants. I know the owners quite well. I'm popping in on Saturday to check out stock and also what they hope to get back in stock. I'll let you know more when I have that info.

Mike

Somehow missed this one.
    Welcome from Portland, Oregon, Michael.

Hi Michael and welcome to the 'Drome' from up here in West Yorkshire near Pontefract. Fly safe and always watch your six!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Michael. You'll be kept busy as there is quite an active group of pilots in Britain.

Bienvenue to the friendly Drome Michael. Your time here will be well spent and if you can get to the Doncaster outing a great week end is guaranteed

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Similar Missions

1. Central England Hello from a new flyer
    By Ringbolt in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-13-2014, 14:55
  2. Hello from a new flyer
    By Trumpet in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 01:56
  3. Replies: 17